Has anyone tried the "new" filet at Le Cellier yet?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Le Cellier recently changed the sauce they used on their Mushroom Filet to a Parmesan sauce.

Has anyone been there since the switch? How was it? Can you still get the old sauce?

DisneyGigi

Very interested to see the answer to this as well. We have it booked and my son is the same way, refuses to give it up. I am seriously questioning the use of 2 credits for it now. :-/

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I had the "new" filet twice this year, on my April trip and again in May, with spring pea risotto. I enjoyed it both times, although April might have had the edge--not sure if it's because it was new, or because by May, spring peas were getting past their peak. The risotto was spectacular in April, and just a little bit less than that in May. Still very good, though.

Both times the filet was cooked exactly as I asked, the rare side of medium-rare, and was delicious, so I guess I liked the sauce, too!

The risotto will probably be different when you get there, as they told me it would be geared towards the seasons. The change to a signature has given the chef some leeway with the menu, and he (or she!) seems to be making use of it.

Edit: just checked, and the menu says it's now "smoked bacon & spinach" risotto...I'm heading for the airport. :geek:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I thought they changed it in June. I'm not really concerned with the side dishes cause I really do not like risotto.

I cancelled our ADR there. It just has not been the same since the switch to sig, and now that they completely changed the filet...forget it.

Seems like they HATED they fact that Le Cellier was probably the most popular hard to get ADR in the parks/resort. Now you can walk up and eat there with no problem.

At this point with the way things are, I will only miss the pretzel bread. I can always sample the NEW sauce at Food and Wine.

jpittore1

The last time we ate here was approximate three months before it went signature. We ate there in June 2014 for lunch and we were delighted how much the restaurant had improved in quality since changing over to signature. We thought the filet was much improved and enjoyed the new sauce and risotto. The filet was cooked perfect. Let's not forget the maple creme brulee!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yup - that's really the fundamental reason it was "promoted" - crowd control :(. I really hope WDW stops doing this - it just wrecks the "Signature Dining" rating for the REAL Sigs :(.

I just don't get it. They could sit me down and give me reasons but I will never understand.

The food was still good, it was just NOTHING of what is was when it was supposedly of lower standards.

Typical though...something aint broke so they just sit and sweat while tapping their fingers together thinking of ways to F it up rather than worrying about the things that NEED fixed.

jklakeview

My wife and I both ate it with the new spinach risotto and both of us will NOT be dining there again. The risotto being changed ruined the entire dish. We have eaten in le cellier so many times before but will not again. The sauce is not rich at all anymore. In fact, we left feeling hungry. That has NEVER happened before. I would highly suggest skipping it. Simply put, not worth the price anymore

aladdin2007

My wife and I both ate it with the new spinach risotto and both of us will NOT be dining there again. The risotto being changed ruined the entire dish. We have eaten in le cellier so many times before but will not again. The sauce is not rich at all anymore. In fact, we left feeling hungry. That has NEVER happened before. I would highly suggest skipping it. Simply put, not worth the price anymore

Agree, you get way too little for the price now, the quality has gone down hill, and the prices are absolutely ridiculous for lunch.

StarWarsGirl

I have. Hated it.

My mother tried it and liked it. But she didn't like the mushroom filet before.

I have been twice since the change. First time I had the filet, I ended up scraping off the risotto and eating the steak. Second time didn't order steak at all; got a few appetizers and was happier. Very sad that they downgraded from that fabulous mushroom risotto and filet to a sub-par version. The rest of my group likes it overall, so we'll still go, but I will not be ordering the filet anymore. Not worth the cost.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
With a menu as vast as that, you do NOT screw with the Signatures in a major way. Not unless it's a significant improvement.

I did Le Cellier last year, and probably won't be back. It wasn't very good at all. I don't like the menu changes, I don't like the "new interpretations" and I don't like little jello blocks in my tomato salad trying to be fancy for the sake of being fancy.

Full run down in my trip report.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Agree, you get way too little for the price now, the quality has gone down hill, and the prices are absolutely ridiculous for lunch.
For dinner we leave stuffed! So I do not know how people say it's not enough for the money. And me and DH are pretty big eaters and do not eat like birds by any means! Lol. Most pricier restaurants actually give a lot less food than even Le Cellier. Usually the more money you pay at a restaurant the less you get. Disney I find even at the pricier places you get more food than outside of Disney at a similiar restaurant. Me and DH always eat at/ try fancier restaurants when we travel and have left still hungry and we paid more than at Disney. So I just don't understand how people complain especially about Le Cellier. We even think the quality is not lacking either like some think. As foodies we try a lot of different places on our travels and frankly have very few places we dislike at Disney. Maybe 3-4 we will never eat at again on property and Le Cellier is definately nowhere near being on that list for us! :).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
For dinner we leave stuffed! So I do not know how people say it's not enough for the money. And me and DH are pretty big eaters and do not eat like birds by any means! Lol. Most pricier restaurants actually give a lot less food than even Le Cellier. Usually the more money you pay at a restaurant the less you get. Disney I find even at the pricier places you get more food than outside of Disney at a similiar restaurant. Me and DH always eat at/ try fancier restaurants when we travel and have left still hungry and we paid more than at Disney. So I just don't understand how people complain especially about Le Cellier. We even think the quality is not lacking either like some think. As foodies we try a lot of different places on our travels and frankly have very few places we dislike at Disney. Maybe 3-4 we will never eat at again on property and Le Cellier is definately nowhere near being on that list for us! :).
When your menu stinks, toss in portion size. :p

sxeensweet

I thought they changed it in June. I'm not really concerned with the side dishes cause I really do not like risotto.

I cancelled our ADR there. It just has not been the same since the switch to sig, and now that they completely changed the filet...forget it.

Seems like they HATED they fact that Le Cellier was probably the most popular hard to get ADR in the parks/resort. Now you can walk up and eat there with no problem.

At this point with the way things are, I will only miss the pretzel bread. I can always sample the NEW sauce at Food and Wine.
I beg to differ about walking up and getting a ressie. We go at slower times and even then they turn away walk ups every single time we go to Le Cellier. Also booking is still not the easiest unless you book right at 180 days. We checked into changing our ressie to a different day/time at probably 120 days out and all the other days we wanted were not available. Yes there always is ressies left at some point but walk ups are not like you say at least not anytime we go. We have been during free dining and not free dining and they always are turning away walk ups! In fact when we go this trip most of our trip is when free dining is blacked out so yes you get some still on free dining but not as much when it's not blacked out. Even with ressies we usually have to wait at least 30 min if not more to be seated because it is always packed! And we saw at least 3-4 groups get turned away as walk ups while we were waiting saying they are not accepting them because ressies were full on our last visit mid December 2013 when park crowds were at a minimum. I have heard from most that have been the past few months they had the same happen even since the filet change. Might have been a fluke if that happened while you were there but that's still not the norm. :)

sxeensweet

When your menu stinks, toss in portion size. :p
No we have been going for many years including before it went signature when everyone loved it still and portion sizes have never gotten larger! Stayed about the same but not larger. We have also found the quality got BETTER since our very first visit! :). We eat at a lot of "fancy" steak places at home and when traveling and find Le Cellier beats a lot of them or is equal quality. The famous Yachtsman could not cook our steaks right nor could Narcoossees either when we had the surf and turf there! How hard is it to cook a steak Medium?! The most common way and 2 other sigs in Disney could not even get that right! Lol
We find Jiko and Le Cellier always cook our steaks to perfection and they melt in your mouth! Hey less of you eat there then it makes the ressies easier for us in the future! lol. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hey less of you eat there then it makes the ressies easier for us in the future! lol. :)
Agreed, that's the one good point.

The rest of the dining, not so much.

I really didn't enjoy my last dine at Le Cellier...which is sad because it's a staple of my trips.

The bread was stale, the cheddar soup was too salty to eat, and the steak was mediocre at best. Maybe I hit them on an off night?

sxeensweet

Agreed, that's the one good point.

The rest of the dining, not so much.

I really didn't enjoy my last dine at Le Cellier...which is sad because it's a staple of my trips.

The bread was stale, the cheddar soup was too salty to eat, and the steak was mediocre at best. Maybe I hit them on an off night?
Hmmm maybe so. Did you complain because if you don't then they do not know and do not know what to fix. In December we did not have those issues and I will see what happens in November. I'll be on the lookout! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom