NFL 2015 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Some notable cuts as of late:

- Ravens cut Jacoby Jones
- Giants cut Mathias Kiwanuka and Peyton Hillis
- Colts just Ricky Jean-Francois

In other news, Josh McCown visits the Cleveland Browns. Get ready for the new face of the franchise! I told you Manziel was going to be a wasted pick.

PUSH

Original Poster
I read this morning that the Bills are interested in Sam Bradford. Not sure how much truth there is to that one.
I heard no teams have made an offer for him or have any real interest because of his salary. I saw one mock draft saying the Rams are going to take Mariota at 10, but I doubt he'll be there by then.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers continue their cuts of lackluster linebackers, cutting AJ Hawk who holds the franchise record for most tackles.

PUSH

Original Poster
I couldn't believe this! Shocking
I understand Alonso is underrated, but hasn't he only played one full year in the league? His rookie year was amazing, but his second year he landed on IR if I'm not mistaken.

seahawk7

I understand Alonso is underrated, but hasn't he only played one full year in the league? His rookie year was amazing, but his second year he landed on IR if I'm not mistaken.
Right so is it fair to say the Bills got the better deal? Incidently CJ Spiller is sitting waiting to go the air with the NFL Network when he found out the news.

PUSH

Original Poster
Right so is it fair to say the Bills got the better deal? Incidently CJ Spiller is sitting waiting to go the air with the NFL Network when he found out the news.
Can't really say who got the better deal right now. Alonso could become the next great LB in the NFL. But I'm sure McCoy isn't too happy about going to Buffalo. And Kelly must have a plan, because he just gave away his offense. Sproles is good, but they must have some other idea in mind. Possibly CJ Spiller? Or Gordon in the draft?

seahawk7

Can't really say who got the better deal right now. Alonso could become the next great LB in the NFL. But I'm sure McCoy isn't too happy about going to Buffalo. And Kelly must have a plan, because he just gave away his offense. Sproles is good, but they must have some other idea in mind. Possibly CJ Spiller? Or Gordon in the draft?
That must be what Kelly is planning to dismantle that existing tandem. I hear they saved 6 million in cap space.
CJ Spiller is a free agent next week so we will see if there is interest. Melvin Gordon would be a good acquisition with a rookie contract so that's double positive.
I'm going to watch the Bills this season for sure. LeSean McCoy is great and I'm sure he will be motivated to get the most out of the last couple of years he has left.

PUSH

Original Poster
That must be what Kelly is planning to dismantle that existing tandem. I hear they saved 6 million in cap space.
CJ Spiller is a free agent next week so we will see if there is interest. Melvin Gordon would be a good acquisition with a rookie contract so that's double positive.
I'm going to watch the Bills this season for sure. LeSean McCoy is great and I'm sure he will be motivated to get the most out of the last couple of years he has left.
I'm just curious as to what their plan of action at QB is. Manuel is their only option right now pretty much, and I doubt they'll get starter quality in the draft unless they plan to trade up for Winston or Mariota.

seahawk7

I'm just curious as to what their plan of action at QB is. Manuel is their only option right now pretty much, and I doubt they'll get starter quality in the draft unless they plan to trade up for Winston or Mariota.
With Winston being more of a starter than Mariota. However being that Chip Kelly likes the Oregon offence that Mariota is used to, this might not be the case. He will be the face of the franchise. Will they Nick Foles then? The Eagles will have to trade picks away to get Mariota.

Now that I look at what I posted I realize I was talking only about the Eagles. Let me think about the Bills for a bit.

PUSH

Original Poster
With Winston being more of a starter than Mariota. However being that Chip Kelly likes the Oregon offence that Mariota is used to, this might not be the case. He will be the face of the franchise. Will they Nick Foles then? The Eagles will have to trade picks away to get Mariota.
I was actually referring to the Bills.

seahawk7

Ok so Mark Sanchez is the best prospect in QB free agents all around but particularly interesting for the Bills since he played with Rex Ryan back with the Jets so the familiarity might prove positive. In terms of draft picks, because of the Bills trading a draft pick last year for Sammy Watkins first round quarterbacks probably won't be an option so Bryce Petty might be someone they should look at.

PUSH

Original Poster
Ok so Mark Sanchez is the best prospect in QB free agents all around but particularly interesting for the Bills since he played with Rex Ryan back with the Jets so the familiarity might prove positive. In terms of draft picks, because of the Bills trading a draft pick last year for Sammy Watkins first round quarterbacks probably won't be an option so Bryce Petty might be someone they should look at.
I think they'll take a look at Hoyer, Sanchez and Locker. None of those are ideal options, but all have proved to be okay players. They could get Petty, but he won't be a starter in his rookie year. This year's QB class drops off mightily after Winston and Mariota.

seahawk7

I think they'll take a look at Hoyer, Sanchez and Locker. None of those are ideal options, but all have proved to be okay players. They could get Petty, but he won't be a starter in his rookie year. This year's QB class drops off mightily after Winston and Mariota.
Best bets in my opinion are Sanchez, Locker, then Hoyer in that order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom