Trip Club December 2014

Jae99

I'm exhausted now. Got thrown off by the small one (who won't be going on the trip) joining me tonight and dropped my husband at one point and selected a wrong day, but it's finally all set. We couldn't get Seven Dwarfs or Anna & Elsa for our first day which didn't really surprise me, but still a bit disappointing (we did get both for later in the trip).

Day 1 we got Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Enchanted Tales with Belle. (Didn't get what I really wanted this day, but dinner at CRT will more than make up for that)
Day 2 Kilimanjaro Safaris, Dinosaur, and Festival of the Lion King
Day 3 Soarin, Turtle talk, and character spot
Day 4 Toy story, tower of terror, voyage of the little mermaid
Day 5 Seven Dwarfs, Anna & Elsa, and Cinderella & Rapunzel (the four year old princess must see her favorites!) Very excited about this day. We are doing the Christmas party that night as well
Day 6 Seven Dwarfs, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan
Day 7 will be selected my the princess at a later time.
Looks like a great list of choices. I am at 15 days and counting until my FP selections can be made. I am getting a little nervous with how it will go since it will be my first time ever to use the MDE to make any FP selections.

DVCPluto

I'm exhausted now. Got thrown off by the small one (who won't be going on the trip) joining me tonight and dropped my husband at one point and selected a wrong day, but it's finally all set. We couldn't get Seven Dwarfs or Anna & Elsa for our first day which didn't really surprise me, but still a bit disappointing (we did get both for later in the trip).

Day 1 we got Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Enchanted Tales with Belle. (Didn't get what I really wanted this day, but dinner at CRT will more than make up for that)
Day 2 Kilimanjaro Safaris, Dinosaur, and Festival of the Lion King
Day 3 Soarin, Turtle talk, and character spot
Day 4 Toy story, tower of terror, voyage of the little mermaid
Day 5 Seven Dwarfs, Anna & Elsa, and Cinderella & Rapunzel (the four year old princess must see her favorites!) Very excited about this day. We are doing the Christmas party that night as well
Day 6 Seven Dwarfs, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan
Day 7 will be selected my the princess at a later time.

Sorry that you had a few bumps in the FP+ process, but your plan looks amazing!! Double 7DMT awesome! It's looking more and more like the midnight shift is worth it for the main headliners. :)

Hope you were able to get some rest!

DVCPluto

Looks like a great list of choices. I am at 15 days and counting until my FP selections can be made. I am getting a little nervous with how it will go since it will be my first time ever to use the MDE to make any FP selections.

It's hard to know what to expect, since you can't see anything until your window opens. It was actually very easy to navigate through MDE - so you should be just fine!!

Catyat

It's hard to know what to expect, since you can't see anything until your window opens. It was actually very easy to navigate through MDE - so you should be just fine!!

When you log-into MDE to select your FP+ selections, can you start with any day in your trip, or do you have to start with the first day and go in order? We're not going to MK until the second day of our trip (Dec 18), and I'm wondering if I should try to start with the second day first for a better chance of getting 7DMT. Just an idea I'm playing around with, but not sure if that is possible to do (or if it would even make a difference!). This is so nerve-wracking!! :p

Jae99

I haven't had too many issues so far with the MDE site or app yet. I did have one issue at my 180 day mark when all ten of my days didn't open for me to make dinner reservations, but one phone call cleared everything up. Hopefully the 60 day mark won't have any hiccups.

DVCPluto

When you log-into MDE to select your FP+ selections, can you start with any day in your trip, or do you have to start with the first day and go in order? We're not going to MK until the second day of our trip (Dec 18), and I'm wondering if I should try to start with the second day first for a better chance of getting 7DMT. Just an idea I'm playing around with, but not sure if that is possible to do (or if it would even make a difference!). This is so nerve-wracking!! :p

You can select FPs for any day of your trip in any order. It's actually better to start with the later days in your trip because the window is open for less people.

For example, we arrive on Sat 12/6, but I started with Wed and then prioritized from there. I wrote all my choices with dates on a paper that I could check off as I went. That way I wouldn't miss a day or go into the same day twice.

I also prioritized by park, starting with MK, then HS, EP, and AK. I don't think there is much concern about getting FPs for HS, EP, or AK - so just go with your personal preference. TSM and Soarin' would be the only ones I'd want to make sure I got.

Hope this helps!! :)

Catyat

Thank you so much @DVCPluto! This helps a lot. It's great to have someone who has been through the process for advice. That's a great suggestion to start with some of your later dates on the trip- I will definitely try it! :)

Catyat

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I was able to get everything I wanted... except 7DMT of course!!! :(
I'm a little bummed, but hope to have luck getting a FP in the parks, or trying to ride first thing after rope drop. I'm going to ride it regardless..just was hoping to avoid the 80 minute wait, haha. We'll see!!

DVCPluto

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I was able to get everything I wanted... except 7DMT of course!!! :(
I'm a little bummed, but hope to have luck getting a FP in the parks, or trying to ride first thing after rope drop. I'm going to ride it regardless..just was hoping to avoid the 80 minute wait, haha. We'll see!!

DVCPluto

Sorry about the quote and no post!

What I was going to say... Sorry about no 7DMT! But, glad you were able to get everything else you wanted. Keep trying! I bet you can get it! What do your times look like for your MK day?

Catyat

Thanks @DVCPluto! I'll keep trying :)

Right now, we have FP+ for Space Mountain in the morning, and Big Thunder and Splash in the afternoon. We'll be at the MK until around 4:45 p.m., then have dinner reservations at Jiko in the AKL. From there, we'll go to Downtown Disney from Cirque Du Soleil! That will be our first full day. Should be pretty fun!!

Jae99

Thanks @DVCPluto! I'll keep trying :)

Right now, we have FP+ for Space Mountain in the morning, and Big Thunder and Splash in the afternoon. We'll be at the MK until around 4:45 p.m., then have dinner reservations at Jiko in the AKL. From there, we'll go to Downtown Disney from Cirque Du Soleil! That will be our first full day. Should be pretty fun!!
Sounds like an incredible first day at WDW!

DVCPluto

Sounds like an incredible first day at WDW!

I agree! We've never done Cirque Du Soleil - you'll have to report back on how you like it.

I was thinking if you spread out your current FPs so that you have a big gap somewhere, you might be able to find 7DMT. But, your day looks packed, so I would keep the times where they work in your plan.

So much fun!!

Catyat

Thanks guys! I'm so excited!

Yeah, it's hard when we know we have to leave the park around 4:30. Maybe I would have had better luck with 7DMT, but it said it was completely unavailable all day. Ugh!

We're also planning to go back to MK on the evening of the 20th, so maybe I have a chance to get FP+ later in the day (the day of!). Here's hoping!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom