Teppan Edo or Le Cellier

StarWarsGirl

If youre chosing b/t those two I say Teppan Edo every time.

Lecellier is 2 credits that aren't worth it IMHO. The best thing there was pretzel bread and dessert and those aren't even worth the 2 credits.

I'm amused by those who are so down on Teppan Edo. I have been to Hibachi all over the country and to restaurants in Japan, and T.E is the closest and best I have found outside of the real country of Japan. The staff is always so accommodating and friendly and on our most recent trip went out of their way to surprise me with a birthday dessert and sang to me in Japanese etc. The food is always good and very filling, we get a decent sized amount of food for our entree. I have eaten at many other places in WDW and this always comes back as myself and my DBF's favorite.
Agree with you. Although I've never been to Japan, Teppan Edo is definitely the best Hibachi grill I've ever been to. The last time I went to one was a Benni Hanna's in Hawaii, and I felt like it was way too much food and that it wasn't up to par with Teppan Edo. Now if my friends suggest a Hibachi near here, I suggest something else because I'm so spoiled by Teppan Edo. We ate there twice last trip.

Le Cellier's good, but it's overpriced. I also wasn't thrilled last time that they had gotten rid of the mushroom filet. When I just checked, though, it was back on. Hoping it will still be back on in January. The replacement was sub-par

acishere

Le Cellier's bump up to Signature dining wound up hurting the restaurant. Some of their best food was replaced and the rest just isn't worth signature credits if you are using the dining plan. Out of pocket for lunch I think is better for dining here.

An experience similar to Teppan Edo can be found for cheaper elsewhere. There are much more interesting places to dine at Epcot. And you can go to the resorts outside the International Gateway and get a better steak for dinner. But if it HAS to be one of the two listed, I'd say Teppan Edo.

Dwarful

We used to love Le Cellier...many moons ago when it was about quality. We have also done Teppan Edo...and to be honest we have never been unhappy. Are there better steak places...yes. But if you don't want to leave Epcot (I know Yachtsmans isn't too far away) it is a fun place to go.

They go out of their way for celebrations and it is very entertaining.

Phonedave

If youre chosing b/t those two I say Teppan Edo every time.

Lecellier is 2 credits that aren't worth it IMHO. The best thing there was pretzel bread and dessert and those aren't even worth the 2 credits.

I'm amused by those who are so down on Teppan Edo. I have been to Hibachi all over the country and to restaurants in Japan, and T.E is the closest and best I have found outside of the real country of Japan. The staff is always so accommodating and friendly and on our most recent trip went out of their way to surprise me with a birthday dessert and sang to me in Japanese etc. The food is always good and very filling, we get a decent sized amount of food for our entree. I have eaten at many other places in WDW and this always comes back as myself and my DBF's favorite.

Teppanyaki in Japan is not even Japanese. Okonomiyaki is something that would be cooked on a teppan in Japan. I have never seen that offered in a "Japanese Steakhouse" in the US. In Japanese restaurants yes - and in street festivals yes, but not in a teppanyaki type restaruant. HIbachi in Japan is something totally different, involving what in the US is called a charcoal hibachi (but not quite the same)

My complaints about Teppan Edo were the food was sub-par. It was not quality proteins. The chef was lackluster at best - boring as can be, mumbled into the table, and barely spoke a word. The strangest was when she made a Mickey head out of onion rings and then proceeded to slice it up while saying "Oh, Mickey died, don't cry, don't cry" - at least that part was somewhat entertaining.

If you don't like sushi, then the sushi offerings are not going to matter, but Teppan Edo sushi, is in a word, garbage. It is pre packed, pre prepared sushi - honestly, is it like grocery store sushi, which I don't understand when there is a restaurant serving sushi not more than 20 feet away.

Portion size is fine by me - everything else was lackluster.

-dave

mouse_luv

Teppanyaki in Japan is not even Japanese. Okonomiyaki is something that would be cooked on a teppan in Japan. I have never seen that offered in a "Japanese Steakhouse" in the US. In Japanese restaurants yes - and in street festivals yes, but not in a teppanyaki type restaruant. HIbachi in Japan is something totally different, involving what in the US is called a charcoal hibachi (but not quite the same)

My complaints about Teppan Edo were the food was sub-par. It was not quality proteins. The chef was lackluster at best - boring as can be, mumbled into the table, and barely spoke a word. The strangest was when she made a Mickey head out of onion rings and then proceeded to slice it up while saying "Oh, Mickey died, don't cry, don't cry" - at least that part was somewhat entertaining.

If you don't like sushi, then the sushi offerings are not going to matter, but Teppan Edo sushi, is in a word, garbage. It is pre packed, pre prepared sushi - honestly, is it like grocery store sushi, which I don't understand when there is a restaurant serving sushi not more than 20 feet away.

Portion size is fine by me - everything else was lackluster.

-dave

When I was talking about offerings in Japan, I wasn't saying it was identical to what you find in "Japanese Steakhouses" in America. I was just saying Teppan Edo's quality every time I have gone has been on par with actual Japan. I know my cultures and history, so I don't need the lesson, but thanks.

I could care less about Sushi because I can't eat fish.

It's no secret you don't like Teppan Edo, no one was questioning you on that.

I'm sorry that you had terrible chefs there. Every one that I have had have been very personable and excellent cooks.

Dwarful

If you get a bad chef or if you get bad tablemates then it could be a bad meal. We have always been very lucky....great chefs, very engaging and great tablemates....or we filled the table with our own family...which should be great...right???? lol

Phonedave

When I was talking about offerings in Japan, I wasn't saying it was identical to what you find in "Japanese Steakhouses" in America. I was just saying Teppan Edo's quality every time I have gone has been on par with actual Japan. I know my cultures and history, so I don't need the lesson, but thanks.

Then why would you reference it? That's what confused me. To say Teppan Edo is on par with actual Japanese food when the two are nothing alike just confuses teh discussion.

I could care less about Sushi because I can't eat fish.

Maybe the OP can. Or, maybe the preparation and quality of their sushi is indicative of the rest of their offerings.

It's no secret you don't like Teppan Edo, no one was questioning you on that.

I didn't think anyone was.

[/quote]I'm sorry that you had terrible chefs there. Every one that I have had have been very personable and excellent cooks.[/QUOTE]

No just chefs. It was all lackluster. Sushi (yes, some people care) was beyond poor. The quality of the other food was pedestrian. The general atmosphere of the place (not the quality of the show, the general decor) was crowded and uninspired. Quite honestly the way they seated us was also pretty poor - we got shuffled around, asked to wait in a hall, and finally seated.

I'm just giving my honest opinion. There are places where I don't think the food is that great, but others do - that is personal taste. I just found Teppan Edo to be an all around lackluster experience. Not outright bad (like Cape May cafe), just nowhere near worth the price point or time when there are better options right nearby.

-dave

mouse_luv

Then why would you reference it? That's what confused me. To say Teppan Edo is on par with actual Japanese food when the two are nothing alike just confuses teh discussion.

Maybe the OP can. Or, maybe the preparation and quality of their sushi is indicative of the rest of their offerings.

I didn't think anyone was.
I'm sorry that you had terrible chefs there. Every one that I have had have been very personable and excellent cooks.[/QUOTE]

No just chefs. It was all lackluster. Sushi (yes, some people care) was beyond poor. The quality of the other food was pedestrian. The general atmosphere of the place (not the quality of the show, the general decor) was crowded and uninspired. Quite honestly the way they seated us was also pretty poor - we got shuffled around, asked to wait in a hall, and finally seated.

I'm just giving my honest opinion. There are places where I don't think the food is that great, but others do - that is personal taste. I just found Teppan Edo to be an all around lackluster experience. Not outright bad (like Cape May cafe), just nowhere near worth the price point or time when there are better options right nearby.

-dave[/QUOTE]

I referenced it because Teppanyaki does exist in actual Japan. http://www.misono.org/en/kobe.html

Again, I'm sorry that you didn't have good experiences, but there's no need to chase others away from it. I have eaten at TE multiple times and had a fantastic experience each time.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here.

Last edited:

Phonedave

I referenced it because Teppanyaki does exist in actual Japan. http://www.misono.org/en/kobe.html

Again, I'm sorry that you didn't have good experiences, but there's no need to chase others away from it. I have eaten at TE multiple times and had a fantastic experience each time.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here.

1) Teppanyaki does exist in Japan - but the Japanese don't tend to like it, because it is geared towards an Americanized pallet. That is what I meant by Teppanyaki in Japan is not even Japanese.

2) We can disagree, that is fine with me (people do have different tastes), but if someone asks if they should dine at Teppan Edo, my response will remain "If you have never had Teppanyaki style dining before, then sure. If you have, then avoid it, as it is sub-par."

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom