Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Sucks that the Matterhorn will be down during my trip. So close and yet so far........... I hope some more of the Fantasyland rides get updates like Alice by the time I get there but I won't mind if they don't. Just as long as Mr. Toad and Pinocchio are open I'll be fine.

Yes, that is unfortunate. There's no possible way you could re-schedule? I don't think you're going to catch the anniversary.

Mike S

Yes, that is unfortunate. There's no possible way you could re-schedule? I don't think you're going to catch the anniversary.
I don't think rescheduling is an option. Disneyland isn't the only thing we're doing on this trip (we're only doing 2 days there, one at each park). We're also spending some days in LA and driving to Vegas. I'll ride the Matterhorn my next trip. I'm sure this won't be my only time going, I'll probably get hooked. At least I'll have Indiana Jones and Cars Land to look forward to. About missing the anniversary we were supposed to go in May originally but my brother didn't want to miss the NHL playoffs if the Panthers got in :rolleyes:

Crazydisneyfanluke

Both Pinocchio and Snow White are going down for very short refurbs, from November 12th-13th. That's clearly not enough time to make significant changes. Still, I'm waiting on a confirmation from Disney if these refurbs are happening at all.
It could be that these are going to be just a quick cleaning and a paint touch up.
Im watching this thread closely to see whats offered. I have my money ready waiting to book this trip :)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I don't think rescheduling is an option. Disneyland isn't the only thing we're doing on this trip (we're only doing 2 days there, one at each park). We're also spending some days in LA and driving to Vegas. I'll ride the Matterhorn my next trip. I'm sure this won't be my only time going, I'll probably get hooked. At least I'll have Indiana Jones and Cars Land to look forward to. About missing the anniversary we were supposed to go in May originally but my brother didn't want to miss the NHL playoffs if the Panthers got in :rolleyes:

You're vacationing the "right way", in my opinion. I'm happy to see you're doing other things besides Disneyland.

Mike S

You're vacationing the "right way", in my opinion. I'm happy to see you're doing other things besides Disneyland.
Yeah no way I'm going to SoCal and skipping Hollywood. Tbh looking back I kind of wish we weren't going to Vegas and did San Francisco instead. Possibly Yosemite but that could always be in a future trip :)

stevehousse

I have no idea where specifically, it was in 7th heaven on the last few pages when we were talking about the rehabs for the park and how Matterhorn is going down for extensive work. Mos of the refurbs all end the middle of May so it does make sense date wise...

jrh1985

Crazydisneyfanluke

So..... HKDL is doing DL's? I figured that DL would be building their own. Unless, HKDL's team is better? What of the Jubilation Peter Pan Unit that was rumored to be seen backstage at DL?

Wonder how long it took HKDL to build their PTN? Now we have to factor in shipping time.
It might be cheaper to build the parade and ship it, than to build it in the US. I would say anywhere from 7-14 days to ship from HKDL to DLR. Keep in mind that doesn't include set up, testing and rehearsals. Which could be a 3-6 weeks.

stevehousse

First of all this news is nothing new...we knew it was happening.

Second, what happened to people already saying that floats have already started arriving in Cali?

Anyone have any clarification on that?

I also read that they won't be stopping the parade like the HK version does...I just hope they keep the paint the night music segment in the parade as I like that more than the actual parade music itself...

jrh1985

First of all this news is nothing new...we knew it was happening.

Second, what happened to people already saying that floats have already started arriving in Cali?

Anyone have any clarification on that?

I also read that they won't be stopping the parade like the HK version does...I just hope they keep the paint the night music segment in the parade as I like that more than the actual parade music itself...
Unless I missed something major, this is news to me. Like I said earlier, I just figured that DL would do it if it's truly coming. Still no word from DL or the Parks Blog.

Can you ship fully compleated floats overseas? If so, Plane? Boat? Or, would DL have put back together if it comes in pieces?

stevehousse

I understand that the parade hasn't been "officially" announced for DL but everyone has been talking about it coming to the states for quite some time now, which is why I stated it wasn't really new news...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom