The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

Voxel

President of Progress City
Oh, cool. When I'm caught up with GoT, Zillion pick up one of his books. Any suggested first titles to read?
The Bourne series is a classic. He also has the Matarese circle is the one that really stuck out in my mind along with the scarletti inhertance are prolly the best. After the first Bourne books his plots becoming less believable

tcool

If new Cinderella is popular will that affect current Cinderella? Like the castle, character costumes and anything else they would change for it? Would the coach stay longer at DHS?

Vipraa

@tcool I like your logo and was bored so I just whipped up this. I thought yours was well designed and just wanted to work on my own photoshop abilities . Feel free to use it if @RMichael21 will allow it.

Journey through OZ.jpg

DinoInstitute

So...I have a question RM. In the event that the reward is a disadvantage to another player, am I able to have that disadvantage cast on me? It's fine if so, because I am being specially accommodated for after all, but I will have to probably change my project somewhat if I did get it.

RMichael21

Original Poster
So...I have a question RM. In the event that the reward is a disadvantage to another player, am I able to have that disadvantage cast on me? It's fine if so, because I am being specially accommodated for after all, but I will have to probably change my project somewhat if I did get it.
No, you're not eligible to receive the reward or have it affect you. So, you're neutral.

TheOriginalTiki

Here's my quick thoughts on every else's projects as we wait for RMichael.

Vipraa-Love the choice of franchise! Very lucrative and classic. One of the few franchises from "Old Holywood" that modern kids still get attached to. I found a couple of your scenes to be a little overly predictable (I would have rather seen the windmill from Frankenstein rather than the over-played "it's alive!" scene) and I couldn't tell who was suposed to be an actor and what was suposed to be an AA. Very strong concept and source material though, and excellent use of images. The color scheme of those old posters is really pleasing to the eye!

Zwei-Hands down my favorite! I've actually spent a lot of time thinking about a Malificent style live-action prequel to Disney's "Hades" where we get into a lot of this Underworld type of stuff. The Cerebus scene gave me chills. Perhaps just a little bit heavy on dialogue, but overall a really strong presentation that makes you feel like you were taken on a journey. I still would have liked to see what you'd do with a traditional Universal franchise, though.

Tcool-Sorry buddy, this was my least favorite of the bunch. I'm a bit biased though because Wizard of Oz has never been my cup of tea (honestly find it to be one of the more over-rated "classic" movies...) But besides that you comitted my cardinal sin of never re-telling a movie's story scene-by-scene. It made your project read much more like a synobsis of the film than something you're experiencing in a theme park. Having a story that sucks you into the world of the film is key for something like this. I also thought going from New York to Kansas was a really harsh transition. Props for using the Wicked references though. Honestly I think you could have made an AMAZING walk-through based specifically on that!

tcool

Tcool-Sorry buddy, this was my least favorite of the bunch. I'm a bit biased though because Wizard of Oz has never been my cup of tea (honestly find it to be one of the more over-rated "classic" movies...) But besides that you comitted my cardinal sin of never re-telling a movie's story scene-by-scene. It made your project read much more like a synobsis of the film than something you're experiencing in a theme park. Having a story that sucks you into the world of the film is key for something like this. I also thought going from New York to Kansas was a really harsh transition. Props for using the Wicked references though. Honestly I think you could have made an AMAZING walk-through based specifically on that!

Tell you what it was supposed to be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at first, but then I remembered that isn't a Uni property just my question if we could use IPs not currently owned by Uni. Also the reason why I asked all those questions I even went as far as to asking RM in a PM if I could have something like Cinderella Castle Suite. It also didn't go through the film only the factory.

The Emerald City part with the reused Wicked Song is not in the original film. So not technically 100% to the film. I also was going to do three things that changed a No Mourns the Wicked scene after Dorothy goes home, The Scarecrow not be in the last rooms, and a separate tunnel instead of going back to the Wizard with Elphaba and Fiyero reunited which will then be reconnected to the final 2 rooms.

I went from New York to Kansas:confused:? Err no... Fear Factor - Live is next to Lodon (Diagon Alley) and MIB which is next to the cartoon world of Springfield. All of which are visible to each other by a lake. Also the attraction never went to Kansas it sort of started outside with Munchkinland. So in theory the themed environment would transport you to Oz because it takes place in Munchkinland and not Kansas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom