Boardwalk Inn or Contemporary Resort?

SnarkyMonkey

Original Poster
I think Contemporary definitely wins with regards to transportation. But the BW does have a lot of other things going for it. Breakfast in France being one. How amazing!

Pghdrumr

having stayed at both, I would go with Contemporary.
We have young children, so being close to magic kingdom is key, and the location of the CR is second to none! And having the Monorail at your door makes it so easy to get to Epcot. My kids think the CR is the best. The staff was wonderful at the pool area. Wish my budget could afford the CR each time! The bus transportation at Beachclub was a bit scarce in my experience.

cat hem

Contemporary - pure theme - Boardwalks creepy clown slide at the pool just bugs me! The pools at Contemporary are very nice (and when I stayed there one was just adult!) Garden wing is great we had a first floor with "patio" nice and quiet and near the pool.

MermaidJuli

Boardwalk for me! I love the themeing, I love the decor, I love the proximity to Epcot and HS and all of the restaurant options there. And I really love walking along the boardwalk in the early evening and taking in all the sights and smells.

CaptainAmerica

I think Contemporary definitely wins with regards to transportation.
Oh I disagree. Yeah, they have the monorail and it's walking distance to MK, but that's only one park. Busses from the Contemporary are awful, especially if they're on a shared loop with the Poly and/or Grand at the time of your visit. I'd take the BW's central location over the Contemporary's uber-convenience to the one park any day.*

*Disclosure: I spend a lot of time at Animal Kingdom.

Hockey89

Oh I disagree. Yeah, they have the monorail and it's walking distance to MK, but that's only one park. Busses from the Contemporary are awful, especially if they're on a shared loop with the Poly and/or Grand at the time of your visit. I'd take the BW's central location over the Contemporary's uber-convenience to the one park any day.*

*Disclosure: I spend a lot of time at Animal Kingdom.
I agree....We walk to Epcot and MGM, so that's simple.... One bus to Magic or Animal kingdom... Plus, it is more of a central location.... For ease of parks it is a no brainer..

Missymoe4

Contemporary.

I love Boardwalk and being close to Epcot and DHS, but I love Contemporary. I love the overall feel of it, I love the monorail, I love being able to walk to MK, I love being able to hop on the monorail and be over at Grand Floridian or Polynesian, I just love Contemporary. It's been my favorite ever since I was a kid.

Plus, the QS food is better at Contemporary. Much as I love Boardwalk Bakery, Contempo Cafe has it all over Boardwalk bakery. And I like Contemporary's gifts shops over Boardwalk's, though Boardwalk has a very nice gift shop.

Agreed to all you said.

Missymoe4

This is tough because the Contemporary is my favorite, but I love the common area theming at Boardwalk. So, one gives me a "I'm a kid - I'm at Disney World" totally nostalgic feeling, while the other gives me a reminders of childhood at home sort of feeling (old time NJ sort of thing for BW). Still, I'm going to give the edge to the Contemporary.

Let's set aside all of the monorail nostalgia and my love of Mary Blair. I give the nod to the Contemporary because the rooms are larger and the location provides you with more convenience than I think any resort at WDW can offer. It's the only resort where you can walk to MK, it's one stop on the monorail to the TTC- which is shorter time than the walk from the Poly to the TTC, when you look at the time on the monorail (both monorails) from the Contemporary to Epcot...it's really not that much longer than walking from BW all the way to Future World in Epcot, of course you have monorail access to all of the monorail resorts, you have the boat to WL/Ft. Wilderness, and if you're like me and actually enjoy a 7am breakfast at Chef Mickey's - it's really the only resort where that's easily accomplished. Beyond that, while some people bash the Garden Wing, the Garden Wing rooms are one of the best deluxe options at Disney for the price. The rooms are on par price-wise with the Epcot resorts yet are identical to the rooms in the Contemporary tower. Now, I know everyone's definition of a long walk is different, but I found the walk from the Garden Wing to the tower to be no biggie- and we were over near the water. I mean, the walks from some of the GF's buildings and Poly's longhouses are longer than what you're looking at with the Contemporary Garden Wing. And of course, if you want to pay more for the tower, you have the option of paying for theme park view...which would be pretty amazing.

Again, Agreed to all....including my love for Mary Blair!!

(BTW: I love your pic. ;) )

BigRedDad

For me, it is based on which are the park(s) you want to go to most. CR resort is convenient to MK only. BW is a walk to DHS and Epcot. It also only has buses to DTD, MK, and AK. We go by car and only need a bus to MK. It is the only park with inconvenient parking. CR does have the monorail and quick access to visit Poly and GF.

JohnWD

We love both! We go once a year, and stay for a good length of time. So we split our stay - 1/3 at BLT, and 2/3 at BWV. The best of all magical worlds!

rufio

I haven't stayed at the Contemporary, but I stayed at Bay Lake Tower. Honestly, between the two I'd probably pick the Contemporary (assuming it's similar). Boardwalk was great! I really enjoyed the proximity to Epcot, but I actually found that I didn't walk over as much as I thought I would. Not to mention the quick service dining options at the actual Boardwalk aren't great. When I stayed at the Contemporary I walked over to MK all the time! And you have great dining options all along the monorail!

Definitely the Contemporary!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom