AVATAR land construction progress

misterID

Just back from the world, did Animal Kingdom this morning... It NEEDS this addition badly. It is so lacking in attractions that when one goes down the entire park becomes a mess.

Riding Soarin, I can't imagine how intense they can make this attraction. I'm even more excited than before. And to be honest, Avatarland should be just part of an expansion. They need more. Lots more.

RSoxNo1

Just back from the world, did Animal Kingdom this morning... It NEEDS this addition badly. It is so lacking in attractions that when one goes down the entire park becomes a mess.

Riding Soarin, I can't imagine how intense they can make this attraction. I'm even more excited than before. And to be honest, Avatarland should be just part of an expansion. They need more. Lots more.
I would like to see a C ticket dark ride and an animal exhibit along the pathway from Lion King to Avatar.

flyerjab

Sounds good to me.

Also, adding some of the the It's a Bugs Land flat rides to Discovery Island would be easy/cheap/reasonable.

I remember reading one time about a large, 2 level carousel on the island with the ToL. I still think that would have been an incredible family friendly ride. It could have had all types of animals, from dinosaurs up to present day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I remember reading one time about a large, 2 level carousel on the island with the ToL. I still think that would have been an incredible family friendly ride. It could have had all types of animals, from dinosaurs up to present day.

That would be a good addition. I'll probably get killed for saying this based on the general dislike of Casey's Splash Zone on these boards, but they could use a kids play area where kids can get a little wet too. It's a hot park and a little refreshing water feature would help a lot. If I have to "chase" my kids in there and get a little wet too thats OK too;)

doctornick

There is a two level carousel in the Aladdin area of TDS -- it looks pretty cool. At one point prior to DAK opening, there were plans for a three level carousel with the bottom level being sea creatures, the middle one being land creatures and the top being flying ones.

rioriz

Here now, no pics but vertical construction has not started yet. The construction is very visible from taking the buses in from resorts. Once vertical starts the pics will be there to be had. And they have sey up the dam for the show that seemingly outlines the scope of the barges etc. ... looks to be about the size of WoC

flyerjab

Ok..it's time! We need some new aerial photos. Who is up for it????

This site needs aerial photos of Pandora. I don't even care if it is foundational work. Cause quite frankly, the whole Maelstrom/Frozen "discussion" has run its course for me. Frozen has invaded these forum threads as much as it has invaded the parks.

I need something that can be viewed and dissected. Something that can spur opinions as to what might be going where, and so on.

dstrawn9889

This site needs aerial photos of Pandora. I don't even care if it is foundational work. Cause quite frankly, the whole Maelstrom/Frozen "discussion" has run its course for me. Frozen has invaded these forum threads as much as it has invaded the parks.

I need something that can be viewed and dissected. Something that can spur opinions as to what might be going where, and so on.
you could go the 'woo' route and try to get back there and get pics for us @flyerjab

wdwgreek

What is the construction time table again? Its still an E ticket with a D ticket dark ride right? Hopefully not opening in phases but perhaps?

doctornick

What is the construction time table again? Its still an E ticket with a D ticket dark ride right? Hopefully not opening in phases but perhaps?

Nobody has really said. The land is supposed to open in the first half of 2017, but it's possible that said opening will just be the land itself and the flying ride with the boat ride opening at a later point.

twebber55

Im still guessing by october we see some vertical construction
To me it will be interesting to compare this with the kong construction as they both started about the same time although i realize this is larger

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I tried to get some peeks of the construction area during my visit this week, but couldn't see anything. Didn't notice much on the bus ride in. I did see that the pile drivers booms can no longer be seen, there is only one large general purpose crane left. This would lead me to believe the major site prep work is done and they have moved onto foundations.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I tried to get some peeks of the construction area during my visit this week, but couldn't see anything. Didn't notice much on the bus ride in. I did see that the pile drivers booms can no longer be seen, there is only one large general purpose crane left. This would lead me to believe the major site prep work is done and they have moved onto foundations.
I told @Tom to fly a drone over the area during his most recent trip but all he did was whine about not wanting to be banned for life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom