Creature Comforts at Disney's Animal Kingdom to become Starbucks

ABQ

No big loss if you ask me.
Creature Comforts, Island Mercantile, and Disney Traders were all somewhat indistinguishable.
Though I think a decent quick service has been needed at the AK ever since they fiddled with Tusker House, the indistinguishable retail problem you pointed out runs so darn deep all across WDW it's sad. So tough to believe they actually lose money by having more unique retail options.

doctornick

They're currently expanding Disney Outfitters, so that should make up for the loss of CC. I would also wager they would include merchandise location(s) in Pandora.

I recall they are adding a new quick serve along the new path between Africa and Asia (the one that will cut from the safari to near the bird show). Is there going to be merch there as well? I kinda feel like someone reported there was going to be.

There's gotta be another restaurant or something else on the Lion King to Avatar path, right? There's going to be a lot of space between the two areas with nothing that has been announced.

Yeah, it seems to me that there is a sizeable space there. I feel like there's gotta be something built (at least someday) and you might be right that an additional restaurant might be in the cards. I'm a little surprised they didn't put a large shop near the new FOTLK theater.

SoccerMickey

Yeah, it seems to me that there is a sizeable space there. I feel like there's gotta be something built (at least someday) and you might be right that an additional restaurant might be in the cards. I'm a little surprised they didn't put a large shop near the new FOTLK theater.

It's very surprising that don't increase their footprint on Lion King merchandise. They have toys and plush that you find in the other parks but I think a shop near the exit of the stage show selling the Broadway merchandise would make a killing!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I recall they are adding a new quick serve along the new path between Africa and Asia (the one that will cut from the safari to near the bird show). Is there going to be merch there as well? I kinda feel like someone reported there was going to be.

I am not so sure there will be a lot of space between Avatar and Africa. A recent permits indicates that a central energy plant is going to be built on the southern part of the land behind Rainforest which would tend to push Avatar further north. Also, if the Soarin' ride that was in the leaked plans is built, it will take up a lot of space.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
An expansion of Pizzafari may also be on the cards

I'd kind of prefer if they just built another counter service place if needed. If you've ever been in Pizzafari with a tray or two of food and your extended family has moved into another room for some inexplicable reason or more likely in my case, you can't remember precisely where they sat down....make it bigger? really? Plus, the drinks have no lids. I sometimes think the people in charge of these decisions have never done the experiment to see what its like to be the family pack mule in some of these situations.

wdwgreek

In my view Animal kingdom needs a few more quick services locations, they have plenty of small stores nestled everywhere! Eisner did not skimp out on stores they are just more spread out.

Bairstow

As much as I hate the idea of Starbucks going into Disney Parks, Animal Kingdom could probably have used one more than any others.
Other than one outdoor stand in Africa, where else can you get a coffee in the mornings?

Rob562

As much as I hate the idea of Starbucks going into Disney Parks, Animal Kingdom could probably have used one more than any others.
Other than one outdoor stand in Africa, where else can you get a coffee in the mornings?

There's a Joffrey's stand outside the park to the right of the plaza.
I also know the tea stand in Asia also serves latte/cappuccino/espresso type drinks.

-Rob

mm121

most likely starbucks, as their will be a new counter service in avatar. too bad they aren't doing a super cool avatar table service too, how about up inside the floating mountains with a view down onto avatarland.

I am not so sure there will be a lot of space between Avatar and Africa. A recent permits indicates that a central energy plant is going to be built on the southern part of the land behind Rainforest which would tend to push Avatar further north. Also, if the Soarin' ride that was in the leaked plans is built, it will take up a lot of space.
totally odd they wouldn't waste park space for an energy plant, they really should put it accross the street from avatar, rather than within the perimeter road limited space area.
I'd kind of prefer if they just built another counter service place if needed. If you've ever been in Pizzafari with a tray or two of food and your extended family has moved into another room for some inexplicable reason or more likely in my case, you can't remember precisely where they sat down....make it bigger? really? Plus, the drinks have no lids. I sometimes think the people in charge of these decisions have never done the experiment to see what its like to be the family pack mule in some of these situations.
just dont take as much stuff

MinnieM123

Premium Member
An expansion of Pizzafari may also be on the cards

I hope that's not the case. Pizzafari is such a pleasantly themed QS restaurant, and I like how they separate the dining areas; all have unique, cheerful, animal murals. Even the tables and chairs are all decorated in colorful designs. I think the restaurant is just the right size, and an expansion, IMO, might take away some of the charm.

I'd prefer that they just leave well enough, alone; and if necessary, build a separate restaurant in another spot, if more food outlets are needed.

Last edited:

Rinx

I think the restaurant is just the right size, and an expansion, IMO, might take away some of the charm.

I'd prefer that they just leave well enough, alone; and if necessary, build a separate restaurant in another spot, if more food outlets are needed.

I totally agree with you. But I'm sure you know modern day Disney's agenda by now...If it's not broken, break it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom