Epcot- too many good dining choices....

basmal8

Original Poster
We have 6 days in the parks: 2 MK, 2 HS (w/Stars Wars w/e), 1 AK and 1 Epcot. But, there are enough great restaurants in Epcot that we could eat there everyday practically.

I suppose this is why so many of you visit annually...

Back to my questions:
We have an ADR for Akershus for the princess breakfast- at 10:30, to essentially cover breakfast and lunch. We need to eat dinner, but originally heeded the advice of only one TS meal per day. With SO many great options in Epcot, I don't know what to do. Teppan Edo looks fabulous! As do may others, but I think our family would enjoy that one (next on list would be Biergarten or Coral Reef). What are your opinions re: these two TS meals in our single day at Epcot?

Ideas?

THANKS!!

belledream

This is the truth! We struggled with this all the time, thinking we should always do 1 QS and 1 TS on each park day. But you don't have to! We had 10 days this year, spending 3 at EPCOT. We ate at Biergarten on our first EPCOT day, then had back to back days at EPCOT, eating at Coral Reef, Garden Grill, then San Angel Inn and Rose & Crown. We were pretty stuffed...but it was fun and much more worth sitting down for a TS meal at Animal Kingdom.

Been to Teppan Edo as well, and the food and show are fun, but the experience can usually be found locally for us. Maybe you could do Coral Reef for lunch, since you'll be starting the day in Future World, then Teppan Edo or Biergarten for dinner?

zurgandfriend

On our Disneymoon many years ago DW and I ate in Epcot every night, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Canada and Morocco. The sad thing was all I did every morning was pick up the phone and make a reservation for that evening.

Kevin_W

Only you know your stomach, but finishing brunch at 11 AM... I'm going to be hungry again before RoE ends at 9:15! As for table service vs. CS it just comes down to your budget of money and time. TS takes more of both. For us, we like eating table service becuse it gives us an enforced break from the running around of the park and the restaurants themselves are a great part of the theme.

basmal8

Original Poster
We are using the DDP, so I want to use our TS credits wisely... and since we can share our QS food credits in the parks, I think we can "afford" to use two TS in that single day (once). I am concerned that the time needed for two TS in a single day will be a lot of time away from attractions too. I haven't scheduled rides/attractions just yet - still just focusing on ADRs, but trying to be realistic with our time. I just find it hard to choose with so many great choices in Epcot.

All of the input is very helpful... thank you.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We always do two meals in Epcot.
Either breakfast at Akershus or Lunch at Coral Reef, followed by dinner somewhere.
Sometimes we will eat at Via Napoli and just pay out of pocket because its pretty cheap. We spend about $50 for 3 adults to eat there.
Honestly, you don't need two days at HS... there isn't much... I'd spend two days at Epcot.
We also eat QS in AK & DTD so no table service meals needed there. (wolfgang puck express is fabulous, almost like eating at a TS restaurant)

sophie_the_pooh

We always do 2 TS restaurants on our Epcot day, unless we have park hopper, since we can then go back to Epcot just for dinner any other day. You won't feel too stuffed with all the walking, plus you can skip snacks or have a late dinner. Enjoy!

JohnD

I think going as a family to Biergarten would be fun. It's a buffet with entertainment and sharing a table with others. I'd skip lunch though except for maybe grabbing a snack from somewhere to hold you over.

JIMINYCR

Thats exactly what Disney's hoping for. You have so many excellent choices that you want to eat everywhere. So you make plans to revisit and revisit and revisit.....

Jessica Meier

Biergarten is a lot of fun. I'm a picky eater but enjoy the Riesling and pretzel bread. The entertainment is great!

Why not eat at Sunshine Seasons? I've heard AMAZING things. Plan on trying it myself in October.

Matt_Black

Biergarten is a lot of fun. I'm a picky eater but enjoy the Riesling and pretzel bread. The entertainment is great!

Why not eat at Sunshine Seasons? I've heard AMAZING things. Plan on trying it myself in October.

Sunshine Seasons is SO good. Quite possibly my favorite quick service meal I've ever had (pork chops, mashed potatoes, and this kind of spicy sauce for the chops) was there.

Mia22

Tutto italia was excellent and quiet sit down lunch for us and by the time dinner came around at 7.30 we had walked it off. I recommend the chicken with white asparagus and tiramisu, but the steak was good too.

DisneyDebNJ

We have 6 days in the parks: 2 MK, 2 HS (w/Stars Wars w/e), 1 AK and 1 Epcot. But, there are enough great restaurants in Epcot that we could eat there everyday practically.

I suppose this is why so many of you visit annually...

Back to my questions:
We have an ADR for Akershus for the princess breakfast- at 10:30, to essentially cover breakfast and lunch. We need to eat dinner, but originally heeded the advice of only one TS meal per day. With SO many great options in Epcot, I don't know what to do. Teppan Edo looks fabulous! As do may others, but I think our family would enjoy that one (next on list would be Biergarten or Coral Reef). What are your opinions re: these two TS meals in our single day at Epcot?

Ideas?

THANKS!!
We weren't thrilled with Biergarten our last two visits. Of course, this was just our experiences. (2012/2013) We all enjoy Teppan Edo (my son's fav) but Hibatchi Grill Restaurants are fairly common. We actually tried Chefs de France this year and were pleasantly surprised. Rose and Crown is a great choice as well.

Jessica Meier

My hubby actually said he was okay if we didn't do Biergarten on our next trip. Said it wasn't as good as he had remembered. So we shall see. I want to try Via Napoli or one of the Mexican restaurants.

Tinkerbella16

Epcot is the park i visit the most on each trip. We always end up having more than once meal there during our time in WDW. Our trip last week, we had 3 TS meals in epcot (not on the same day). We went to Garden Grill, Akershus for breakfast and Via Napoli for dinner. They were all fantastic! Garden Grill was our favorite meal of the whole week! I loved Via Napoli also! Epcot has so many great choices! Teppan Edo is also a favorite of ours but we skipped it this year for Garden Grill and boy am I glad we did!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom