Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

We get the occasional black bear and and cougars. Coyotes love to devour small dogs around here. You need to take them out on a leash even in fenced yards around here. :cautious: We are in Skunk season now. :arghh:

Yep, there are still black bear and big cats down here, too. Big cats mostly in the mountains of west Texas, small populations of black bear in certain regions. There used to be many black bear down in the Big Thicket of east Texas back in the day, and now they are apparently making a comeback. :)
Seems like all year long is skunk season 'round here... :confused:

donaldtoo

Amen Sister Friend. Finally! *happy dance*
chicken_dancing_chicken_dance_hg_clr.gif

I've done that dance at almost every single wedding I've ever been to.
Including DWifey's and mine...! :)

MOXOMUMD

I like AKL. And Wilderness Lodge. Have not stayed at either one in years. My favorite is Contemporary.

I don't see us staying at Wilderness again now that we own at BLT. Proximety is much better, and we can get over to Wilderness Lodge pretty quickly. AKL we usually only do for a few days. My dad is talking about doing that one if we decide to do the WDW side trip after Hilton Head in a few years.

I have stayed at Poly. I think the last time we did, I was in elementary school, but I have stayed there. My dad is talking about staying there for a few nights once the DVC section opens, depending on how the points are (we aren't buying there, though). The whole thing did remind me more of Honolulu international airport than anything else. I did like the water feature, but I have to wonder about how easy that was to clean. I'm disappointed with Pineapple Lanai, even though I can't eat Dole Whip.
I like the AKL too. (Haven't stayed, only visited for dinner.) My favorite memory is sitting on one of the upper porch areas in a rocking chair. It was so tranquil I could have taken a nap.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful; I love the rustic, yet chic, style. I actually stayed there the year it first opened, and it was the first "deluxe" resort at WDW that I had ever stayed in (prior to that, I had only stayed in various hotels off-property). If you go, try to get one of the upper-level floors.

The very top floor is club level (or was—not sure now with what the heck they may be doing with a DVC expansion at the hotel). I've stayed a few times over the years (with discounts, for maybe 3-4 nights) on the club level and it was lovely, and the private lounge was very convenient. There are plenty of tables and chairs, and it's a great view to look down at the lobby from that high level—I love the open floor design—spectacular. They also offered the same food selection as most of the other club level lounges. In the evenings, in addition to hors d'oeuvres, they also put out cocktails, wine, and beer. So, you wouldn't have to go far for your evening beer run, if you stayed up on that level! :happy:

All good stuff, but, I especially liked the part in red, right up there. ;) :)

donaldtoo

Finally home from swimming. We decided to skip the lake and go to my friend's pool which closes for the season on Monday. We had a picnic too. Now that we're home I'm just plum tuckered out. My daughter is happy beyond being happy because there's an Indiana Jones marathon on Spike. (She loves IJ as much as I do Star Wars. :D)

I see there were quite a few posts for me to read. I'd say we're starting out @Cesar R M's welcome home present pretty well. ;)

I love me some SW and IJ, as well. Currently watching IJ on Spike, right now. :)

Cesar will be sooo happy...! :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom