The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I tested allergic to over 30 things. Mold, slight cat and dog, tree pollen, ragweed, mice, you name it. I had so many allergies that I had one shot in each arm each time and got the shots for five years. Most of my allergies significantly improved. No more cat or dog allergy at all, mold allergies significantly reduced, some tree pollens significantly reduced. Ragweed and certain tree pollens were the ones the shots barely touched. I also still have some mold allergies. They just aren't as bad.

As I've gotten older, some stuff has gotten better. There's an asthma drug called Xolair that I used to be on and don't qualify for anymore. My doctor and I have discovered that the combination of two controller medications, Dulera and Alvesco, makes my asthma significantly better, even around perfume (except for, as I discovered the other day, Axe body spray. I am just as allergic to that as I was when I was 12). But other things have gotten worse. I now get migraines. And my allergies which were not in the shots (food and drug allergies) have gotten worse. I never used to go into anaphylaxis, but I went into anaphylaxis four times from the time I began carrying my epi pen sophomore year of high school to the time I started college (thankfully, I haven't had to stick myself with it since starting college, but more from learning triggers than improvement overall). I just keep telling myself that there are those who have it way worse than me.

My DS was telling me about this little girl that has an autoimmune disorder. Her parents put a new set of silicone gloves on her after she visits each attraction. For us allergy people, some have it worse, some have it better.
This past week just about every fruit my DD has ate she has had a reaction to. We have no explanation for it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A friend at work asked me if I have any close friends just because I stated that I don't like to be on social media with people I work with. People say the funniest things. I mean I know of so many fights that carry on into my workplace because of what people at work say to each other on facebook. I love harmless drama and I define that as being on TV far away from me.

What a twit. Actually that is part of the reason why I do not play on Facebook. My life is complicated enough.

My kids Aunts and Uncles have sent them Facebook friend requests. I finally had to tell them they limit it to their friends their age.

StarWarsGirl

My DS was telling me about this little girl that has an autoimmune disorder. Her parents put a new set of silicone gloves on her after she visits each attraction.
Ugh, can't imagine.
This past week just about every fruit my DD has ate she has had a reaction to. We have no explanation for it.
Hhhmmm...does she have any allergies this time of year? Are you getting the fruit all from the same place?

The reason I ask is because it sounds like she's not reacting to the fruit itself, but something on the fruit. My bff's sister can't eat raw apples because she's allergic to a pollen on the apple. I forget what it's called, but it's not an actual allergy to the fruit.

So what you can try is:
1. Buying the fruit elsewhere, such as at another grocery store, in case there's something that they're putting on the fruit where she's buying it.
2. Washing the fruit before eating it
3. Eating only cooked fruit, such as apple sauce for a few weeks instead of fresh fruit and then trying again in a few weeks.

seahawk7

My DS was telling me about this little girl that has an autoimmune disorder. Her parents put a new set of silicone gloves on her after she visits each attraction. For us allergy people, some have it worse, some have it better.
I'm sorry.

seahawk7

Ichabod_Crane.jpg
hh01.jpg
Yes, can't wait. Sweet dreams.
Empty-Backdrop-from-Ichabod-Crane-Sleepy-Hollow-disney-crossover-29242381-860-648.jpg

FutureCEO

Best job prospects are in Austin Texas.

Flights to Austin are just awful from my house. Pretty much those kind of flights were you have to stay overnight or stop at 2 or 3 different airports. I thought about jobs in Kansas City but I'm not paying 900 dollars for a flight.

edit: For an interview, not to go for a vacation

Last edited:

FutureCEO

Yes! I was not happy thy Americanized it. I think the original called Broadchurch was very good. I'm glad you mentioned this since I thought I was alone in holding this opinion. My world is very small. :D

David Tennant was amazing as ever. i don't know the women cop's name but she was great. Being Human is another show they Americanized. But I didn't like the British one so, no harm there for me. I watched the first two seasons of Skins before they changed cast. The best series ever in the history of tele is Torchwood: Children of Earth.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I heard an interview with Barbara Winters on the radio while I was driving home on Friday. She talked about stopping to take pictures before and how she ran back after hearing the gunfire and tried to help the others save Nathan Cirillo’s life. You couldn't help but get emotional listening to it.

MOXOMUMD

I'm confused. Why did kids treat or treat yesterday? Halloween isn't until this Friday.
Because they have trick or treat during the day on the Satuday before Halloween if it doesn't fall on the weekend. (Let's say some terrible things :devilish: by stupid young adults caused T&T to never be held in the evening again. And that happened when I was younger.) Plus because we have a lot of people who live a country area (like us), the businesses downtown have a trick or treat to bring people into town. (I go to my mom's to pass out candy while my ex takes my daughter out. Kids would have to walk way up a hill to get to my place and there's only two houses on on my street.) AND this year Halloween being on a Friday, three words--high school football. Small town, a majority of the residents are involved in or attend the game.

Schools still have their Harvest parties on Friday though.

Last edited:

Zweiland

Flights to Austin are just awful from my house. Pretty much those kind of flights were you have to stay overnight or stop at 2 or 3 different airports. I thought about jobs in Kansas City but I'm not paying 900 dollars for a flight.
They're not that bad.

You live in RI, right?

To Austin, you only have to stop one time. You're not willing to spend an extra 56 minutes to get a job?

7084840_orig.png

To Kansas City, you have to stop one time, and the price is WAY less than $900.

9678836_orig.png

OSUgirl77

Because they have trick or treat during the day on the Satuday before Halloween if it doesn't fall on the weekend. (Let's say some terrible things :devilish: by stupid young adults caused T&T to never be held in the evening again. And that happened when I was younger.) Plus because we have a lot of people who live a country area (like us), the businesses downtown have a trick or treat to bring people into town. (I go to my mom's to pass out candy while my ex takes my daughter out. Kids would have to walk way up a hill to get to my place and there's only two houses on on my street.) AND this year Halloween being on a Friday, three words--high school football. Small town, a majority of the residents are involved in or attend the game.

Schools still have their Harvest parties on Friday though.
Most places in Ohio don't have trick or treat on Halloween anymore, or have it during the day. It was like that in my hometown after I was too old to go, and also in the Columbus area. I get why, but places with a lot more crime still have it on Halloween night. Weird.

Cesar R M

I wonder if there are treatments to slowly retrain the inmune systems of people, by exposing them slowly and little by little to the stuff that causes reactions.

I remember the story of a girl that was allergic TO ALMOST EVERYTHING. She ended being forced to eat cardboard and some vitamin cocktails.
Noone had the solutions but a group of doctors slowly retrained her immune system by exposing her on increasing doses.
Now the girl can eat almost anything including chocolate and nuts. If it wasnt for the doctors.. she would be pretty much dead (either by alergic, or by lack of nutrients)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom