Why did they really take down the Jurassic Park sign arch?

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Is this the dumbest mistake universal has ever made? Because look the new Jurassic park film comes out this summer, and it really confuses me as to why you would take down the sign now and all you could do is replace park with world....I see they are building a new King Kong/Skull Island area..guess this will be themed to the new king king movie coming out late 2016. It just seems like their ignoring the new Jurassic park franchise, and not wanting to build an attraction based on Jurassic world. Very awkward.

Disneyhead'71

Is this the dumbest mistake universal has ever made? Because look the new Jurassic park film comes out this summer, and it really confuses me as to why you would take down the sign now and all you could do is replace park with world....I see they are building a new King Kong/Skull Island area..guess this will be themed to the new king king movie coming out late 2016. It just seems like their ignoring the new Jurassic park franchise, and not wanting to build an attraction based on Jurassic world. Very awkward.
The JP entry arch is just being relocated because of the new Kong attraction entrance will be where the old arch was. And there is a strong chance the new arch will reflect the JW design.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
But I would like to see universal Orlando work on the Jurassic world expansion to IOA, if the film does really well this summer. The odds of not seeing a Jurassic park expansion you think are high or low? So not to get confused the Jurassic park river adventure won't be in skull island, the terrace resturaunt won't be in skull island, the pteranodon flyers won't be in skull island, the triceratops encounter will not be in the new King Kong area either, simply the new Jurassic park sign will go somewhere close to where these JP attractions still are correct? If I'm making sense.

JT3000

Personally JP as a movie was a movie and that's it. I don't know how they can make a decent movie off the first one and keep it going??? Sorry JP fans. Doesn't matter theme park wise, you can still have a great land based on one film from years ago. I guess they have made 3 JP movies but I haven't seen anything but the first.

The sequels weren't stellar, but I felt The Lost World was a decent popcorn flick at least, and they were both uber successful financially, which is ultimately why the series endures. Considering how long Jurassic World was in development hell, they would have just given up if it were practically any other franchise.

fosse76

The sequels weren't stellar, but I felt The Lost World was a decent popcorn flick at least, and they were both uber successful financially, which is ultimately why the series endures. Considering how long Jurassic World was in development hell, they would have just given up if it were practically any other franchise.
I hated The Lost World. The whole T-rex-running-free-in-San-Diego was ridiculous. I liked Jurassic Park 3 better, though it was a bit more of a camp film than I would have liked.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Well as long as we'll see a Jurassic park expansion, I'm all in for it. How about a Mossasaur lake show like we saw in the trailer or better yet have a e-ticket attraction and feature the Mossasaur in it! I guess the jeep Safari ride concept is not in the works anymore...guess IOA is looking towards a JP woodie since that's been the most popular option. I'd like to see JP's area in the future added with some new Dino's...I know the spinosaur head is somewhere in IOA-if someone has a pic of it I could better explain it..he has his head sticking out of a tree I beleive. A Mossasaur yes, the new Jurassic world hybrid t-Rex/raptor species.life sized animatronic figures of these Dino's would be great added to any JP themed attraction, question is where could it fit in a wooden coaster?

JordanNite

Jurassic park area is already huge - got two rides, an exploration area, a restaurant, theming, photo opportunites etc - so there is no need for an expansion.

Jus curious why they took the sign down so early ... nothing is actually being built on the area it was, would have made sense just to leave it till the last minute. Seems very premature.

mahnamahna101

Jurassic park area is already huge - got two rides, an exploration area, a restaurant, theming, photo opportunites etc - so there is no need for an expansion.

Jus curious why they took the sign down so early ... nothing is actually being built on the area it was, would have made sense just to leave it till the last minute. Seems very premature.

It has one ride and it's only a people-eater from March to September.

Pteranodon Flyers is a kiddie ride that doesn't allow teens/adults by themselves. It also has horrendous capacity.

Camp Jurassic is amazing, but I'd prefer if it remained relatively low-key.

Triceratops Encounter is gone.

The Discovery Center is a waste of space at this point.

Jurassic Park is large in size, but lacking in attractions that don't get you wet or require a small child to board.

Something like this as a Jurassic World revamp (large-scale investment) would be great:
  1. Gyrosphere ride around PoE to JW (replaces old Boats)
  2. Interactive dino AAs throughout area
  3. New walkaround/M&G experiences (bring back Hammond, Malcolm, etc)
  4. Observatory tower in Camp Jurassic (uses CircleVision to block out backstage and other areas of the park)
  5. Minor enhancements to Camp Jurassic
  6. Pteranodon Flyers overhauled/upgrade. New track and RVs increase capacity, ride length and allow adults access to the ride
  7. JPRA refurb/upgrade (massive)
  8. Amber Mine family coaster (involves aquatic dinos)
  9. Discovery Center turned into Epcot-esque Omnimover. The old exhibits are repurposed for an interactive ride queue.
  10. Burger Digs is closed for Discovery Center dark ride
  11. Thunder Falls Terrace gets upgraded and becomes the yearround restaurant for JP.
That would make JW a premiere destination within IOA again.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It has one ride and it's only a people-eater from March to September.

Pteranodon Flyers is a kiddie ride that doesn't allow teens/adults by themselves. It also has horrendous capacity.

Camp Jurassic is amazing, but I'd prefer if it remained relatively low-key.

Triceratops Encounter is gone.

The Discovery Center is a waste of space at this point.

Jurassic Park is large in size, but lacking in attractions that don't get you wet or require a small child to board.

Something like this as a Jurassic World revamp (large-scale investment) would be great:
  1. Gyrosphere ride around PoE to JW (replaces old Boats)
  2. Interactive dino AAs throughout area
  3. New walkaround/M&G experiences (bring back Hammond, Malcolm, etc)
  4. Observatory tower in Camp Jurassic (uses CircleVision to block out backstage and other areas of the park)
  5. Minor enhancements to Camp Jurassic
  6. Pteranodon Flyers overhauled/upgrade. New track and RVs increase capacity, ride length and allow adults access to the ride
  7. JPRA refurb/upgrade (massive)
  8. Amber Mine family coaster (involves aquatic dinos)
  9. Discovery Center turned into Epcot-esque Omnimover. The old exhibits are repurposed for an interactive ride queue.
  10. Burger Digs is closed for Discovery Center dark ride
  11. Thunder Falls Terrace gets upgraded and becomes the yearround restaurant for JP.
That would make JW a premiere destination within IOA again.
This is exactly what they would do with all that space in a perfect world.

JediMasterMatt

Stupid Universal and there taking down signs to build new E-ticket attractions! Why can't they just be like Disney and leave the current signs in place and put up new signs that say "this area is closed while it's being refurbished for your future enjoyment" and then not announce anything. <Looks at any number of attractions at WDW that have closed with no immediate replacement offered>

That's it, I'm booking a FP+ for the meet-and-greet with the Studio Backlot Tour sign.

JustInTime

You are insaine. It's easily the biggest disappointment in all the lands in IOA. It is themed so poorly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom