WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Hi. I am heading down for Not So Scary Halloween Party and looking for Halloween Custom Cake ideas?? Anyone have pics or ideas. Thanks in advance

If you can hold off until this weekend...I can go through the thread and post some Halloween cakes for you. I know there are a handful on here.

View attachment 65326 View attachment 65326 The unveiling of the 10th anniversary cake for my wife. Thank you to Brian and @HouCuseChickie for making this happen!! The wife was truly amazed!! The stained glass was incredible!!

Awesome cake!!! I'm so glad it worked out well and the stained glass looks great!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Well I'm back at it, trying to figure out what to celebrate so I can order a cake. @HouCuseChickie have you seen any Olaf beach themed cakes? We are staying at CBR and thought it might be fun to have delivered. Thanks!

Hmmmm...don't know if I have, but I think it should be easy enough to do. I'm sure they could do a summer edible image of Olaf and have it resting in a bed of sand (aka- graham cracker crumbs).

Daxiegirl

Hmmmm...don't know if I have, but I think it should be easy enough to do. I'm sure they could do a summer edible image of Olaf and have it resting in a bed of sand (aka- graham cracker crumbs).

You totally posted at least one. I remember because I'm pretty sure I meant to tag it as I was going to use it as a template to send to the bakery. No time to look for it right now though @Betsyboo sorry! I will also have a look this weekend if I get some time.:D

Daxiegirl

Here's one you could use but just have Olaf on top instead of Anna and Elsa. I was going to use a combo of this and another from MANY pages earlier for my DD's cake. (I'm pretty sure it was @HouCuseChickie 's cake with the penguins on top?)
I know there is another posted MUCH earlier of a sandy beach type theme with Stitch, I think, that would work if you were thinking of an 'in summer' theme.

orlando2014182_zps706b25b9.jpg

This is my daughters cake which we got at California Grill. It was chocolate flavour and cost $110. She was very pleased with it:)
orlando2014176_zps0d473e77.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
And now a cake update :)

This is a 6" buttercream cake from the Contemporary. It was a yellow cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate mousse...

Mini wedding cake from the Contemporary- $35

You can also request any of the white chocolate toppers to be delivered sans cake.

10" cake from the GF inspired by the Queen of Hearts...$160

ry%3D400

Mickey head cake

10273766_10204326125700111_8554527790808010640_n.jpg

Minnie head cake

396008_2872992110752_1547271360_n.jpg

And another Mickey head cake

223311_2019220566997_8014178_n.jpg

Another Frozen cake
1601441_10201888614475340_5258676553900574708_n.jpg

And here's a cake made by an outside bakery (It's Tasty Too). The client was quoted something like $100 for a 1 tier cake, so she contacted the outside bakery and was quoted only $50 + $30 delivery fee. Apparently, the 2nd tier was a total surprise to her. Now, I know Disney won't do a 2-tier cake for less than $250. The poster said the cake was good, so it may be worth contacting them if you don't like your quote. Ultimately, $50 is WAAAAAAAAAY below industry standards for cake prices.

frozen-tasty.jpg

Obviously, the food coloring in the pink bled...so I'm guessing the cake was impacted by heat during transport.

These are from the Disney wedding cake blog. This is clearly a dr's groom's cake...
c8950d437a8622759bacaefdc337b822.jpg
1ab66c7d7110f4757a400d8bbec7b409.jpg
b7daf85ba405a8672f9a9f74dfcba822.jpg

This was the corresponding bridal cake(s).

fe9c18073bc8c4ae882dae73022f7844.jpg
1ed6207ff853da74d5a7e87195053eac.jpg

A monorail themed groom's cake (this went with the Space Mtn wedding cake posted a while back)

ee905268834943dba34dcd30fbb90f0a.jpg
eed85d58fa84b201b8a592b973216a3b.jpg

And I LOVE this idea...the 3 MK mountains. This was actually the groom's cake that went with the ruffles cake I recently posted.

0e5e620bc82191f17e8614ea629d3eb8.jpg

That's all for now :)

Mikay2222

OK @Mikay2222 - here are some of the WDW made Halloween cakes I was able to turn up...

IMG_0381_zps94aa834e.jpg

IMG_2182_zpsa0fd6ca1.jpg

So, this is what I turned up. I left off all of the Haunted Mansion & Nightmare Before Christmas cakes, but there are plenty of those (especially HM) in here as well.

Thank u!! Appreciate ur time! I actually went with the first mini cake for one dinner reservation and a haunted mansion cake for California grill. I must say - people should def request the chefs email address and bounce ideas off them- they are SO helpful and thoughtful! Also, on a side note- the chef at grand Floridian told me Olaf is not actually owned by disney so they have just started to Jo longer make cakes with him included.. Thought I'd share!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Thank u!! Appreciate ur time! I actually went with the first mini cake for one dinner reservation and a haunted mansion cake for California grill. I must say - people should def request the chefs email address and bounce ideas off them- they are SO helpful and thoughtful! Also, on a side note- the chef at grand Floridian told me Olaf is not actually owned by disney so they have just started to Jo longer make cakes with him included.. Thought I'd share!

About a year ago, Disney got really strict and strange with licensing of their own character images. There were already issues with the Pooh characters, but they really cracked down on things for who knows what reason. It's like they own the characters, but certain rights for edible images for cakes present an issue. And it's A LOT of characters. I had heard that Olaf presents some issues for them for cakes, but it seems that the GF is being the real stickler in this. We've seen cakes from a couple of the other Disney bakeries where they've used edible images of him. I swear...they drive me nuts with this stuff. :rolleyes:

Betsyboo

About a year ago, Disney got really strict and strange with licensing of their own character images. There were already issues with the Pooh characters, but they really cracked down on things for who knows what reason. It's like they own the characters, but certain rights for edible images for cakes present an issue. And it's A LOT of characters. I had heard that Olaf presents some issues for them for cakes, but it seems that the GF is being the real stickler in this. We've seen cakes from a couple of the other Disney bakeries where they've used edible images of him. I swear...they drive me nuts with this stuff. :rolleyes:
I'm going to look into the Olaf beach cake that I mentioned last week. I'll let you know the answer I get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom