Best Character Dining Experience

JessN

Original Poster
Which Character dining is the best in your opinion. Also any other great restaurants to consider while we are there? Thanks!

ratherbeinwdw

Which Character dining is the best in your opinion. Also any other great restaurants to consider while we are there? Thanks!
Our favorite is Crystal Palace, but most of the character breakfasts are basically the same. CP does, however, have the best food to me. It really depends on which characters are your children's favorites. CP is Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore. The place is beautiful and you get to look out at the park while you eat.
Trail's End is the cheapest dinner buffet and to me, the best food with the most variety. The meat lovers and vegetarians in our group were all happy and full. It's also easier than most to get a ressie.

zurgandfriend

Food wise I would agree with Crystal Palace, for the best characters I would say Chef Mickey's with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. My favorite all time was Liberty Tree Tavern but alas the characters departed a long time ago.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Chef Mickeys you have all the classic characters. Cinderella's Royal Table you get all the princesses(most of them) in one stop, and a nice sit down meal and not a buffet like most of them. Also we liked Crystal Palace for all the Winnie the Poo characters(I'm an Eeyore fan! ) :)

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We eat at 5-6 character meals a trip and I believe character wise that Lady Tremaine and the step sisters at 1900 Park Fare are consistently the most entertaining. Alice and the Hatter at breakfast at 1900 PF for breakfast are entertaining as well. Now if you are looking for who kids will enjoy the most that is going to vary depending on the age of the kids.

dreamfinder

Eh, it comes down to where you will be, and what characters you want to see. The quality of the food is fairly similar across the board (H&V being the one exception). While we find the characters at 1900 Park Fair to often have more unique interactions, if your desires are to spend more time with Pooh & Friends, then Crystal Palace makes much more sense.

Figaro928

went to chef Mickey's, Cyrstal Palace, Akhershus and Garden Grill. Foodwise we liked Akhershus, but the princesses were quick to visit (even though we had an adorable 2 year old decked out with Aurora stuff) -We loved that it wasn't a buffet dinner yet it had a buffet appettizer to it and the food was delish. . For character interaction BY FAR Garden Grill. All the characters came around 2-3 times and INTERACTED - they didn't just sign the book and give a hug. They were all funny and engaging. Again - i liked that it wasn't a buffet and we left full and content.

Bocko57

Our favorite character meals (which has to include good food too) are: Ohana, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill (past couple of meals have been just ok), and perhaps Chef Mickey's (the food is ok).

CAPTAIN HOOK

I have to agree with most of the above.
We ALWAYS visit Crystal Palace for at least one breakfast and an evening meal - lovely location, good food and great character interaction.
On our last trip we visited 1900 Park Fare for the first time. We found it to be as good as CP, so much so that we booked a second breakfast trip there.
We have previously visited Garden Grill and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. While others may enjoy these locations we found the food to be poor and no longer visit them, although the character interaction was very good

HouCuseChickie

While Crystal Palace and 1900 PF are our fave character breakfasts food wise, and CRT is my fave character meal setting wise, I think Garden Grill has been our best character meal character experience wise. We had numerous visits from the characters, the booths on the lower level make it feel like a more personal experience, and the interaction was more unique and longer lasting than any of the other character meals (and we've done everything but the BBQ and Garden Grove).

sophie_the_pooh

I love The Crystal Palace, since I'm a huge Pooh fan and the food is very good. On our last trip, we also discovered Tusker House and we loved it! We went for breakfast, the food was excellent, and my son got to meet Goofy, Mickey, Donald and Daisy in a very short period of time (I would say within a half hour). He also got to dance around with instruments and a very enthousiastic Mickey!

PigletIsMyCat

i don't think i've ever done a character meal with children - and we've almost always had ridiculous character interaction. crystal palace is my favorite breakfast because of pooh's puffed french toast, but both breakfast and dinner at 1900 park fare are amazing as far as interaction. i think it might be because many of the characters are face characters; alice and the mad hatter appear at breakfast, along with mary poppins (usually) and at dinner, we've seen anatasia, drizella, lady tremaine, and the prince. and omg the stepsisters are RIDICULOUSLY ENTERTAINING. it's making me think about booking another dinner there...

we also had an amazing experience at 1900's dinner with my brother, a long time vegetarian. the chef sent out two vegetarian courses for him, an appetizer and a main course. the main was this delicious barbecue tofu with fried zucchini things... oh, so good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom