Can you add more fastpasses after the first 3 from your phone?

squidward

Unfortunately, we can't do that yet :( This is literally my only complaint about the whole FP+ system. I imagine we will be able to do that at some point. Sometimes the lines at FP+ booths are so long you might as well just wait in a standby line!

Exactly. This is what we found to be the biggest problem. You wait in line for the right not to stand in line.

I read about many people saying they like not having to criss-cross the parks to get a new FP. That's utter nonsense. After your first 3, not only do you have to criss-cross the parks, in some cases you have to go much further past the attraction, find the FP+ kiosk, then stand in line for 20 minutes.

dadddio

Exactly. This is what we found to be the biggest problem. You wait in line for the right not to stand in line.

I read about many people saying they like not having to criss-cross the parks to get a new FP. That's utter nonsense. After your first 3, not only do you have to criss-cross the parks, in some cases you have to go much further past the attraction, find the FP+ kiosk, then stand in line for 20 minutes.
Alternatively, you could choose a kiosk that's nearer to you or your destination and/or one that tends not to have a long line. Either way, you don't have to criss-cross the park to obtain a FP+ from a kiosk since there are several of them in the park. It isn't like FP where you had to go all the way to the ride that you need a FP for. Further, if you are a little bit flexible, you can choose a ride that is in your general area and has FP+ availability for 'right now'.

Last edited:

squidward

Alternatively, you could choose a kiosk that's nearer to you or your destination and/or one that tends not to have a long line. Either way, you don't have to criss-cross the park to obtain a FP+ from a kiosk since there are several of them in the park. It isn't like FP where you had to go all the way to the ride that you need a FP for. Further, if you are a little bit flexible, you can choose a ride that is in your general area and has FP+ availability for 'right now'.

The right away FP availability is good, yes. Unfortunately, at least when we were there a couple weeks ago, we always had to wait 20 minutes to even get to a machine. I would say the amount of walking you do is probab ly about the same. It's the insane planning that's gotten out of control.

The right away FP availability is good, yes. Unfortunately, at least when we were there a couple weeks ago, we always had to wait 20 minutes to even get to a machine. I would say the amount of walking you do is probab ly about the same. It's the insane planning that's gotten out of control.

Would you rather it go back to the old way of no fastpasses, where you had to wait in a 3-4 hour line for each ride?

squidward

Would you rather it go back to the old way of no fastpasses, where you had to wait in a 3-4 hour line for each ride?

No. I'd prefer it went back to the old way of Fastpasses where you just get them as you go. But that's just personal preference and it is what it is, so we deal. In the meantime, since I'm not in WDW right now, I'm partaking in a discussion on a WDW message board where I'm free to have whatever opinion of the system I'd like.

No. I'd prefer it went back to the old way of Fastpasses where you just get them as you go. But that's just personal preference and it is what it is, so we deal. In the meantime, since I'm not in WDW right now, I'm partaking in a discussion on a WDW message board where I'm free to have whatever opinion of the system I'd like.

Ummmmmm, I think you may have taken what I asked the wrong way. I was in no way condemning and/or judging your opinion-it really was just a question.... I'm sorry if you misunderstood. Everyone is entirely entitled to his/her own opinion.

squidward

Ummmmmm, I think you may have taken what I asked the wrong way. I was in no way condemning and/or judging your opinion-it really was just a question.... I'm sorry if you misunderstood. Everyone is entirely entitled to his/her own opinion.

Oh. Sorry. My bad.:oops:

Before I used the new system, I thought I would hate it. I thought (and still think) there is way too much planning needed now. That being said, using the system wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. As I said, the biggest problem are the kiosks. The lines for them are long, there aren't enough of them, and they're too far apart. In the Magic Kingdom, 2 of the 3 most popular rides are directly next to one another. Why not have a FP kiosk right there? Instead, it's located in a walkway closer to Liberty Square directly next to very busy restrooms and an ATM. If they had figured out how to let people obtain the 4th FP and beyond from their phones, ALL of this becomes a non-issue. The system, though a bit much to deal with at times, would be pretty much perfect.

But to answer your initial question, no way. I'd never want to go back to the days before FP. Back then, it didn't seem like a big deal because we didn't know what we were missing out on. Now, it seems unfathomable to try and tour a Disney park successfully without FP.

JohnD

No. You must go to a kiosk. BUT, you can modify the one you just made from your mobile app. Upon usage or expiration of this FP+, you have to go back to the kiosk for the next one. Then modify from your app if you want.

DisneyCane

While I'm sure there were days where this happened on a few select rides, I went to WDW a decent amount before FP was implemented and NEVER waited close to 3-4 hours. The longest line I can recall is maybe 1.5 hours for Splash in the middle of the summer.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Oh. Sorry. My bad.:oops:

Before I used the new system, I thought I would hate it. I thought (and still think) there is way too much planning needed now. That being said, using the system wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. As I said, the biggest problem are the kiosks. The lines for them are long, there aren't enough of them, and they're too far apart. In the Magic Kingdom, 2 of the 3 most popular rides are directly next to one another. Why not have a FP kiosk right there? Instead, it's located in a walkway closer to Liberty Square directly next to very busy restrooms and an ATM. If they had figured out how to let people obtain the 4th FP and beyond from their phones, ALL of this becomes a non-issue. The system, though a bit much to deal with at times, would be pretty much perfect.

But to answer your initial question, no way. I'd never want to go back to the days before FP. Back then, it didn't seem like a big deal because we didn't know what we were missing out on. Now, it seems unfathomable to try and tour a Disney park successfully without FP.

Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
  • At Guest Relations at City Hall on Main Street
  • In the Town Square Theater on Main Street
  • Near The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Liberty Square-reported to be in the breezeway to Adventureland.
  • A poster reports: the one in Liberty Square is next to Hall of Presidents. It took over Heritage House.
  • Outside Mickeys PhilharMagic in Fantasyland
  • At the Storybook Circus FASTPASS machines, across from The Barnstormer in Fantasyland
  • At Splash Mountain's FASTPASS machines, in Frontierland
  • In Tomorrowland by Stitch's Great Escape

Epcot FastPass+ Kiosks
  • At the Mission: SPACE FASTPASS kiosks
  • At the Soarin' FASTPASS kiosks, downstairs at The Land pavilion
  • At Guest Relations in Future World
  • At the digital "tip board" in the middle of Future World Plaza (behind Spaceship Earth and the Future World fountain)
  • At the International Gateway entrance to the park
  • In the Future World West walkway, on the way to The Land pavilion

Disney's Hollywood Studios Fastpass+ Kiosks
  • At the FastPass+ service center, immediately to the left once you get past the entrance turnstiles
  • At the "wait times" board on the corner of Hollywood and Sunset boulevards
  • Outside Voyage of The Little Mermaid, in Animation Courtyard
  • Outside the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, near its FastPass machines
  • Reported by a poster-near Muppet Vision 3D
  • At Guest Relations outside the park

Disney's Animal Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
  • Expedition Everest
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Primeval Whirl
  • In front of the Disney Outfitters store on Discovery Island
  • In front of the FastPass+ Service Center near Creature Comforts on Discovery Island
  • Dinosaur
  • Kilimanjaro Safari -according to Kathy Werling's blog

From my research... It seems like they have a good bit of FP+ stations? .-.

Wags14

• Near The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Liberty Square-reported to be in the breezeway to Adventureland.
  • A poster reports: the one in Liberty Square is next to Hall of Presidents. It took over Heritage House.
  • At the Storybook Circus FASTPASS machines, across from The Barnstormer in Fantasyland

Epcot FastPass+ Kiosks
  • At the digital "tip board" in the middle of Future World Plaza (behind Spaceship Earth and the Future World fountain)

• At the FastPass+ service center, immediately to the left once you get past the entrance turnstiles

• Expedition Everest
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Primeval Whirl
  • In front of the FastPass+ Service Center near Creature Comforts on Discovery Island
  • Dinosaur

For MK there is also one down where you enter Jungle Cruise, we used it several times with no wait lines.

Also for Epcot there is one near an exit of Mouse Gears as you head towards Test Track or Mission Space area in that breezeway.

stuey222

Epcot FastPass+ Kiosks

• Expedition Everest
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Dinosaur

Are these notated on park maps?

KingdomofDreams

We were just there a couple of weeks ago and there are apparently no FP+ kiosks on Main St USA. We were exiting the park for an afternoon rest break and wanted to stop by a kiosk to book a 4th FP for the evening before left. I asked two different CM's who informed me the closest kiosks were in Tomorrowland by Buzz/Stitch and Adventureland by Jungle Cruise. After I spoke with both CM's I remembered about the MDE app (stupid me... lol) and sure enough when I checked it the only kiosks listed for Magic Kingdom are at - Buzz, Stitch, Jungle Cruise, Philharmagic, Pete's Sideshow, Diamond Horseshoe. Nothing on Main St. I just looked at the app on my phone and it's still showing only those as of today.

Having the kiosks is good for those who don't or aren't able to use the app, but they are a pain in the rear and Disney really needs to get on it and add the ability to re-book via the app.

ETA: We found the kiosk in Tomorrowland to be a nightmare. I'd say any of the others would be preferable to that one.

DisneyCane

No. You must go to a kiosk. BUT, you can modify the one you just made from your mobile app. Upon usage or expiration of this FP+, you have to go back to the kiosk for the next one. Then modify from your app if you want.

While you can modify it, there is some delay. It does not seem to show up instantly in the app. It took several minutes.

My experience with the stupid Kiosk was terrible this past Friday. We went over to DHS pretty late in the day (a little after 6:40 PM). There wasn't any line so that part was OK. For some unknown reason, the Kiosk didn't recognize my pass and my wife's as linked (even though they are and it always has them linked in the app or website).

The CM just said to make the additional FP separately. I made one for 8:55 for ToT for my wife. Then I tried to do mine and it showed no availability for ToT. Instead I made a 7:45 reservation for Star Tours. Next I went back to my wife's to make the same reservation but had to make it for 7:50 which wasn't a huge deal.

After taking a walk I decided to check the app while we were around the streets of America at about 7:05 and it said I could move my FP+ up to 7:30 (which I did). But, since my wife's wasn't linked, I couldn't see it in my app to change hers as well. I didn't notice any kiosks around so we just went over and waited in standby at 7:10. We ended up at the FP merge point at 7:27.

I told this story to further illustrate problems and inconveniences with the Kiosk method. To change my wife's reservation I would have had to trek to a Kiosk and hope that there were still 7:30 reservations available. Then, I'd spend time going through the process only to walk all the way back over to Star Tours.

Instead, it was easier to just wait on standby. Had I been able to do the additional FP+ in the app, first of all I would likely have been able to book us both for ToT since I could have made the reservation after riding Soarin' at Epcot which would have been a half hour earlier than I got to the kiosk. Then I could have ridden Star Tours on standby, grabbed a bite to eat and used the ToT FP+.

Even had ToT not been available, I could have booked Star Tours and grabbed a bite when we got to the studios. Instead, we rode ST on standby and then left the park and ate off property. As an Annual Passholder, I don't wait standby for anything that is over 40 minutes so we just skipped ToT.

Bottom line is that Disney lost food revenue due to the stupid Kiosk requirement. This won't happen with people on "once in a lifetime" trips but I'm sure it happens a lot with pseudo locals (south florida) like us that visit frequently. $10-$20 in lost food revenue every time that happens is going to add up.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Are these notated on park maps?

Well, recent trip to EPCOT, nope half of those did not exist. But, there were like 6 to 8 kiosks per location and the fact that you couldn't add any M:S, TT, or Soarin' the day of might have just been the reason why nobody was using them. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom