American Idol Experience To Close

SoccerMickey

At Hollywood Studios right now and the girl working outside the theater said if you're planning on seeing the finale queue up earlier than normal as a good chunk of the theater is being reserved for former entertainment cast members and invited guests. I will show up early but find it funny that the one day they could possibly fill the theater they take seats away from guests who might want to show support in honor of its closing.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Besides, why else would they close AIE early if not to make room for a higher-capacity for an in-demand show?

Meanwhile...

images
images
images

images
images
images

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Many of the show's original judges, who are still employed here at other locations, returned to run the initial auditions. The original "Judge 2," in fact, had the honor of casting the very last singer in the attraction's history.

mm52200

I'm glad all of those who worked so hard on the show and cared about it got to properly celebrate it's 5 year run. The show really had a great cast and was such a cool, unique concept honestly and really fit the whole theme of DHS. It just came a long a few years too late. If this had opened during the height of Idol's popularity I think it would have been much better received and enjoyed by many more.

71jason

It just came a long a few years too late. If this had opened during the height of Idol's popularity I think it would have been much better received and enjoyed by many more.

I think it always had a shelf life, but agreed it could have run longer--and been a TSM/Anna & Elsa sized hit--if it had come out around Season 4.

WDWFantasmicFan

I've heard a rumor that something Frozen could occupy the theatre soon. It would make sense as the premier theatre is too small for the number of people wanting to see the Frozen singalong (people were standing when I last watched it!!). Also with FP+ coming to the Frozen show, does this hint that it might be staying on longer than the 28th September? And with the AIE theatre now vacant, surely this would be the ideal spot for the sing-along or a new Frozen The Musical style show?? Time will tell!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I've heard a rumor that something Frozen could occupy the theatre soon. It would make sense as the premier theatre is too small for the number of people wanting to see the Frozen singalong (people were standing when I last watched it!!). Also with FP+ coming to the Frozen show, does this hint that it might be staying on longer than the 28th September? And with the AIE theatre now vacant, surely this would be the ideal spot for the sing-along or a new Frozen The Musical style show?? Time will tell!!

The Frozen Sing-Along will be moving there permanently very soon.

SoccerMickey

I think it's more appropriate to honor the people that actually brought the show together for several years over random guests that really just didn't care.

The only thing wrong about that is your attitude.
I didn't mean to come across as having a nasty attitude in regards to this. Irony and sarcasm doesn't always convey in text.
The closing had a lot of love and excitement from both reserved seats and guests who wanted to be a part of the last and it seemed that some even got turned away. The vibe remained positive and it was nice to see that a lot of the attraction's biggest fans were able to make it in. And you're right it was important for a lot of those people to be in that theater as this was a very unique footprint on Walt Disney World history, it's probably never going to see the nostalgia that Horizons or Adventurers Club has, I'm sure there won't be an AIE vinylmation coming out (if they still even make those). I just think that the cause of my original post took me by surprise because limiting seats for paying guests to accommodate entertainment and former cast members is a rare occasion where Disney is putting the cast first and bravo to them for doing that because so little of that goes on nowadays. Also, It seems that most of the non-equity entertainment cast has made it into their new positions, or will this week. If they were lucky enough to score one or if they decided to take what was offered.
Anyone know how many American Idol props will end up at theme park connection next week?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom