The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
For the record, my ice skating coach is from Toronto and I've never once heard her say "aboot".

I've heard Canadians on HGTV shows pronounce it that way, though.
Who?
Generally, it's just the East Coasters who sort of pronounce it that way. I can't think of anyone on HGTV, who is a Coaster though.

StarWarsGirl

Who?
Generally, it's just the East Coasters who sort of pronounce it that way. I can't think of anyone on HGTV, who is a Coaster though.
On Property Brothers I've heard it said that way.
Mom watches HGTV a lot, and whenever someone says 'aboot', we point it out.

It's okay, down here in Baltimore, many warsh their dishes in the zinc with wooter. I, however, wash the dishes in the sink.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
On Property Brothers I've heard it said that way.
Mom watches HGTV a lot, and whenever someone says 'aboot', we point it out.

It's okay, down here in Baltimore, many warsh their dishes in the zinc with wooter. I, however, wash the dishes in the sink.
Jonathan and Drew are from Vancouver, so that is really peculiar.
I'll have to pay closer attention next time.

I can take or leave the twins; my favourite is Brian Baumler. And Mike Holmes ... no, just no!

StarWarsGirl

Jonathan and Drew are from Vancouver, so that is really peculiar.
I'll have to pay closer attention next time.

I can take or leave the twins; my favourite is Brian Baumler. And Mike Holmes ... no, just no!
I don't pay that much attention to anything on HGTV...my mom just likes it, so inevitably, I have to watch it.

Sometimes it's not the hosts, but the people they feature on there.

TomP

It wasnt a sexy pun mind you.
just that they get in tubes, pipes, chimneys or anything they find passage to what they think its safe haven.
oh golly...guess I went overboard. I apologize to you and the thread if I offended anyone.
As for the frog...we Floridians frequently find reptiles and such in strange places the defy explaining their method of entry. At least, I have yet to find a boa constrictor in the toilet bowl. :eek:
ETA: I figured you meant "tight" spaces and was just trying to have a little fun with the typo...sorry, again.

donaldtoo

So, I haven't really mentioned it here, but, I've been battling some allergies over the last three weeks. I've never been afraid to go to the Dr., especially when it comes to monitoring my heart condition, blood pressure, blood sugar, weight, etc.. But, although I've had them plenty bad many times over the years, I've never had to go for allergies before. Finally had to relent last night and head to an after hours care place. The coughing was driving me (and, everyone around me) insane.
They gave me a breathing treatment (yep, the good ol' neb, which I've never had before). That helped a little, but, not as much as the attending had hoped. Next, chest x-ray. Bronchitis along with the potential beginnings of Pneumonia. So, I'm home for the rest of the week.
I HATE this! Before I left the office last night, I sent 3 PDF design solutions to the partner who's project I was working on. When I called out this morning and talked to him, he said they were all good and not to worry, it would give him time to analyze them further, and to get well.
Even so, I HATE this! I need to be producing. It's what I do.

StarWarsGirl

So, I haven't really mentioned it here, but, I've been battling some allergies over the last three weeks. I've never been afraid to go to the Dr., especially when it comes to monitoring my heart condition, blood pressure, blood sugar, weight, etc.. But, although I've had them plenty bad many times over the years, I've never had to go for allergies before. Finally had to relent last night and head to an after hours care place. The coughing was driving me (and, everyone around me) insane.
They gave me a breathing treatment (yep, the good ol' neb, which I've never had before). That helped a little, but, not as much as the attending had hoped. Next, chest x-ray. Bronchitis along with the potential beginnings of Pneumonia. So, I'm home for the rest of the week.
I HATE this! Before I left the office last night, I sent 3 PDF design solutions to the partner who's project I was working on. When I called out this morning and talked to him, he said they were all good and not to worry, it would give him time to analyze them further, and to get well.
Oh lovely. Sympathy like. Nebulizer treatments are such fun! :rolleyes:

I know you hate being stuck at home, but it's best, both for you and everyone around you. It's best for you because you need to be at home and not exerting yourself too much. And it's best for those around you. With bronchitis, all you have to do is cough near or around someone to give it to them the bacteria or virus that causes the bronchitis. It's highly contagious.

TomP

bummer...hope you get to feeling better soon.

donaldtoo

Oh lovely. Sympathy like. Nebulizer treatments are such fun! :rolleyes:

I know you hate being stuck at home, but it's best, both for you and everyone around you. It's best for you because you need to be at home and not exerting yourself too much. And it's best for those around you. With bronchitis, all you have to do is cough near or around someone to give it to them the bacteria or virus that causes the bronchitis. It's highly contagious.

Thank you.
The Doc I saw said it was likely not contagious, since it was caused by an extension of the allergies and not a virus or bacteria. Who knows.
Anyway, yes, I'm just so exhausted and sore from coughing. It hurts.
The neb was just something I've never had before. It was just fine, but, it was something we had to do for super premie DS, and I know you need them from time to time, but, I just never imagined myself needing one.
Life's a hoot..!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

ETA: with the pulse/ox I was only at 95% ox when I got there...

StarWarsGirl

Thank you.
The Doc I saw said it was likely not contagious, since it was caused by an extension of the allergies and not a virus or bacteria. Who knows.
Anyway, yes, I'm just so exhausted and sore from coughing. It hurts.
The neb was just something I've never had before. It was just fine, but, it was something we had to do for super premie DS, and I know you need them from time to time, but, I just never imagined myself needing one.
Life's a hoot..!!! :joyfull: ;) :)
Uh, I need them more than from time to time...haha. Like yesterday. Twice. Inhalers don't work that well for me, so if it doesn't work, I have to start on the nebs.

If it's going into pnuemonia, then it's bacterial. Which means it would be contagious. I've never heard of bronchitis not being contagious. What happens is you start with the allergies, and then you get congested, and the congestion sits in your chest and gets infected. I've never hear of bronchitis not being contagious. Either way, it's best to stay away from others.

My dad had bronchitis a few years ago, and the doctor prescribed him an inhaler. Unlike his wife and daughter, my father does not have asthma, so he'd never used one before. It was fun watching him try...:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom