Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOXOMUMD

Just my personal opinion, but, I think that long hair on older women is anything but attractive. The reason is that it seem to me to be just a way of kidding oneself that they are still young and cool and with it. If their hair is colored (naturally looking) it's not as bad but long grey hair is just silly looking to me. However, that said it's an individual decision and in spite of my opinion, it doesn't cause me anymore then a cursory look and then it is forgotten. I used to dye my beard to a salt and pepper look to match what little hair I have left. I finally decided that I am the age that I am, and having a completely white beard makes me runner up to the most interesting man on earth. So I'm good with the grey now.

Can't help but throw my opinion in on that one. I used to smoke, I haven't done so in many years now, but, I still hate to see the constant misdirection that those against smoking have taken in an effort to scare people into quitting. Smoking did not create the need for stints. That is caused by plaque buildup in the artery's. That is usually caused by the second post. Smoking didn't help because it tends to constrict the artery's and blood vessels, but, it didn't cause the problem, just didn't help much. The same with the current trend to blame smoking for leg amputations and gum disease (not cancer related). Smoking didn't help but it didn't cause it. I find it as dishonest as what the cigarette companies used to spin. Those problems were from either pre-existing problems of circulation and poor hygiene.

I would like to see people quit smoking of their own accord and not feel pressured by outside forces. There is plenty of evidence to support the "you're killing yourself" scenario without linking it to problems that could easily have existed even if the person had never seen a cigarette. The most recent was the premature birth one. That happens and has happened for centuries with or without smoking. My generation was born in the middle of the largest smoking era ever. We were not all born a preemie. So, I think we should stick to the actual facts and not link everything that happens to smoking. Just because a person gets a bad health problem doesn't mean that smoking caused it. It only means that among other things that person smoked.
Thank you for your opinion as it is your own but I was NOT using scare tactics on my daughter as your quoting seems to make it out to be.

MOXOMUMD

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dray/which-fraggle-rock-character-are-you-4666

I got

8e07b1406c169909f39360bc579ca388-22.jpg
I got Junior Gorg! :jawdrop::joyfull:

Cesar R M

This was what we bought with this home. We had the house a while before we moved in. DH took a sledge hammer to the whole thing, cast Iron tub and all. The picture doesn't do it justice, as the entire large bathroom was 3/4 surrounded in olive green tile.
images

Now it is tiled the same way just everything is classic white tile. Floor black and white. The other full bath was wall papered and easier to get rid of. It was Red and White strips, yes just like an ice cream parlor.
th

I had soooo many projects for DH that first year. We also had Orange rug in the Living Room and Orange Drapes. Our bedroom came with Red Velvet drapes and a red rug. The bedrooms just needed decorating, everything else was gutted.
that bathroom was once a KFC store by any chance?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Can't help but throw my opinion in on that one. I used to smoke, I haven't done so in many years now, but, I still hate to see the constant misdirection that those against smoking have taken in an effort to scare people into quitting. Smoking did not create the need for stints. That is caused by plaque buildup in the artery's. That is usually caused by the second post. Smoking didn't help because it tends to constrict the artery's and blood vessels, but, it didn't cause the problem, just didn't help much. The same with the current trend to blame smoking for leg amputations and gum disease (not cancer related). Smoking didn't help but it didn't cause it. I find it as dishonest as what the cigarette companies used to spin. Those problems were from either pre-existing problems of circulation and poor hygiene.

I would like to see people quit smoking of their own accord and not feel pressured by outside forces. There is plenty of evidence to support the "you're killing yourself" scenario without linking it to problems that could easily have existed even if the person had never seen a cigarette. The most recent was the premature birth one. That happens and has happened for centuries with or without smoking. My generation was born in the middle of the largest smoking era ever. We were not all born a preemie. So, I think we should stick to the actual facts and not link everything that happens to smoking. Just because a person gets a bad health problem doesn't mean that smoking caused it. It only means that among other things that person smoked.

Yeah, there are so many things we humans do that are unhealthy. Smokers are easy targets. My Mom a former smoker will point out people far from her and even in isolated smoking areas and wig out. I don't have the energy to pick on others for their vices, drinking (just not driving), smoking (in correct places), pot smoking or over eating.
I'm try hard not to be the judgement police.

I start to fail in my tolerance levels when people encroach upon my space and my biggest issue is people that have children and don't bother to try an raise considerate or respectful children. If I'm on a bus, plane, in a restaurant, movie and their kids are not sitting on their butts and speaking in an indoor voice I am annoyed with the parent not the kid. Bring them into the World, watch them and guide them. That is my bad, I do tend to judge parents that loose control over their kids and don't seem to care. I'm working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom