It’s the 2nd Annual UNofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetpee_1993

If you've ever doubted the saying "be careful what you wish for..."

Long story short, it looks like we're sorta semi-moving to Canada for a year. Tracey just talked to the big boss guy at work and it's looking pretty sure to happen. One of the key people involved has been out of town. Papers have to be drawn sorting out all the $$ which he thinks he'll be getting over to Tracey early next week. The kicker is.... they need him there the first of September. This gives me 2 1/2 weeks to make all arrangements here, secure storage, pack the whole house, arrange online school for the boys for next year, I prob'ly need to purchase new Macs for each of them, we've got a car to store, gotta get my MiL put on our bank accounts, etc. etc. Oh geez, and cell phones and stuff for Canada. I'm guessing we should fly up to secure a place to live before the end of the month. Engine block heaters for Tracey's Tahoe and my car. 2700 mile drive with my dog! Do I need Canadian car insurance? Will our health insurance be useable up there???? Gracious it's a lot to take in! My mind is spinning! And snow. I don't know what to do with that but I guess we'll figure it out. LOL!

So, I'm definitely still doing the girls cruise! No doubt. Once the paperwork is all signed I'll start changing flights. I'm thinking I'll fly in the night of the 19th vs. the 20th and stay at the airport Hyatt. Then I'll take DME over to BLT with whoever arrives first on the 20th. The travel day from Calgary will be long and I won't get in until later at night. That's why I want to fly in a night earlier and crash. It'll give me time to rest up for the fun.

No post-girls-cruise trip for Tracey & me. We've got a whole year of northern adventures to look towards. ;) Hmmmm....Vancouver will be driveable....

sweetpee_1993

What the what?!!!!

Kelly! That's crazy!!! That's exciting! Where?
It's called Red Deer. Located halfway between Edmonton & Calgary. I'm still totally reeling in my brain! I think I should make a list of questions regarding immigration legalities, the cars, insurances, school, etc. and go visit the Canadian consulate. Surely there's one in Houston. Or I could call. Gotta figure out the banking situation. For the most part once money hits our accounts I can move it around to other accounts as needed. I know United doesn't charge the foreign transaction fees. But I've never been where I needed to do everything off a credit card. That's a little scary.

sweetpee_1993

There's a lot of $$ involved here. Crazy money or we'd never give it a 2nd thought. Basically, what our monthly budget to live on here is about what the company will be giving us every month just for living expenses up there. Of course there's all sorts of amounts they give us to get settled up there, travel money every few months, etc. It all adds up. Tracey's pay is bumped up plus the contracts specify no less than 50 hrs per week. So, his actual paychecks which will be large compared to now will be solid bank money. We see this as an opportunity to really invest in our future. He's worked contract so many years we have virtually nothing saved to retire. We should prob'ly get started on that. LOL!

Tiggerfanatic

Canada, eh? Holy hockey pucks, Batman! Better pack your muck-a-lucks or else you'll freeze! Big weather change from Texas to the frozen north!

You are going to be one busy lady. You're gonna earn that Lady of Leisure title on the cruise.

I land at 11:30 AM on Saturday, but I think @Kerby626 gets in earlier. We can swap cell numbers if you want.

I've always wanted to go to Calgary to the Stampede but it is SO far, so I hear ya on the trip down to Florida - don't blame you for taking an extra day. You'll need 2 naps! LOL

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I think it sounds amazing, Kelly! What a great life experience! What do the boys think?

I'll be there from Thursday night on it we will be in the parks Saturday. If you decide you want to go into the parks, tell me!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Wow, Kelly, that's really something. Now two of the Ladies of Leisure will be "foreigners"!! :p

According to the flight info I gathered, @Kerby626 Christina's getting in just about 11am, followed by Sherry at 11:30. I told Member Services that you'd be getting in at 12:30, I can call them back and change that to an earlier time.

I'm not getting in until 1:45. :(

Speaking of DME, they're going to send all the tags to me, so if anyone is planning on letting DME handle their luggage, let me know and I'll mail them when I get them. Or, Tammy, you'd mentioned that you might be able to contact DME and change everyone's address to their own. Personally, I'm going to take my own suitcase off the belt, because I don't want to risk it not arriving in time for dinner.

Oh, and I noticed that when I put the room reservation number into My Disney Experience, it refuses to recognize it because we are not all linked as MDE "friends and family". So if anyone is planning on park time on Saturday and wants to make FP+ reservations, we'll have to link up.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Yes! I can check on luggage tags going right to individuals. Tell me who all is going to want them!

Late night at MK sounds great to me! We were thinking MK most of the day.

Kerby626

I'll let mine go with dme as well it should be there in plenty of time

I am thinking about the parks as well

Tiggerfanatic

I'm not planning any park time this trip. I'd rather spend the $100 for a one day ticket on Palo brunch (or a Dooney backpack!) So I'm heading downtown for some shopping before dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom