Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We have seen in our backyard squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, fox, groundhogs, birds (including hawks), barn cats, deer, rabbits, bats, mice, and many, many bugs. Chipmunks and deer have been the worse for us. Chipmunks have caused all kinds of damage, including to my car. Deer are the next worse. Not usually when they are in the backyard, unless they are eating the plants, but they are not smart enough to get out of the road. My bff actually had a deer hit her car. She was sitting still at a red light and the deer rammed into her car. I've nearly hit them on several occasions. Thankfully, the squirrels haven't caused much damage to us, but we know they cause damage to other people's homes, so I can understand why some may refer to them as rats with bushy tails. Kind of the way I feel about chipmunks.

Most of our properties here are chainlink parceled off. It is hilarious to watch the deer take a running start and leap from property to property.

Gabe1

The first time my DD saw a deer in our yard she was about 3 or 4. The goldens were looking out the window and kick'n up a fuss. I picked her up and put her on the kitchen bench that was up against the big window looking out over the back of the property. I told her Bambi was visiting. When she finally locked her eyes on him she freaked out and went ballistic. Shear panic, hysterical.

Was not expecting that. :eek:

Gabe1

We have seen in our backyard squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, fox, groundhogs, birds (including hawks), barn cats, deer, rabbits, bats, mice, and many, many bugs. Chipmunks and deer have been the worse for us. Chipmunks have caused all kinds of damage, including to my car. Deer are the next worse. Not usually when they are in the backyard, unless they are eating the plants, but they are not smart enough to get out of the road. My bff actually had a deer hit her car. She was sitting still at a red light and the deer rammed into her car. I've nearly hit them on several occasions. Thankfully, the squirrels haven't caused much damage to us, but we know they cause damage to other people's homes, so I can understand why some may refer to them as rats with bushy tails. Kind of the way I feel about chipmunks.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The first time my DD saw a deer in our yard she was about 3 or 4. The goldens were looking out the window and kick'n up a fuss. I picked her up and put her on the kitchen bench that was up against the big window looking out over the back of the property. I told her Bambi was visiting. When she finally locked her eyes on him she freaked out and went ballistic. Shear panic, hysterical.

Was not expecting that. :eek:
Speaking of deer and unexpected events ....

I took Son #1 to work with me for "Grade 9 - Take your kid to work day".

I was selling homes in the $1.8 - $2.5 million range, backing on to conservation area, abutting the Credit River.

I had a beautiful buck who used to visit me every day; hanging out in my backyard for hours on end.

Well, wouldn't you know, he decided to bring his somewhat reluctant "girlfriend" on this particular day.

My son had a particularly eye-opening experience. For hours.

At least he had something to talk about at school the next day.

Gabe1

My daughter's school has three dances are a year. (It's their main fundraiser.) Every time they get the adults only in the middle of the gym for the chicken dance. (To give the kids a good laugh. :D) Then they play it again for everyone to join in.

Ha!

They did that to the Dad's at my DD's Father Daughter dances for our PTO long ago. I loved dressing her up so elegantly for those Dates with her Daddy. :inlove:

MOXOMUMD

Most of our properties here are chainlink parceled off. It is hilarious to watch the deer take a running start and leap from property to property.
I remember when I was little a deer had gotten into our post office. (The beautiful stone building was built around 1900.) The deer had at some point walked up the rear loading ramp and through the plastic door cover into the building in the wee hours. Funny thing is the two people working didn't notice the deer until it had wandered through the building for an hour. When they did see it, they opened the front door and shushed it out where it walked down the wheelchair ramp into the night. The pictures of the deer on the P.O.'s security camera were printed and put in the paper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom