The Spirited Back Nine ...

Rodan75

I agree, that is an odd trailer. Like the C team worked on the trailer, maybe it is the same team that worked up the promo for John Carter and the Lone Ranger. This movie will likely be good enough to have a cult following that in 10 years will create a profitable market for home video, collectibles and even special event theme park experiences.

Cesar R M

Disney doesn't push the names so much, but T.J. Miller, Scott Adsit, (Big Hero 6) Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad (Frozen), John C. Riley, Sarah Silverman, Jane Lynch, Jack McBrayer (Wreck-It Ralph), Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi (Tangled) are all known names.
But they are not top tier movie stars (like Chris Pine or Hugh Jackman).
some of the ones you mnetioned are either US TV stars or not globally recognized Singers.

Cesar R M

Cause many people on here like to ***** and moan about everything Disney does..... iv'e gotten used to it since iv'e started reading this forum regularly. Personally, I see no harm in it, it's not an upcharge event or anything.
I have no problem on disney adding upcharge events with special things.
The problem is: Disney is now charging for things that were INCLUDED IN THE PRICE into an additional cost.. and claim they're doing something "special".

Cesar R M

Don't worry, I get out plenty and some of those names I have no clue either. I remember years ago, Howard Stern would send Stuttering John out onto the red carpet and the worst question that he would ask, that would make you absolutely cringe, is when some "famous person" would come over to be interviewed and he would ask, "So, who are you?" Just brilliant! This list reminds me of that.

Let's compare this list of 4 movies with just one. We don't have to go any further than Shark Tale: Will Smith, DeNiro, Scorsese, Jolie. And some scrubs Jack Black and Renee Zellweger.
or Kung fu Panda.
It had an top tier stars all the way (when they were really in their peak)
I mean.. Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angeline Jolie, Jackie Shan, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross, Michael clark Duncan,etc..etc..
The second as well! (Gary Oldman, Michelle Yeoh and many more added)

Cesar R M

From my experience here on these boards I have to say that the "no basis in reality" is a universal thing regardless of which side one is on. One side sees themselves as right and therefore justifiably indignant and the other side is not harboring anger, but, have found a way to enjoy things even if they have flaws.

So, who is right? Both sides, but, to be constantly labeled (i.e. Pixie Dusters) in a manor that is intended to be a put down is one against the other side. That is not right! Live your life, argue your points and if they are logical and your arguments are strong others will agree, if in the eyes of some they aren't then don't be surprised if others comment on it. Name calling is usually the first resort of someone that really doesn't have a strong rebuttal and is pretty much the same as saying... "Says you!"
The keyword is "Balance".
If you complain 99% of the time.. then you could easily be labelled as a hater just for the sake of hate.

In the other hand, if you have to find excuses to every thing disney does wrong for the visitors and inflate mediocre things to ridiculous levels.. then you can be easily labelled as pixie duster.

I dint take all the comments as complaining. More as observations of the society we live in where something as mundane as a parking garage opening is celebrated. If it had a more satirical tone to it, that would make sense, but it seemed quite serious and they seemed quite proud. Its just silly, like when a kids soccer league doesnt keep score so there are no losers and everybody gets a trophy no matter what.
As a Foreigner, This is something never understood of the american culture.
Why would they give trophies and recognition to everyone?
I still scratch my head when there was some state official, pushing for change on the red pen color to purple.
Because writing in red a big fat "F" in exams and evaluations, somehow "distressed" the students.
Of course they should be distressed! they failed!!!
Instead of focusing on what's important (improve education, correct the problems of the failing students). they just toss the "lol, lets blame the pen color!" :hilarious:

Cesar R M

disneyparks09promo.jpg
Dang, let me get my party hat.. I'm celebrating that I'm STILL ALIVE.

michmousefan

As part of the whole World's Fair nostalgia theme at Destination D, they actually brought out Mold-A-Rama machines with Disney figures.

tumblr_nfea1wzzCY1qa2r95o1_1280.jpg

You have no idea how bad I want this thing to make a come-back in the parks. I'd totally take Mold-A-Rama machines over penny squishers. There's just something so wonderful about that warm waxy smell when they come out.
We are fortunate here in Michigan to have like 12 Mold-A-Rama machines in perfect working order at Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Quite often a line for them, even at $2 a pop!

Kman101

WFTV has been doing a piece on the families suing Disney over the guest assistance card changes I believe. I didn't pay super close attention either. They love that stuff. And they had a very brief blurb on the new parking garage that opened and showed the same concept art of Disney Springs.

EDIT: Looks like someone just started a thread on it (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...y-kids-with-autism-many-more-expected.893444/), if it lasts or stays there. I thought we had one on that already.

Figments Friend

As part of the whole World's Fair nostalgia theme at Destination D, they actually brought out Mold-A-Rama machines with Disney figures.

tumblr_nfea1wzzCY1qa2r95o1_1280.jpg

You have no idea how bad I want this thing to make a come-back in the parks. I'd totally take Mold-A-Rama machines over penny squishers. There's just something so wonderful about that warm waxy smell when they come out.

Whoa...major nostalgia flashback !

I remember making these back in the day at various non-Disney theme parks ( Busch, Sea World, etc.).

Really cool to see this machine. The DD folks must be geeking out already.
I would be if i was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom