Boardwalk Inn or Contemporary Resort?

StarWarsGirl

Contemporary.

I love Boardwalk and being close to Epcot and DHS, but I love Contemporary. I love the overall feel of it, I love the monorail, I love being able to walk to MK, I love being able to hop on the monorail and be over at Grand Floridian or Polynesian, I just love Contemporary. It's been my favorite ever since I was a kid.

Plus, the QS food is better at Contemporary. Much as I love Boardwalk Bakery, Contempo Cafe has it all over Boardwalk bakery. And I like Contemporary's gifts shops over Boardwalk's, though Boardwalk has a very nice gift shop.

Tinkerbell397

I agree 100% with @StarWarsGirl95. The Contemporary has been my favorite since I took my kids there in the 80's. Since then I tried the WL, Port Orleans (When it was Dixie Landings), Shades of Green, The Poly and off property. Nothing beats hopping the monorail to visit or eat at the other monorail resorts or riding into the MK. And nothing beats that feeling at the end of the day, when you feet are killing you and all you have to do is get off the monorail and you are home. I also love the feel of an all inclusive resort...no walking outside to get to you room or amenities. The busses are also very convenient and close to the lobby. Some resorts have bus stops that are so far that walking to them becomes a chore. The boat to The WL is also very nice for dinner at Artist Point of just to explore the grounds. :cat:

DisneyJunkie

Without hesitation: The Contemporary.

I can say that too without having ever stayed there. I've stayed at the Boardwalk and it was ok, but since we spend most of our time at the Magic Kingdom, we always prefer to stay in that area......which the Contemporary is.

mouse_luv

I'm not actually deciding beside the two right now. I was just curious.

Looks like Contemporary is winning!

I just asked about your favorite park because I found that both resorts are fantastic and your fave park would have helped you choose possibly. If you are an EPCOT/DHS fan I would have said Boardwalk because you can walk there from the hotel. If it was MK then of course Contemporary.
You have to remember when it comes to meals, you have all of EPCOT WS, plus the other hotels in the area and on the boardwalk to eat at.

WDW_Jon

BW... All about the location for me, all the stuff on the boardwalk, YC, BC & swan and dolphin all within walking distance for dining etc not to mention walking into Epcot and the nice change of getting a boat to DHS... One less bus!

Blairnicol

I prefer Boardwalk because you have the best access to all the parks, transportation wise. Walk or boat ride to Epcot & DHS, Monorail to MK. The only park you have to bus to is AK. You also have the access to the most restaurants: everything on Crescent Lake and in Epcot is in walking distance, as is DHS, and the MK resorts are just a monorail ride away! I also enjoy the theming at BWI better. The Contemporary is classic Disney. However, if you travel often, it's really just a nice, modern hotel with an overlay of classic Disney characters sprinkled throughout. The Boardwalk's theme isn't something you will really see anywhere else. But if you are going to spend more time at MK, The Contemporary is a better choice. My beef with both hotels are their cr-ppy pools. The clown situation at the BWI freaks me out a bit, haha.

SnarkyMonkey

Original Poster
I just asked about your favorite park because I found that both resorts are fantastic and your fave park would have helped you choose possibly. If you are an EPCOT/DHS fan I would have said Boardwalk because you can walk there from the hotel. If it was MK then of course Contemporary.
You have to remember when it comes to meals, you have all of EPCOT WS, plus the other hotels in the area and on the boardwalk to eat at.

I love both MK and Epcot. That's why I think both would be great choices.

The Contemporary is classic Disney. However, if you travel often, it's really just a nice, modern hotel with an overlay of classic Disney characters sprinkled throughout. The Boardwalk's theme isn't something you will really see anywhere else.

I'm not sure about that. I have traveled a lot through New England and the Boardwalk seems very much like some of the hotels I've stayed in there. But I love it!

bee

It's a close call, but Boardwalk wins because I spend most of my time at Epcot and love going in through the International Gateway.

TXDisney

Depends for me. Which park to you spend more time in MK or Epcot? I'd base that on my decision. We love epcot so boardwalk and bc are our favorites. But we don't have kids. I'm sure if we had kids we'd do contemporary more bc it's so close to MK and that's kids favorite park.

HouCuseChickie

This is tough because the Contemporary is my favorite, but I love the common area theming at Boardwalk. So, one gives me a "I'm a kid - I'm at Disney World" totally nostalgic feeling, while the other gives me a reminders of childhood at home sort of feeling (old time NJ sort of thing for BW). Still, I'm going to give the edge to the Contemporary.

Let's set aside all of the monorail nostalgia and my love of Mary Blair. I give the nod to the Contemporary because the rooms are larger and the location provides you with more convenience than I think any resort at WDW can offer. It's the only resort where you can walk to MK, it's one stop on the monorail to the TTC- which is shorter time than the walk from the Poly to the TTC, when you look at the time on the monorail (both monorails) from the Contemporary to Epcot...it's really not that much longer than walking from BW all the way to Future World in Epcot, of course you have monorail access to all of the monorail resorts, you have the boat to WL/Ft. Wilderness, and if you're like me and actually enjoy a 7am breakfast at Chef Mickey's - it's really the only resort where that's easily accomplished. Beyond that, while some people bash the Garden Wing, the Garden Wing rooms are one of the best deluxe options at Disney for the price. The rooms are on par price-wise with the Epcot resorts yet are identical to the rooms in the Contemporary tower. Now, I know everyone's definition of a long walk is different, but I found the walk from the Garden Wing to the tower to be no biggie- and we were over near the water. I mean, the walks from some of the GF's buildings and Poly's longhouses are longer than what you're looking at with the Contemporary Garden Wing. And of course, if you want to pay more for the tower, you have the option of paying for theme park view...which would be pretty amazing.

aw14

We stayedat the CR during the summer. It is by far the best resort we have stayed at. We just stayed at AKL with a savanna view and CR theme park view was still better.

Otterhead

I fantasize about staying at Boardwalk and walking over to EPCOT for breakfast in France, but I'd be concerned about bus transportation at that resort. Right now there's a single bus that goes to Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, and Dolphin. The times I've taken a bus to or from Boardwalk, it's been a hassle.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I fantasize about staying at Boardwalk and walking over to EPCOT for breakfast in France, but I'd be concerned about bus transportation at that resort. Right now there's a single bus that goes to Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, and Dolphin. The times I've taken a bus to or from Boardwalk, it's been a hassle.
Boardwalk now shares only with Swan and Dolphin. Yacht and Beach have their own buses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom