The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I didn't bother this year.
It was always something we did with my mom and the kids.
My mom is no longer with us, and the kids are all out for the night; so for the first time ever, we just said to heck with it.

My neighbour clearly forgot, as her house was lit up like a Christmas tree, before suddenly plunging into darkness at 9:24. Just waiting for her phoney baloney FB post, "Celebrating Earth Hour with the fam".
Well, you've all got one on me. Until tonight I never even heard of "Earth Hour". Does someone stay up nights thinking up this carp?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Earth Hour begins at 8:30 tonight.
Hubby says, Sorry, he's watching March Madness.

Me, I'll contribute by taking a NAP!

I'm not sure what category I fall into. Let me explain. I had the tv on in the bedroom, but fell asleep before 8:30 p.m. So, because I was asleep, I couldn't turn off the tv at "Earth Hour" time. Now, does this give me a pass? Do I still get credit for not using electrical things, because I fell asleep? o_O

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My dad is a character.

A few weeks ago, he got frustrated with his phone. I suggested that he buy a new one, since his is a hand-me-down from my mom that she didn't want anymore because it was absolute carp (and still is). "I just bought a new car; I don't want to spend anymore money." Fine. Okay. Seems reasonable, even though I showed him an inexpensive phone that would work for his needs so that he would stop complaining to me every time his phone doesn't work.

Fast forward to today...he's in his office on the computer
Dad: Come look at these Jungle Cruise napkins!
Me: I thought you weren't going to spend anymore money.
Dad: I wasn't, but it's 28% off, and they're Jungle Cruise napkins! I also want this trashcan salt shaker and this artwork.

Yeah. Won't buy himself a decent phone, but gotta have those Jungle Cruise napkins!:rolleyes:

Of course. He has his priorities straight! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ooopsss...! :oops:
Forgot to get a shot of my loaded plate, but, here's a shot of what's left of some of my smoked sausage and brisket, the birthday boy drinkin', and some of our downtown skyline... :)View attachment 88509View attachment 88510 View attachment 88511

Very nice pix. I'm curious: the picture of the people on the boat==why don't any of them have jackets or coats on? Aren't they cold? (It's 23 degrees at the moment, up here.) Is it warm enough where you live that people aren't even wearing jackets? That's summer weather, not March weather?! :confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm road tripping to Wisconsin on Friday if the stars align. Cheese is on the shopping list along with multiple bags of cheese curds! :hungry: :inlove:

Speaking of cheese . . .

Yesterday, I borrowed the camera from hubby. Tried to get pix of my dog, who doesn't stand still for more than 1 second. I kept getting pix of his back paws or tail while he was running away from the camera. So I tried to bait him with cheese; but every time I'd try to take the picture, he'd jump up and grab the cheese right out of my hand, and run with it!!)

Finally, after going through about 1/2 package of cheese :rolleyes: to lure him toward the camera, I got a picture. I told him to "sit" in my "serious" voice. He looked perturbed that he actually had to "sit" for cheese. I tried to get a friendlier looking picture, but he wasn't having any part of that . . . (He's really much cuter in person, and sorry I couldn't get a nicer picture to share.) Note: If you click on the picture, it gets a bit larger. Hubby uploaded the picture for me. :)

Jack 1.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ha ha ha . . . yes I know. :eek: That's why it was many years ago when I stayed there (and only for a few nights, as it was expensive back then, too). But now the prices at the Contemporary are just insane. I could never afford to stay there again. :(
I have not stayed at the Contemporary in many years however the cost has become so unrealistic for us plus it isn't one of my favorite resorts to be a guest in. I find it Loud, to busy with day visitors clogging up the resort guest space. I didn't pay anywhere near the rack rate of today to stay there. Personally I've found all the resorts insane for what they are.

True, but feet don't have lice.
Sure you can. Body lice mites are bigger than head lice but google the pictures, it isn't pretty.

Not only that if you wait too long to buy something, the good stuff will be gone.

My DD has always been very thin and jeans that would stay up given her height were difficult to find. JCPennys always carried slim jeans but very few in number. I would take her jean shopping in the Middle of August when the school clothes were all out and buy a weeks worth of jeans. Done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom