Gringotts

nerdboyrockstar

I rode Gringotts a few times this weekend and the experience is just incredible. From the elevators to the ride, I was just saying wow the entire time. I know Universal's been knocking it out of the park lately but this is just on another level. One of my new favorite rides at the resort.

Disneyhead'71

The facade, with the massive fire breathing dragon is EPIC. The Lobby is breathtaking. The queue, with the shadows on the windows, Bill Weasley's Office, the elevators and the massive spiral staircase up to the load platform combine to make this the best queue ever IMHO. The ride is amazing. I have ridden it 4 times now and I am still stunned at what Universal has achieved with this ride.

Timekeeper

The facade, with the massive fire breathing dragon is EPIC. The Lobby is breathtaking. The queue, with the shadows on the windows, Bill Weasley's Office, the elevators and the massive spiral staircase up to the load platform combine to make this the best queue ever IMHO. The ride is amazing. I have ridden it 4 times now and I am still stunned at what Universal has achieved with this ride.

I completely agree - best queue ever.

It's amazing how a queue can affect a guest's experience, for better or worse. In Gringotts, although the queue moved equally as slowly inside as it did outside, it felt like it moved at the speed of light while inside. I left feeling like I didn't have a chance to absorb more than a fraction of the detail that the queue had to offer. Similarly, in FJ, a 45 minute wait time never really feels like 45 minutes because of how amazing the queue is.

I hope that all theme parks put this kind of effort into their new attraction queues. Disney has obviously been adding some interactivity to their queues, so that's a good start.

Guests appreciate a good queue. Just look at the success of HHN, which is essentially nothing but highly interactive queues (houses). After all, a walk-through is - pretty much - just an elaborate queue. ;)

JT3000

I personally found the queue to be a disappointment. Sure, the first room is nice, probably the single most impressive part of any queue, but everything else between that and the pre-show is rather boring and mundane. Especially by Forbidden Journey's standards, where you have something interesting to look at in literally every room. A couple of character shadows behind a door can't be the only thing differentiating one hallway from any other I've seen before.

Tom Morrow

As a whole, I don't think the Gringotts queue is amazing. I would say Forbidden Journey's has much more detail, not to mention more rooms to see. Gringotts only has a few interior sections and a massive outdoor switchback section with little to no theming. The main lobby is definitely amazing in its sheer size and beauty, not to mention the cool and creepy goblin animatronics. After the main lobby, though, its essentially a long hallway. The detail here is nice, but not amazing. The lift effect is awesome, however, and the loading area is massive and intimidating.

Milla4Prez66

As a whole, I don't think the Gringotts queue is amazing. I would say Forbidden Journey's has much more detail, not to mention more rooms to see. Gringotts only has a few interior sections and a massive outdoor switchback section with little to no theming. The main lobby is definitely amazing in its sheer size and beauty, not to mention the cool and creepy goblin animatronics. After the main lobby, though, its essentially a long hallway. The detail here is nice, but not amazing. The lift effect is awesome, however, and the loading area is massive and intimidating.

Walking past the office entrances and seeing all the newspapers is neat. Plus the little clip of Harry talking to Hermoine (as Bellatrix). It's not amazing necessarily, but very good at putting you in the atmosphere.

meggo819

I'll be there on Tuesday September 16. Any chance the line will be shorter by then? Or do y'all think it will still be 90+ min?

Mouse Trap

I'll be there on Tuesday September 16. Any chance the line will be shorter by then? Or do y'all think it will still be 90+ min?

I rode this week on Tuesday and only waited 75 minutes. I think you will definitely see waits below 90 minutes.

I personally was disappointed and would not wait anything longer than 45 minutes for the ride again.
Gringotts <<<<<<< Journey

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom