Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

True that about smoking. My BIL was just in the hospital for his third heart stent (smokes like a chimney) and my daughter jut told me that's one habit she'll never start. That's her favorite uncle.

Yep, no smokin' in this family, either.
My dad quit cold turkey when they found out my mother was pregnant with me (oldest child, here), and hasn't taken a puff since. My mother never smoked.
I smoked occasionally, in social situations, back in the day, but, can't even remember the last time I smoked.
DWifey and kiddos can't even stand the smell of it.

Besides, I drink enough beer as it is...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
http://www.buzzfeed.com/dray/which-fraggle-rock-character-are-you-4666

I got

8e07b1406c169909f39360bc579ca388-22.jpg
I don't actually know any of these characters, but I am:

Which "Fraggle Rock" Character Are You?
  1. You got: Gobo
    You are the de facto leader of the group and the coolest Fraggle of your generation. You are the one Fraggle people come to to learn about outer space thanks to your famous uncle. And, because of your uncle’s courage, you are a dreamer inspired to follow in his footsteps towards outer space.
    12ee247f65b3c2fa523f26c13f41005a-0.jpg
    The Jim Henson Company

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This was what we bought with this home. We had the house a while before we moved in. DH took a sledge hammer to the whole thing, cast Iron tub and all. The picture doesn't do it justice, as the entire large bathroom was 3/4 surrounded in olive green tile.
images

Now it is tiled the same way just everything is classic white tile. Floor black and white. The other full bath was wall papered and easier to get rid of. It was Red and White strips, yes just like an ice cream parlor.
th

I had soooo many projects for DH that first year. We also had Orange rug in the Living Room and Orange Drapes. Our bedroom came with Red Velvet drapes and a red rug. The bedrooms just needed decorating, everything else was gutted.

Cesar R M

@Cesar R M (or anyone else who might know) - who is the guy in your avatar?

He shows up in all kinds of Google image searches, but I don't know who it is in real life.
I feel like I kind of know him, but can't quite put a name to the face.
he is famous for appearing in "ancestral aliens" in the history channel.
because for him.. almost everything that happened with the world.. is due of alien direct or indirect alien intervention.

hence his answer for everything is "ALIENS"

he gets worse hairdos every time he appears.. its like he's being kidnapped by aliens in super slowmo.

Goofyernmost

Apparently it has to do with reduced estrogen; dryer, more brittle hair; a widening part; hair loss; blah, blah, blah.

Can't trust experts.
Except about smoking. They're probably right about that.
Just my personal opinion, but, I think that long hair on older women is anything but attractive. The reason is that it seem to me to be just a way of kidding oneself that they are still young and cool and with it. If their hair is colored (naturally looking) it's not as bad but long grey hair is just silly looking to me. However, that said it's an individual decision and in spite of my opinion, it doesn't cause me anymore then a cursory look and then it is forgotten. I used to dye my beard to a salt and pepper look to match what little hair I have left. I finally decided that I am the age that I am, and having a completely white beard makes me runner up to the most interesting man on earth. So I'm good with the grey now.

True that about smoking. My BIL was just in the hospital for his third heart stent (smokes like a chimney) and my daughter jut told me that's one habit she'll never start. That's her favorite uncle.

People like them because they are delicious.

View attachment 60412
I mean, does that not look AMAZING!?
Can't help but throw my opinion in on that one. I used to smoke, I haven't done so in many years now, but, I still hate to see the constant misdirection that those against smoking have taken in an effort to scare people into quitting. Smoking did not create the need for stints. That is caused by plaque buildup in the artery's. That is usually caused by the second post. Smoking didn't help because it tends to constrict the artery's and blood vessels, but, it didn't cause the problem, just didn't help much. The same with the current trend to blame smoking for leg amputations and gum disease (not cancer related). Smoking didn't help but it didn't cause it. I find it as dishonest as what the cigarette companies used to spin. Those problems were from either pre-existing problems of circulation and poor hygiene.

I would like to see people quit smoking of their own accord and not feel pressured by outside forces. There is plenty of evidence to support the "you're killing yourself" scenario without linking it to problems that could easily have existed even if the person had never seen a cigarette. The most recent was the premature birth one. That happens and has happened for centuries with or without smoking. My generation was born in the middle of the largest smoking era ever. We were not all born a preemie. So, I think we should stick to the actual facts and not link everything that happens to smoking. Just because a person gets a bad health problem doesn't mean that smoking caused it. It only means that among other things that person smoked.

acishere

For 3 days now the construction workers that are remodeling a bathroom next door have been making all sorts of noise. Monday sledge hammers, Tuesday jackhammers, today drills/concrete and nail guns. At least they wait until 8am but work til 7pm. This bathroom is huge so I bet it will look nice modern. It was finished in that 60's 70's shiny tile in dark browns on floor and half way up the walls and completely in the shower stall. Ugly Retro.

images
The house I rent had wallpaper in every room. I ripped it all down except for one wall in the kitchen. My landlord was very thankful for that, despite making one room ocean blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom