Magic Kingdom/WDW's 50th Anniversary

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
With 6 years until WDW's 50th will we have to wait till then to see any significant upgrades? Such as Disneyland updating Peter Pans Flight, and the Paint the Night parade coming...,ect.

SnarkyMonkey

I'm a little confused. Why would DL make updates in honor of WDW's anniversary?

I would like to see the other thread about this though. Haven't come across it yet either.

doctornick

You start a lot of posts that exist in other threads.

Has this topic been discussed -- except in passing -- in other threads? I haven't seen it.

Admittedly, 2021 is a long ways off. There's no reason for there to have to be plans funded or even developed for any changed to WDW/MK for the 50th at this point. However, as we all know, TDO seems to operate at a snail's pace, so it would be nice to know that there is at least blue sky ideas for something special for 2021. Some resort-wide enhancements or least major additions to MK would be nice to see.

It is one of the reasons why I ope Iger's replacement is more "into" P&R. The 50th anniversary provides a perfect opportunity for a new head of Disney to put a significant mark of the flagship P&R operation and hopefully drag it out of the rut that it is in.

cheezbat

By the 50th, they will most likely still be touting Avatar(Pandora) and Star Wars land and the DHS redo as the big stuff for the 50th. Honestly I'm hoping for a new MK E-ticket, but I'm not holding my breath.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Why did Walt Disney World get new attractions for Disnyland's 50th anniversary?

I think they spent a crapton of money on that ad that showed Soarin' being plunked down in EPCOT, LMA being plunked down in DHS, and whatever it was that MK got. Thus, they felt their hands were tied. Of course, Zander A. Samuelson was summarily dismissed for not understanding scientific notation and signing off on the contract wherein Disney paid 40 million dollars for an advertising idea, not 40,107 dollars with a random x throw in the mix for no reason as he thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom