Emma Watson as Belle

Sped2424

Not only that, but it's a MUSICAL
tumblr_nisn46NqWp1rf73xqo2_500.png

epcotWSC

Can she sing well? I don't know if she's even known for singing in anything, is she? Seems odd that Disney would cast someone in a singing role who isn't known for being a singer.

Sped2424

I would hope see can sing. So is this the Broadway musical version?
I don't think so. Most early mentionings of this was that the film was titled "beast" and was from his perspective but I wonder if that's still the angle. It had been rumored it was a musical for some time though especially after hiring Bill Condon.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I don't think so. Most early mentionings of this was that the film was titled "beast" and was from his perspective but I wonder if that's still the angle. It had been rumored it was a musical for some time though especially after hiring Bill Condon.

I found this http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/...ew-belle-in-live-action-beauty-and-the-beast/

"The adaptation is set to be directed by Dreamgirls‘s Bill Condon. Condon told EW in October that the film will indeed be a musical featuring the 1991 animated film’s original Alan Menken and Howard Ashman songs, as well as new music from composer Menken. “Technology, we hope, has finally caught up to that treatment of the story, so I think we’re all kind of excited to bring that brilliant, amazing score and beautiful story into three dimensions,” Condon said."

ttalovebug

Okay, does anyone else think doing a remake of one of Disney's musicals on film is a totally weird idea? They've never done anything like it before. And Beauty and the Beast seems like the hardest one to do- singing candelabras and teapots in a live action movie? The enchanted objects are a very cartoonish aspect that, even on stage, requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. Not knocking it before I see it, it might be great- but I do think it's an extremely strange idea.

I adore the Broadway musical, btw- but if they're adapting that, I wish they would've picked a singer. As usual.

Sped2424

Okay, does anyone else think doing a remake of one of Disney's musicals on film is a totally weird idea? They've never done anything like it before. And Beauty and the Beast seems like the hardest one to do- singing candelabras and teapots in a live action movie? The enchanted objects are a very cartoonish aspect that, even on stage, requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. Not knocking it before I see it, it might be great- but I do think it's an extremely strange idea.

I adore the Broadway musical, btw- but if they're adapting that, I wish they would've picked a singer. As usual.
In the age of cgi it's not hard to do in the slightest and I am sure they can even make it convincing. If we can believe this man has been turned into a beast it's not a stretch to listen to a candelabra. And let's give Emma a chance to prove she can hold a tune. She might surprise you.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Disney has never done it before but Hairspray did it. Movie - Broadway musical - movie of Broadway musical.

I too am worried about the how the characters will work. We might get a taste when Jungle Book comes out. It's a live action musical too.

Sped2424

The worst quote is from Condon: "Technology has finally caught up with that treatment...." The original is a gold-plated classic, and the only animated movie ever to be nominated as Best Picture. He should be so lucky....
technology is part of what made the first film so memorable especially cgi...
Beauty-and-the-beast-disneyscreencaps.com-7353.jpg

Caps program my friend made the scenery here possible. CGI can be used horribly, but it can also be like any other tool used to enhance a feature.

kap91

Broadway musicals are revived all the time, sometimes with few changes. I for one am excited to see basically the movie version of the same thing. Too often movie remakes completely change everything when they don't need to.

Tony Perkis

Disney has never done it before but Hairspray did it. Movie - Broadway musical - movie of Broadway musical.

I too am worried about the how the characters will work. We might get a taste when Jungle Book comes out. It's a live action musical too.
The Producers

Hairspray

Little Shop of Horrors

Now, seemingly, Beauty and the Beast.

This version actually makes a considerable amount of sense if they use material from the Broadway production. The additional songs added for the show are a big reason why I put BatB above The Lion King, in terms of the Broadway productions.

I was hoping for better than Bill Condon, though. Dreamgirls was awful.

Magenta Panther

Well, if Emma can sing, maybe this will be okay. But I dunno....I have to wait to see how this new version handles The Enchanted Objects and the Beast. Jerry Orbach (Lumiere) is no longer with us, but Angela Lansbury and David Ogden Stiers are. Will they be reprising their roles?

And who the heck is gonna play Gaston?

Tony Perkis

Well, if Emma can sing, maybe this will be okay. But I dunno....I have to wait to see how this new version handles The Enchanted Objects and the Beast. Jerry Orbach (Lumiere) is no longer with us, but Angela Lansbury and David Ogden Stiers are. Will they be reprising their roles?

And who the heck is gonna play Gaston?

My vote?

Christopher Sieber.

He was fantastic in Monty Python's Spamalot, and I've heard good things about his rendition of Gaston in the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom