Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
So, speaking of dark rides...I just watched an interview with Tony Baxter. Apparently, the cancelled Ichabod ride for WDW was to be much like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, as in guests would board giant jack-o-lanterns and spin around (like the pumpkin thrown by the Headless Horseman) through the ride. Should we do likewise?

ULPO46

Cute Idea, how ever Disney Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea have you beat. If disney wanted to build more in the Oceania, Asia, Australia region, they would have built the Shanghai resort instead in the land Down and under. How ever that aside, i would really like a new Resort that is not a copy of Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom. Make something original for once, especially in a nation so beautiful and grand as Australia. Not to make a Aussie themed park but something original with ideas of disney. Perhaps instead of a Castle built a fort or something grand. But I feel there are way to many Disnelyand and Magic Kingdom Copies to build yet another one.

ULPO46

I think that the magic kingdom copies are the key or heart of a disney resort. There should be that one castle park sure it can be executed differently but there should be one. http://idealbuildout.blogspot.fr here is an example if you look for the 2015 project.
True but it's not economic at the time. For now Shanghai shall be the last Disney park for a while. After all like most people know on here Disney only owns just about or exactly 50% of those parks. If Shanghai proves succseful than Disney might look at Australia. But it will be years before it ever happens. But before I see Disne Australia, America seriously needs a third resort. Disneyland and Disney World are way too crowded by both U.S. Citizens and Foreign tourist from the same countries or continents that have Disney Parks with the so called copies of the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.

orlando678-

You have a point, but do know that this is just ideas, no reality. Also australia is a very nice place to build a disney resort. Maybe something for the distant future. Also werent there a lot of rumors for new gates for the Paris, Orlando and Hong Kong resorts, at least thats what i know.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yeah, this is just a fantasy, nothing based in reality. We're just a bunch of Disney nerds having a good time. :) I can see your reality based perspective, though. Oh how nice it would be to get a third resort in the states! If not another gate on either side to help alleviate the crowd problems. Even with hiked prices here in California, the parks are more crowded than ever, not forgetting to mention the 60th Anniversary coming up.

Shanghai is going to be a hit or miss in my opinion. Here's to hoping that, after learning their lesson with Hong Kong, Shanghai is a massive success. If not, they'll spend a fortune on a revitalization of the project.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Just for fun (and to keep things alive), here's a list of background music for Fantasyland's Storybook Village. As with Disneyland's Fantasy Faire, these instrumentals are provided in charming Renaissance-style arrangements, further strengthening the village's Bavarian charm.

1. "When You Wish Upon a Star"
2. "I'm Wishing"/"Someday My Prince Will Come
3. "For the First Time in Forever"
4. "Bells of Notre Dame"
5. "Once Upon a Dream"
6. "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"
7. "Be Our Guest"
8. "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
9. "Gaston"
10. "Dig-a-Dig-Dig"/Heigh-Ho"
14. "Little Wooden Head"
15. "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
16. "Happy Working Song"
17. "Winnie the Pooh"
18. "A Whole New World"
19. "The Second Star to the Right"
20. "Beauty & the Beast"
21. "A Very Merry Unbirthday"
22. "Out There"
23. "Part of Your World"
24. "You Can Fly!"
25. "Topsy Turvy"
26. "Under the Sea"
27. "I Can Go the Distance"
28. "Reflection"
29. "Let it Go"
30. "I Can See the Light"

Brer Panther

I think that could work pretty well!

I'm surprised nobody's brought up the park's Haunted Mansion yet... I know I've brought up this idea before, but Jeremy Irons would make an awesome Ghost Host.

I brought it up, saying it should be unique like Phantom Manor and Mystic Manor. We decided it should be in Main Street off on a hill, making it that creepy house on the hill. I proposed an interactive mansion in the sense of Monsters Ride and Go Seek, but it was rejected. I still think it should have the story of Paris, the grand scale of Orlando, the trackless system of Hong Kong, and if we're doing a more cartoony version, then we should add interactivity of Tokyo's Monsters.

orlando678-

I had an idea for a test track meets big thunder mountain railroad like ride in an Alien themed area. It would be a thrill ride where we are sent to investigate the mountain range around a crashed U.F.O ship. In the ride you will then encounter various alien like creatures. The ride won't be scary, but will have a scene with aliens shooting laser beams at the guests.

mharrington

Recently, I had just put up a thread on where Mickey's Fun House/Madcap Circus (one of those two) would go from here to WDW's Magic Kingdom, because I wanted it to be in Storybook Circus: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...s-storybook-circus-open-brainstorming.898231/.

Anyway, based on that, I want to ask you a question about this that you never answered. You said you wanted it to have a ride system like Pooh's Hunny Hunt or Mystic Manor, but I'm trying to get this included for WDW's Magic Kingdom. That's what I was trying to get at in terms of space. I was thinking of putting this into the space that is currently occupied by the Tomorrowland Speedway. I would think that Mystic Manor is a lot bigger than the space that Tomorrowland Speedway has to offer.

To give you an idea of where the Florida version of the Madcap Circus ride may go, here's a picture:
mapwaltdisneyworldmagic.png

And here's another shot, representing the rough access point right between Goofini and Dumbo:
tumblr_m20vi9cS701rr7ey3o1_1280.jpg

Based on that, there's really no room for it to be done in the format of Mystic Manor. It will probably be cut down. I'm trying to work this into the Magic Kingdom without necessarily fudging the map too much. I could probably expand beyond the train tracks, but that would likely mean either a tunnel under the tracks or have the trains travel through the attraction building somehow. As the building is likely themed to a circus tent, how does that seem logical for trains to travel THROUGH circus tents?

I would probably also have to cut down on the number of characters in the ride, some of which would probably go in the nearby Pete's Silly Sideshow anyway. But even so, how can this ride be done at WDW's Magic Kingdom?

TheKarnivalKid

A while ago, the list of lands was:
-Main Sreet
-Frontierland
-Adventureland
-Mystic Seas
-Fantasyland
-Toontown
-Hollywoodland
-Spaceport 55
-Tomorrowland

Are we keeping this many lands or is this basically a list of all possibilities and we would pick from these?
Though I understand it's a dream park, it seems like a lot to have 9 lands where each one seems like it needs to be somewhat substantial (as opposed to say Critter Country which is fine as a small land. Its hard to imagine a Critter Country sized well themed Frontierland)

Flippin'Flounder

A while ago, the list of lands was:
-Main Sreet
-Frontierland
-Adventureland
-Mystic Seas
-Fantasyland
-Toontown
-Hollywoodland
-Spaceport 55
-Tomorrowland

Are we keeping this many lands or is this basically a list of all possibilities and we would pick from these?
Though I understand it's a dream park, it seems like a lot to have 9 lands where each one seems like it needs to be somewhat substantial (as opposed to say Critter Country which is fine as a small land. Its hard to imagine a Critter Country sized well themed Frontierland)
I thought we ditched Spaceport 55?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom