Can you add more fastpasses after the first 3 from your phone?

Beckett

Original Poster
Thanks, is there a date set for when this will happen? I can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

disney4life2008

Thanks, is there a date set for when this will happen? I can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

I would not anticipate anytime soon. However, they were very quick to add the rolling FP+ option in early spring after the initial rollout to all guests and parks. For now, you should plan to visit the booths and add the rolling passes. If they add it for cell phones - then that is an added bonus.

DisneyCane

There is not date and there has been no official indication that they are intending to do this. We all expect them to do it, but nothing official has been announced or even hinted.

PeoplemoverTTA

Yeah I didn't realize this last week and just skipped trying to get a 4th FP. Oh well - it was busy, but the same rules of old applied: After the parade/fireworks, just about everything in MK (DHS and Epcot were pretty good after dinner as well) had a manageable wait anyway.

ImagineerDude

Unfortunately, we can't do that yet :( This is literally my only complaint about the whole FP+ system. I imagine we will be able to do that at some point. Sometimes the lines at FP+ booths are so long you might as well just wait in a standby line!

Rob562

I wonder why they haven't...it really makes no sense.

Two major lines of thinking on this one:

1) They never intended to let people make more than the original 3 FP+ per day, but after the complaints they gave in and allowed the 4th rolling FP+, but to minimize its usage they force you to use the kiosk. (Though once you make it, you can edit it within the MDE app as long as it's still for the same park)

2) They didn't originally intend to let people make more than 3 or they did and the complaints forced them to speed up the timeline, and adding it to the in-house kiosk system running their proprietary software was fast and easy compared to adding a complex feature to the MDE app that needs to run on tons of different mobile phone platforms, not to mention the mobile website...

If it *never* rolls out to the MDE app, then I'd say the answer is #1...

-Rob

Beckett

Original Poster
I guess we'll see soon...a family member assured me that she was able to get more than 4 for one park visit. She told me she used the first three in MK and then proceeded to add one more at a time. She didn't use more than 4, but her teenagers say they did more than 6 each...

tsaintc

For what it is worth, on my recent visit this summer, I asked a CM @ guest services (Jordan @ International Gateway Guest Services) about the prospects of being able to add the additional FPs (after first 3 expire) via the phone app. She had a very clear and direct response. Since not all visitors have smart phones, the kiosk-based approach is the only way to offer the additional fast passes in a fair and consistent way. She indicated that she was part of the core implementation team for the whole magic band/fast pass system and has spent the last 5 years working on that project, most recently training most of the CMs. She seemed to be very knowledgeable about the whole MyDisneyExperience system. And being that she was able to add a bunch of 'special' fast passes to our account, I will take her word for it.

Mawg

I have a feeling that they added it due to complaints and now they can say we listened. They put up road blocks to make sure it is not used much. And, eventually they'll come back and say, we added it but it was not heavily used so we are going to take it away.

dadddio

Two major lines of thinking on this one:

1) They never intended to let people make more than the original 3 FP+ per day, but after the complaints they gave in and allowed the 4th rolling FP+, but to minimize its usage they force you to use the kiosk. (Though once you make it, you can edit it within the MDE app as long as it's still for the same park)

2) They didn't originally intend to let people make more than 3 or they did and the complaints forced them to speed up the timeline, and adding it to the in-house kiosk system running their proprietary software was fast and easy compared to adding a complex feature to the MDE app that needs to run on tons of different mobile phone platforms, not to mention the mobile website...

If it *never* rolls out to the MDE app, then I'd say the answer is #1...

-Rob
Based on the original MDE T&C, it seems that there were always plans to allow additional FP+s to be selected.

Beckett

Original Poster
I have a feeling that they added it due to complaints and now they can say we listened. They put up road blocks to make sure it is not used much. And, eventually they'll come back and say, we added it but it was not heavily used so we are going to take it away.

If they don't want it to be heavily used (which I also believe is the reason for the booths) they could make it so that you could only get one fastpass per hour in your phone. Just an idea, and it would remove the hassle of the FP+ booths and the dreaded line to use them. We'll see! :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
For what it is worth, on my recent visit this summer, I asked a CM @ guest services (Jordan @ International Gateway Guest Services) about the prospects of being able to add the additional FPs (after first 3 expire) via the phone app. She had a very clear and direct response. Since not all visitors have smart phones, the kiosk-based approach is the only way to offer the additional fast passes in a fair and consistent way

That's just fluffy BS answers. They are worried about 'fair' then, but not any time before?

tsaintc

That's just fluffy BS answers. They are worried about 'fair' then, but not any time before?

I would tend to agree, but this particular CM was very open and honest concerning the implementation of the MyDisneyExperience project. She called it a nightmare and that she was saying that in the kindest way. She disliked the whole experience so much that she was leaving the company just a few days later. She said she was burnt out and just could not do that anymore. Apparently she was a super-user that would constantly get requests for assistance. Having spent an hour talking to her while she fixed my APs, I got the impression that she was being very candid and real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom