Teppan Edo or Le Cellier

PigletIsMyCat

teppan edo is basically a hibachi grill. if you've been to and enjoyed benihana or the like, you've probably got a good idea of what teppan edo is. i wouldn't bother going there while at disney because i feel like there are other places i'd rather eat. we haven't been to le cellier in years - when they first changed it to a two-credit restaurant, dh and i felt like the quality of the food went down. i've been hearing better things about it recently and am thinking of adding it to our ADRs next month. imho, the cheddar cheese soup alone is probably worth it, and the atmosphere is neat.

fyi, if you feel like going off property, there are hibachi grills in the area that are good - there is a benihana on hotel plaza blvd that we used to go to way too often. there's also kobe japanese steakhouse near 435 and vineland.. and on international drive... and a few others.

crispy

Can I vote neither? Teppan Edo is very good, but it really isn't different than any other hibachi grill I've been to. I just don't think Le Cellier is a good value for the dining plan (2 credits) or if you are paying out of pocket. Nice, but way overpriced.

If you want to do a signature meal, I think Yachtsmen Steakhouse or California Grill are better options. If you are looking for an Epcot option, I think there are much better options than Teppan Edo. If you like Japanese food, consider Tokyo Dining because it seems to be a nicer, more romantic option. Coral Reef would also be a nice option

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
See my answer about both restaurants in your other thread. Sorry about that I saw that one before this one! Lol! :)

DisneyDebNJ

I have to agree with previous posters when it comes to Teppan Edo (although my son loves it) It is exactly like hibatchi grill restaurants, but smaller portions. Le Cellier is a signature,, Teppan Edo isnt. What about Chef de France? or Nine Dragons?

Dog Ate Mouse

If I had to choose one over the other (which I have), I would choose the following:

1) If you want steak, I would pass on Le Cellier and go to the Grande Floridian and eat at the Grande Floridian Café. The steak was surprisingly better and had a really nice taste. This is my opinion only based on my past two experience's.

2) Teppan Edo is one of my favorites. The flavor is really good. Yes it is like a lot of other Hibachi Grills but this restaurant like the others is what you make of it. The DW and I have sat with other people and had a really great and fun time. Other times one family made me feel I was at a funeral and one more made me feel that we should be prim and proper and not laugh and interact with the chef by the way we did and had a great time. This restaurant all comes down to what you make of it and what the other people are like that you are sitting with. The food though has always been very good and tasty.

EPCOT has a lot of places to eat at and it all comes down to what you are wanting/craving. I know a lot of people don't always want to go or like the Garden Grille in the Land, but I am just a sap for a Turkey Dinner with all the sides. Really nice and relaxed environment and characters pop in and out and you can see part of the Land ride while you are eating. All I will say that there is no right or wrong answer for restaurants. What it does come down to, is when you have finished dinner and dessert and you are leaving, did you enjoy your meal and did you feel relaxed and enjoyed your experience. This and only this is what makes it right for you and your family.

Bairstow

Since you're at EPCOT, don't forget how easy it is to slip out the International Gateway and check out one of the restaurants at the Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach.
...or even the Swolphin, if you ride the boat or don't mind the hike.

TXDisney

We personally live le Celier. Not trying teppen edo till we go back in 10 days so I'll be checking that out for the 1st time too. I love hibachi. But le celiers steak is great.

75disney

I am a steak lover so I prefer Le Cellier. That being said, I feel that Le Cellier is overpriced. At least at Teppan, you get entertainment as well as food.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Le Cellier ? Thats a skip in our book. Its not the price, the wait or greet staffing.. its the food quality, pacing and speed.

It takes forever to get seating for Dinner, and theres too much time between ordering and appetizer/salad delivery and then entree. The food is just average, its not like Shula's, Ruth Chris, or Mortons .. for the price its meh.

Teppan Edo is by far a better dinning experience.

DisneyJunkie

I've been to both places, and really only consider each of them to be "ok" at most. My local Japanese steakhouse has better food there than Teppan Edo, and I find Le Cellier to be "ok" but extremely overrated. I'd probably go with Teppan Edo only because it doesn't require 2 dining credits to eat there the way Le Cellier does (and undeservedly so).

MaryJaneP

Agree with votes for Yachtsman or California Grille. Yachtsman is next door to WS so not a long trip. You can be back in time for Illuminations (if that is your plan).

sxeensweet

I say do Le Cellier the night your at Epcot AND California Grill the night you would have done BOG. BOG you cAn get the same atmosphere (actually more atmosphere because all 3 dining rooms are used and you can choose which to dine in unlike at dinner,etc.) at lunch for a QS. The food is also better than a normal QS as well. :)

Demeter Tess

Between those two options, I would go for Le Cellier. But as many others pointed out, there are TONS of other amazing restaurants inside Epcot and within walking distance. The food at Le Cellier is certainly wonderful, though, and very much worth at least one visit in your lifetime!

sxeensweet

Le Cellier ? Thats a skip in our book. Its not the price, the wait or greet staffing.. its the food quality, pacing and speed.

It takes forever to get seating for Dinner, and theres too much time between ordering and appetizer/salad delivery and then entree. The food is just average, its not like Shula's, Ruth Chris, or Mortons .. for the price its meh.

Teppan Edo is by far a better dinning experience.
I see people say this about not being on par with Ruth Chris's, Morton's, etc and I personally beg to differ. I have eaten at both of those (Ruth Chris's birth place is in my lovely state Louisiana), several times, and the steaks at LeCellier are better quality to me and DH by far. I guess everyone has different experiences everywhere they go. Also we have never felt rushed or thought the service was too slow either at Le Cellier. To each their own! Lol :)
I am a true believer everyone has to make that decision to try a place not based on others and then figure out if the like it or not. There is no way to know until you try it yourself. We tried it years back (ignored what others said) and loved it so much we now go to Le Cellier every single trip. We are so glad we gave it a shot! :)

Last edited:

kasey1988

We enjoy both, but that being said if I'm going to dine signature I don't want to be in the parks, we've chosen tapen edo both last year and this year, passing le cellar, personally wouldn't use 2 credits there

Ryan Toaddy

I vote Le Cellier. Easily has the best steak I have had on property. However, I think I was in the restaurant for about 2 hours. Service didn't seem slow but it was. I think I waited about 25 mins for my dessert alone. But the food was great, but overpriced. I wouldn't eat there if I was not on the dining plan.

mouse_luv

If youre chosing b/t those two I say Teppan Edo every time.

Lecellier is 2 credits that aren't worth it IMHO. The best thing there was pretzel bread and dessert and those aren't even worth the 2 credits.

I'm amused by those who are so down on Teppan Edo. I have been to Hibachi all over the country and to restaurants in Japan, and T.E is the closest and best I have found outside of the real country of Japan. The staff is always so accommodating and friendly and on our most recent trip went out of their way to surprise me with a birthday dessert and sang to me in Japanese etc. The food is always good and very filling, we get a decent sized amount of food for our entree. I have eaten at many other places in WDW and this always comes back as myself and my DBF's favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom