Staying at the Contemporary

Disney4family

We LOVE the Contemporary!!
Location, location, location.
Classic fun, excitement, great food, great shops, great views, great pools, great fun.
I teach, too. My kids know this is my home. :)

Gaston's gal

It is very nice to have the convenience of walking to MK. Plus, staying at the Contemporary with the monorail going through it is such a fun idea. You should have a great trip. Enjoy

CaptainAmerica

Staying at the Contemporary is weighing a very long "pros" list (location, history, food, shopping, transportation, convenience, monorail, shopping, "class") against a relatively short "cons" list (price, theme). For me, that last "con" is a dealbreaker. When I'm visiting Disney, I can't bring myself to stay at a hotel-themed hotel.

Missymoe4

SAM_0318.JPG
LOVE IT!!! TOTALLY DO IT!!

From one teacher to another: GO FOR IT!! ;)

I have a ton of pictures if interested. I just posted my favorite overlooking Bay Lake on another thread, but I'll repost here.

Garden rooms are great, but I do love the Tower rooms facing Bay Lake. You overlook the pool and the lake and early morning can see the boats glide past. Plus, you can view the water pageant from the balcony. Plus, you can head down to the end of your floor, walk outside and watch Wishes (with sound piped in) at the end of your floor. (We did this some nights when we relaxed at the hotel).

As a 34 year old who vacations with other 25-30 something's, we enjoy the vibe of the hotel. It may be different with children (although I did practically grow up in the Contemporary).

If you have any questions you'd like answered, feel free to contact me (or anyone on here... :) ).

I have also stayed at the Polynesian. Although when I was there I thought it was dirty (crumbs in the hallway never moved for the 12 days I stayed there), it has been about 5 years so things could have changed with the renovations and such. The Polynesian has many pluses, but that walkway from MK back to your room (knowing that you're 10-15 minutes from the MK) is simply awesome. At the end of a long night when we walk past all the people standing in line for the busses, we say: "We'll be home and resting before most of those people even board a bus."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom