Chef Mickeys or Tusker House?

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gooftroop5

We do a late breakfast ADR at Tusker each trip for several reasons. We like the food better at Tusker first of all. Second, we can do RD without having to use any FP+, get in a few attractions with little wait, and work up an appetite. Finally, depending on the time of our ADR we get breakfast and sometimes a little lunch. :) I feel like I'm utilizing our time better by eating in the parks. Plus with a late ADR you can get away with 2 meals for the day. Just my 2 cents.....

Such a tricky question, really....

We have done Disney 3 times in the ladt 9 years and every trip wr MUST do Tusker for breakfast or my children's lives would be failures - evidently. The food is the best of ANY rest. in WDW. Hands down. Even Ohana couldnt top it for us.

That being said, Chef Mickey's is great, too. Monorail ride over, atmosphete and good food.

Told you it was a tricky question!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Think it will probably be Tusker on a day we visit AK...
If we were to eat at chef mickeys and then go to MK for opening for example we would be setting off very early from the Dolphin!
Thanks for all your responses... Think we may do lunch at Tusker :)

For a 4th birthday, I would definitely recommend Chef Mickey's because of the experience and the more 4 year old friendly food. But, maybe with a different plan.... get up early (he'll be excited and likely that won't be tough), have a little snack/breakfast in your room/resort and get to MK a good 30 minutes before opening. Get in and do all the rides he likes right at opening. Book Chef MIckey's for one of the latest breakfast times - around 11am. Since it will be starting to empty out a bit, you will get more quality character time and all the food will still be available. Then go back into MK armed with your FP+ for more of the rides he loves in there.

We've done this quite a few times (not for a birthday) and that late breakfast ADR has always treated us great. Since 2 hours of touring is usually when little ones start needing down time, it works out perfectly. Plus, hitting MK early gets you on quite a few rides before the crowds and FP+ for the early afternoon gets you into the busier attractions without having to wait.

My $.02.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
For a 4th birthday, I would definitely recommend Chef Mickey's because of the experience and the more 4 year old friendly food. But, maybe with a different plan.... get up early (he'll be excited and likely that won't be tough), have a little snack/breakfast in your room/resort and get to MK a good 30 minutes before opening. Get in and do all the rides he likes right at opening. Book Chef MIckey's for one of the latest breakfast times - around 11am. Since it will be starting to empty out a bit, you will get more quality character time and all the food will still be available. Then go back into MK armed with your FP+ for more of the rides he loves in there.

We've done this quite a few times (not for a birthday) and that late breakfast ADR has always treated us great. Since 2 hours of touring is usually when little ones start needing down time, it works out perfectly. Plus, hitting MK early gets you on quite a few rides before the crowds and FP+ for the early afternoon gets you into the busier attractions without having to wait.

My $.02.

Was going with Tusker for lunch after a morning at AK but you've made the decision a bit tougher now with that plan!

Glad I've still got approx 40 days before I have to make my ADR!

Thanks... I think :)

Hawkeyegirl

We ate at Both during our last trip. Even though Chef Mickeys had not so great reviews, we went and Loved it, the food was average, as most of the buffets are, but the characters really spent a lot of time with us and the atmosphere was very upbeat. My 4 year old loved it! We liked Tusker House too, but it was a different vibe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom