Trip Report The Trip of Technical Difficulties and a First trip for my daughter.. COMPLETED!!!

We are finally home after an AMAZING trip! I decided it's time to start my trip report!
WHEN: September 13-27th

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort

Who: My Mom and Dad , My Husband, My daughter , and Myself
269.JPG

September 13th- Travel and arrival day. We woke up bright and early ( 6 AM) to head to the airport. While we were waiting we got some delicious airport breakfast! Yum-Yum, We sat waiting for our 9:55 am flight Magic bands in hand and ready to see Mickey!
001.JPG
We arrived to Orlando around 1pm and We were stoked! Not only were we in the Greatest place on earth but my worry about my 16 month old very active daughter not sitting still on the flight was Wrong! We brought her DVD player, tablet, and coloring books and she did great. I am glad we opted for her own seat it worked well having the extra room. We got on the Magical Express and We had to stop at 2 other resorts then it was our turn! As we Drove up to the most beautiful resort
005.JPG

Our room was ready and thanks to my parents all of our stuff was already there.
006.JPG
Our room was 4563 , It was a new room and it was so much nicer than before the renovation, the queen beds were so comfy and it was perfect. We did some exploring got our cups and decided to go to the outlet Malls

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Day 12 part 3-
We headed to the Seas to look through the aquariums, since Mady loves Sea life!
244.JPG
245.JPG

After about 40 minutes of looking at every thing we headed to Soarin! I always want to sit in row 1 and always get row 3! I will be requesting row 1 next time! After soaring with Patrick we headed to test track. This is the first time I was on since the re do and It was awesome. I didn't like the movie tron and alot of people compared this to it, but I loved the Ride it was so much fun! I always say I wont get scared at the part the truck " almost hits you" they re did this ride and still got scared!! Our vehicle was pretty cool hot pink pick up truck we got 2nd place though Bummer!!! After going on with my Dh my Dad and Husband went on, my mom and I waited and chatted with a girl with a younger daughter about 1 and she was going to Universal the next day and only staying for 3 days total! That is definitely not long enough for me!!

After they were finished we headed to the countries!!!

First was Mexico!!! Every time I go on this ride I always see some thing I haven't noticed before. This time was Pinata Donald.
246.JPG
247.JPG

Then we headed to Norway, I don't remember ever getting wet on this ride but I got wet the 3 times I rode it. It was after the drop a wave came in and got me wet! Maelstrom was going out with a bang!
248.JPG
249.JPG
250.JPG
251.JPG
252.JPG

It was park closing so we headed back up got our free pictures, Thank you Chase and hoped in the car. It was an early night so we went back to the resort and walked around a little and then went to watch some more Stacy! Upnext: Our last Magic Kingdom day and my second thoughts about Epcot on Friday and BOG Dinner!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Day 13-
I woke up with a sad feeling only 2 more park days to go, How is it I have already been in the greatest place on Earth for a whole 13 days already? With that said we headed to Magic Kingdom bright and early. Another great bus day , never stood didn't wait more than 5 minutes for a bus. I really wanted to be there for rope drop but I couldn't wake up early enough. We got there at 9:30 and headed to Gaston's! We heard the breakfast was good!
yum.jpg
( sorry phone pic) I was greeting by this beauty and a Lafou's Brew, both were amazing! I knew I would like this, and I sure did! Still number 2 after Butter beer! The Cinnabon was delicious and I love how big it was!! It melted in my mouth!! After indulging In some delicious food we headed to Winnie the Pooh, the line was pretty much non existent !
253.JPG
254.JPG
255.JPG
256.JPG

I really enjoyed the play area for the kids! I made sure I always kept up with the line since that seems to be a pet peeve of some people.My daughter loved bouncing with Tigger! She almost bounced right outta the ride!! On that note we went on the tea cups!
258.JPG

Another ride my daughter loved. It was lunch time so we headed to Pecos Bills, I had a burger and my Dh had a taco Salad! We ate slow since my daughter fell asleep and then once she was awake we headed to Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and the Tiki Room! This is when my Mom said she was almost at the park and they were going to grab lunch. There fore we headed to the TTA! Once lunch was over it was time! The Fast pass I have been thinking about for ever! Anna and Elsa, don't hate but I love them! I love Olaf, I love the Story and I think Elsa is the most beautiful Disney character! They were doing a test this day no stand by line but offered paper fast passes in the morning. So the line ended up being a little long. My dh was chatting with some one behind us my parents were chatting with each other and all I could think about was . How do I look? What should I ask Anna? I wonder if Elsa will like my daughters shirt? ( It was Elsa) It was finally time to meet the queen her self! I love How I am starring at her, Level 5 Creep Status over here!
259.JPG
260.JPG
This was pretty much our convo, not like I remember it word for word or any thing...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Me: Elsa we have seen your movie 100 times!
Elsa: You have??? Your little princess must love it...
Me: No that is me, I mean she loves you too but I love you more! ( CREEP)
Elsa: Thats wonderful would you like to come to a ball in Arendele?
me: Of course but only if Olaf is there
Elsa: Well he loves Chicken Nuggets so if you bring them he will be there!
Looks Like I am going to a ball!! :happy: PS: Elsa loved Mady's shirt!
Next up was Anna
261.JPG
262.JPG
Anna said she loved my daughters shirt and asked If she got it from Wandering Oakins trading post! I love how to the detail these people are! I asked her If her and Christoff got Married, she said No, but They really like each other!
After my dreams:rolleyes:, I mean my daughters dreams came true We were off to Dumbo!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Day 13 continued.....
It was Dumbo time, we stopped in the play area before going on the ride!
263.JPG
264.JPG

265.JPG

It was very windy as you can see , my daughter was loving it and my Paparazzi husband look 89 pictures on this ride and all were bad! I need to teach that boy the camera settings! We had about an hour until our ADR at Be our Guest so we let Mady play in the Water Area.
266.JPG
267.JPG
268.JPG

She loved the area and I was glad she got to do it since the Toddler Area at our resort was closed the whole time we were there. We changed her clothes dried her off and headed to BOG.

1 word, Amazing. I love the ambiance, the food, the bread.... oh the bread. I wish we could have sat in a different room, we were in the room with all the pictures that " Bell picked out her self" It seemed like all the families were in the room. My parents never sat in there before, any one else sit in there with kids or with out? Just curious!

My mom walked around with my daughter and she seen the Beast through the curtain I was wondering how she would be with him.
269.JPG
If you can see her face you know the answer, she loved him! It was funny my dh was almost as tall as the Beast!
270.JPG
It was around 8 pm and MK closed at 10. We headed to Peter Pan. After we got off the ride my daughter was snoozing so we headed to Big thunder, My husband and dad went on first. It seemed like we were waiting forever for them. It was 9:30 when My mom and Dad took Mady and my DH and I went on Big Thunder and Splash. I was nervous we wouldn't make splash but we got in line at 9:59 and were the last boat. The line was a walk on! I wore a poncho but actually didn't get wet at all. I was waiting to see broken animatronics after reading reports. I looked high and low every thing was working and I haven't been on Splash since 2012 but the colors seemed very vibrant to me! I loved it!

We walked out and I had a sad look on my face. I told my Dh I want to go to MK tomorrow instead of Epcot, He left it up to me.. I knew he wanted to go to Epcot for Food and Wine , but I love MK and so does my daughter!!
Up next: What do we choose to do? and Flight issues!!

SharonD

That is the cutest pic ever with your daughter's smile and The Beast. Also love your description of your meet with A&E.

Lyear

Enjoying your trip report. It seems like you guys had a great time. I'm especially interested since my daughter will be about 1 year and 3 months when we are planning to go in November 2015. It's a good preview to get an idea of what to expect. It sounds like the boneyard at AK was a real hit for your daughter.

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
That is the cutest pic ever with your daughter's smile and The Beast. Also love your description of your meet with A&E.
Thank you so much!!

Enjoying your trip report. It seems like you guys had a great time. I'm especially interested since my daughter will be about 1 year and 3 months when we are planning to go in November 2015. It's a good preview to get an idea of what to expect. It sounds like the boneyard at AK was a real hit for your daughter.
Let me tell you she was amazing! You don't know how many people said .. " she isn't going to remember why are you taking her?" Granted she may not remember but she had the best time and seeing her light up for a character or laugh during a ride was the best feeling in the world. I had to choke down tears a few times ! I think your little one will love it!! If you have any questions feel free to ask!! Also yes Bone yard was a definite hit!!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Day 14-
We woke up sad It was our last park day, but From reading another report I was trying to think about today and today only. We woke up and explored the resort for the last time :(
271.JPG

Caribbean Beach is beautiful, I love the ambiance it's the best and It will always be my Home resort! We headed down and got some breakfast! After our meal we all headed to Epcot. I decided since all fast passes were made plus Dining reservtions, I would see Magic Kingdom next year! We got in line when I got an email from South west .. This is the Jist of what happened,
Taken from http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-to-radar-facility-20140926-story.html#page=1

A communications contractor assigned to the Aurora FAA radar center set fire to the center, grounding more than 2,000 flights in Chicago today, as part of plan to “take out” the center and kill himself, according to a federal complaint against him.

Brian Howard, 36, of Naperville, remains hospitalized following the incident, and is charged with setting fire to and damaging an air navigation facility.

The fire was started in the basement of the Aurora facility, known as the Chicago Center, around 5:40 a.m., forcing an evacuation and grounding all flights at O'Hare and Midway airports. Some flights were resumed "at a reduced rate" around 10:30 a.m.

This was causing mass panic for people , they told me not to worry as of that instant The flight was not canceled but keep an update any thing can change at any time. Trying not to worry about if I should book another day at Disney I mean come on stop pulling my leg I don't wanna stay an extra day! :rolleyes:

We headed to Space ship Earth and it was very calming. I love the smell of Rome burning! After we got off the park got extremely busy, first week of Food and Wine and also a Friday! We headed to Figment and With just One spark that song was stuck in my head.... and this is WHY. We are in line, my self, Dh and DD. My husband tells me how bad he has to use the bath room. I told him no biggie go and well meet you in the gift shop. I didn't have a phone on me since It was broke. We got on the ride which took a while we had alot of wheel chair people on with us we were in the back row got to the end where they say " Imagination is a blast" Then all I hear is Please remain seated. I am thinking no big deal this is because they are letting a wheel chair person on/off. After 5 minutes the lights come on and a railing pops up . It's really cool with all the lights on you can see through the curtain. I was also far enough back to see the tunnel with figments feet walking, pretty neat. All in all we were stuck for 45 minutes , you should have seen me trying to occupy my 16 month daughter that whole time with chalp stick since that's the only thing I had. I never found out why we were delayed so long. They said Figments Imagination ran away from him.. After they must have found it we were on our way. My Husband was freaking out he thought some thing happened to us ! He was very happy we were ok! We then headed to the Seas!

We went on Nemo and Turtle talk! I remember when the shark used to come out at you , not Bruce but the other shark. He moves slightly now but I miss the old mode.

273.JPG
274.JPG

After that we headed to Soaring, The most calming view to me is when you are over the night time ocean where you hear the birds. I literally feel so mellow for that 6 seconds ! After feeling like I was hugging a pine tree and sniffing an orange we were off to the character spot. We finally got Minnie and Pluto!
She couldn't hold back her excitement as she ran for them at full force!
275.JPG
276.JPG
277.JPG

We headed to Dinner at Coral Reef and It was about 7 pm. The food was great the service could have been better. We had a great seat and the food didn't disappoint! After full bellies we went to teach Mady about Fire!
haha1.jpg

It was 8:30 and we headed to the countries!! We decided to take a boat ride with those silly caballeros !
1.jpg

Then it was a fare well to Maelstrom :arghh::arghh::arghh: We watched the movie since we never seen it before and It would be our last chance. It was different I might say! Then it was time for Food and Wine we had an hour and 30 minutes until Illuminations, but First we had to meet Duffy!

280.JPG

279.JPG

Duffy would be the last Character my daughter meets. She loved him and he spent 5 minutes playing with her. I love people that actually care about interaction and not just trying to be fast!
My daughter was getting sleeping and I was getting Thirsty. My Dh did all the food where I did drinks. He tried some thing from every where and his favorite was Canada Steak with Mushrooms! I had a Cannoli and it was very tasty! I also had a Mango Ice cream from Glaciers and It was amazing! So much my daughter ate half of it! Here is what I tried
1. Coopers Brewery Ale Austraila
2. Carnaval Moscato Brazil
3.Apple Wine- Canada ( so good I had 2)
4. Pinapple Wine - Hawaii
5. I had another wine I think Sunshine or Oranges was in the name very good, Can't remember for the life of me what it is called.

I was quite tipsy and I had to do my online check in! I was having a bunch of issues so I called . They told me they were thinking my flight will be canceled and they will know tomorrow. How convenient. We headed to our Fast pass spot for Illuminations!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Day 14 continued....
The lights go down and we are all gathered around the fire. I honestly have never watched the full illuminations and I was excited ! The globe starts moving and this is what I thought to my self. " Wow Beth You have had to many cocktails you can't even see the globe moving!" Well It ended up not being me but every one, the ball wasn't working. It was moving through the water black as black can be.
k.jpg
k1.jpg

You can see it off in the Distance ! The show was great. I am assuming with the globe working it would be amazing! I guess I will have to wait for next year for that. The park still had an hour so my Dh and I had a mission. My daughter colored a Duffy bear earlier and we were going to get all the stamps! We were successful with no time to spare. Let me tell you that is a far walk just doing it with out stopping!
We said Good bye to Epcot until 2015 and headed back to our home, at least for the night!

UP NEXT: Disney quest, T rex, Delays and a headache!!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
The Dreaded day 15-
We woke up around 9 am for our lunch ADR at T Rex. We slowly rolled out of bed got dressed and was on the bus by 10. We got on that bus and said bye to our room , we knew it was the last time we would see it. Good bye sweet room 4563 we will miss you!

We got to DTD with 10 minutes to spare and ran to T rex, Thank god We had reservations because the line was out the door with wait of 80 minutes?? That was 10 minutes after opening! We got right in and sat by the Mammoths. We were no longer using the Dining Plan so we split an appetizer and got our daughter a chicken tender meal.
t rex.jpg

After Dinning with the Dinosaurs we headed to Disney quest. I am not big into games but my DH is. Would I ever pay to get in No. We had 2 free tickets from our resort and we decided next year My mom and I will shop and my Dh and Dad can go to Disney quest!

We shopped around a little and then my Mom called and asked us to pick her up lunch at Wolf Gang, they were driving home so we stopped there got their to go meal and met them in the parking lot. Seeing my mom with the truck packed full saying good bye was one of those tear moments. My mom and I shared the look of sadness as I gave her the food she gave us a gift card to spend ! We said our good byes and we headed to Harley to get my Dh a shirt. We went to World of Disney and got my daughter a First Trip cup!
cup.jpg
cup 1.jpg

Our Bus was leaving for the air port at 5 and it was 3:30, time to head back!!

We got on the bus and I took my last picture in Disney
sad.jpg

This was my sad face last time on a Disney bus face even though it looks like I'm also trying to make the duck face and failing terribly !

We had 2 quick service meals left thank you mom! This is where I ended up getting some thing for free! Back Track to Wednesday, when we were at Epcot I found a cute bag and I bought it. As of Friday they lost my shipment. They ended up not finding it on Saturday either. Since I needed that bag for the plane since I bought extra stuff I bought another cute bag and they told me the other bag would be sent VIA MAIL.
sadd.jpg

This is the bag I bought it was 45.00 The one from Epcot I bought was 25.00. I was telling the manager why I was buying the bag and she told me to hold on, she walked away from the register came back and said it's on Mickey! I said are you Sure, they were very sorry for the inconvenience. I was thinking SCORE! We went to eat and I enjoyed my last Disney meal. We had 10 minutes to get to the bus at that point when I got a call from Disney. They told me the shipment was found and they have my bag in the gift shop. We hurried and told them I just got this one for free and they ended up letting me keep both.
saddd.jpg

We got on the internal Shuttle got on the Bus for the airport and Said bye to Caribbean Beach. As my head filled up with sadness and my eyes filled up with tears, It was not good bye, it was "See Ya real soon." We were half way to the airport for our 8:40 PM Flight and it was 5:15 then we hear the Horror the whole bus and I mean Literally the whole bus did the "ohhh mannn" We all got texts our flight was 4 hours Delayed and Possibly Cancelled!

We made some friends on the bus since my Dh had to sit on the floor with another family since there was no seats left. We got through security and to the boarding Station for Airtran. We ended up being delayed an hour. Got on the flight then they delayed us 45 minutes where the Pilot just drove around. Having to occupy my daughter in the airport for 4 hours was very hard, the plane ride was super easy though. Since we left at 10:40 she slept the whole time. We landed around 12:00 got in the car and headed home. I called my mom to tell her we would be home soon and she said, "It's OK well be there next year", I told her "as long as they have free dining ." She said the greatest words.." We got a bounce back we are booked Sept 11-26 2015" As I murmured Thank you Jesus to my self it was the time to begin another count down and another planning experience! "THE END, OR THE BEGINNING OF THE FUTURE."

Thank you for every one who read along out trip report! It was amazing and I Can't wait till Next Year!!

PolynesianPrincess

Great TR!! :) I have that same bag you got but in red. I LOVE it!!

Your daughter is super cute and how awesome that she wasn't scared of the characters! So many times I fear that when I have kids they will HATE the characters and that would be awful, because I LOVE them!

Thanks for sharing with us :)

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
UPDATE:Some how When I plugged my new phone in today to my computer I was able to retrieve the pictures from my old phone!!! Here are some memories I am glad were not lost!!

disney1.jpg
disney2.jpg
disney11.jpg
disney12.jpg
disney14.jpg
disney15.jpg
disney16.jpg
disney17.jpg
disney18.jpg
disney19.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom