Marketplace Causeway construction

flyerjab

Photo update as of Friday, Nov 7, 2014. A "test installation" of the causeway railings was noted today. Appears to be an all wood design. Note the extra trim on the left post in the second picture.

View attachment 72835

View attachment 72836

Your photos of this project are great and much appreciated. The work they are doing to transform DTD into DS is really impressive IMHO.

You wouldn't also happen to be an annual passholder? The only reason I ask is that I have been hoping for someone to catch some more photos of the Mombosa Marketplace in DAK. You can see some substantial construction above the walls and there hasn't been any phots lately.

However, your photo dairy of the DS development is enjoyable and anticipated every week.

Thanks.

WDWtraveler

The only reason I ask is that I have been hoping for someone to catch some more photos of the Mombosa Marketplace in DAK. You can see some substantial construction above the walls and there hasn't been any phots lately.

Thanks for the compliment. Some weeks ago, I posted some photos of the Mombosa Marketplace construction taken from the returning Wildlife Express Train. There is a lot of construction going on, but it is all behind a wall or cloth-covered chain link fence. Occasionally, the gate in the fence will be open just as the train passes. Here is the link to that thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/animal-kingdom-tidbits.889022/page-2#post-6369444
I will try to visit Animal Kingdom next week.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Nov 16. More of the railings are installed.

IMG_3854.JPG

The causeway landing near Rainforest Cafe. Although not fully visible here, the scaffolding on the Rainforest Café volcano is being taken down.

IMG_3855.JPG

IMG_3856.JPG

roj2323

Photo update as of Tuesday, Nov 18. Brick accents to the causeway surface are being installed, as in existing areas of Disney Springs. Standing water is from recent rains.

View attachment 74226

An overview of the Marketplace Causeway.

View attachment 74227
They keep saying spring of 2015 but it's looking more and more like it will be done well before christmas. They might not have the buildings built for either side but the bridge will open to guests.

matt9112

out of curiosity the little missmatched building is going right? i mean it just looks so blah now in back of all the new stuff.

CDavid

That center swing bridge section is just for show, right? It doesn't actually open?

Nice touch, though.

matt9112

Any idea if the supports for center section (large round ones) will be decorated at all with face work? looks a bit out of place compared to rest of work.

roj2323

Any idea if the supports for center section (large round ones) will be decorated at all with face work? looks a bit out of place compared to rest of work.
it's supposed to resemble a bridge on a central pivot. it's supposed to look like it can turn to let boats pass. It doesn't turn but it's supposed to look that way.

roj2323

I walked around tonight and there only seems to be 7 panels missing on the railings. The causeway was also fairly empty of equipment. The center section "the bridge" railings were seemingly complete and and looked really cool. I am growing more confident in saying its going to be open soon and probably right around christmas.

WDWtraveler

Marketplace causeway photo update as of Sunday, December 14. This is the Rainforest Café end of the causeway. The entry ramp concrete has been completed. However....see next picture....

IMG_4194.JPG

There is still some concrete to be poured. None of the wooden railing posts have caps on yet. Center span safety railing is not completed either.

IMG_4195.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom