Has anyone tried the "new" filet at Le Cellier yet?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
My wife and I both ate it with the new spinach risotto and both of us will NOT be dining there again. The risotto being changed ruined the entire dish. We have eaten in le cellier so many times before but will not again. The sauce is not rich at all anymore. In fact, we left feeling hungry. That has NEVER happened before. I would highly suggest skipping it. Simply put, not worth the price anymore
On another note a good steak does not need sauce much less a rich sauce like it had before. It's usually better to have a lighter sauce or no sauce to truly enjoy the taste of a good steak. I am looking forward to a lighter sauce eventhough I truly do love truffles. It did kind of overpower the steak a little before. :)

sxeensweet

I worked restaurants for 11 years. I never complain. I just don't go back.
Understandable but I will say I complained about an issue at a local restaurant where we live that had happened a few times. The next try we gave them the problem had been addressed and never happened again to anyone we know. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it does not. We also usually do not complain until after we eat and do not send food back unless absolutely necessary! Lol :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Understandable but I will say I complained about an issue at a local restaurant where we live that had happened a few times. The next try we gave them the problem had been addressed and never happened again to anyone we know. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it does not. We also usually do not complain until after we eat and do not send food back unless absolutely necessary! Lol :)
Perhaps. Most of the time in industrial places like Le Cellier, it's written off. So, complaining only raises ire that need not be raised.

sxeensweet

Perhaps. Most of the time in industrial places like Le Cellier, it's written off. So, complaining only raises ire that need not be raised.
True but if it helps to know it was a chain/large company restaurant. I guess you just never know and also depends if the manager at that particular restaurant truly cares and if it's something they can actually reasonably fix. I'm not a big complainer and try not to but when things were just horrible we have said something. :)

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I beg to differ about walking up and getting a ressie. We go at slower times and even then they turn away walk ups every single time we go to Le Cellier. Also booking is still not the easiest unless you book right at 180 days. We checked into changing our ressie to a different day/time at probably 120 days out and all the other days we wanted were not available. Yes there always is ressies left at some point but walk ups are not like you say at least not anytime we go. We have been during free dining and not free dining and they always are turning away walk ups! In fact when we go this trip most of our trip is when free dining is blacked out so yes you get some still on free dining but not as much when it's not blacked out. Even with ressies we usually have to wait at least 30 min if not more to be seated because it is always packed! And we saw at least 3-4 groups get turned away as walk ups while we were waiting saying they are not accepting them because ressies were full on our last visit mid December 2013 when park crowds were at a minimum. I have heard from most that have been the past few months they had the same happen even since the filet change. Might have been a fluke if that happened while you were there but that's still not the norm. :)

I just booked a dinner for 4 there yesterday for September 18th.

sxeensweet

I just booked a dinner for 4 there yesterday for September 18th.

"Yes there always is ressies left at some point but walk ups are not like you say at least not anytime we go."
As you see I did say in my post ressies do come up never said you could not get one. Also the closer you get to the date people cancel and the harder to get places like there, Ohana' , BOG, etc will have availability. We have gotten Ohana' the day before while on our trip and had been trying for 6 months to get one! You just never know. My main point is most days they do not allow walkups! I'm sure also if I want to continue try to change my ressie like I mentioned the closer it gets I probably will be able to. I'm still 43 days out and have had no luck changing it yet. Still booked solid the days we want to change to. And this happens every single trip. It's never been easy to make ressies exactly when we want there or change them once made. I also have never seen the restaurant not completely full as some other sigs we dine at, etc. :)

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
"Yes there always is ressies left at some point but walk ups are not like you say at least not anytime we go."
As you see I did say in my post ressies do come up never said you could not get one. Also the closer you get to the date people cancel and the harder to get places like there, Ohana' , BOG, etc will have availability. We have gotten Ohana' the day before while on our trip and had been trying for 6 months to get one! You just never know. My main point is most days they do not allow walkups! I'm sure also if I want to continue try to change my ressie like I mentioned the closer it gets I probably will be able to. I'm still 43 days out and have had no luck changing it yet. Still booked solid the days we want to change to. And this happens every single trip. It's never been easy to make ressies exactly when we want there or change them once made. I also have never seen the restaurant not completely full as some other sigs we dine at, etc. :)

During my 3 trips to Le Cellier last year the place was never full. That is probably why they started changing things around to get some new buzz?

I really don't know. When I am there next week I will ask them if they have walk ups whenever I go past Canada.

:cool:

sxeensweet

During my 3 trips to Le Cellier last year the place was never full. That is probably why they started changing things around to get some new buzz?

I really don't know. When I am there next week I will ask them if they have walk ups whenever I go past Canada.

:cool:
Odd b/c we have gone every year the past 3 years as recent as mid Dec 2013 like around 12/10 (all parks were pretty slow the whole trip) was our ressie and it was slap full and walkups got turned away like I mentioned. We even had to wait over 30 min yet again for our ressie. It was completely full and all of us with ressies overflowed outside the restaurant waiting. A lot of the other restaurants we passed in World showcase looking inside they had a lot of tables empty but Le Cellier did not. Lol Just going by all the times we have been. They told us too in 2012 or 2013 the steaks where they got them in Canada changed to a higher quality and told us all the details about this for about 15 min when we did not even ask about that. Lol.
To each his own we will agree to disagree. :)

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Odd b/c we have gone every year the past 3 years as recent as mid Dec 2013 like around 12/10 (all parks were pretty slow the whole trip) was our ressie and it was slap full and walkups got turned away like I mentioned. We even had to wait over 30 min yet again for our ressie. It was completely full and all of us with ressies overflowed outside the restaurant waiting. A lot of the other restaurants we passed in World showcase looking inside they had a lot of tables empty but Le Cellier did not. Lol Just going by all the times we have been. They told us too in 2012 or 2013 the steaks where they got them in Canada changed to a higher quality and told us all the details about this for about 15 min when we did not even ask about that. Lol.
To each his own we will agree to disagree. :)

I am not disagreeing with you at all. I know they supposedly changed the meat as well. The reason I have about walk ups is because it's like the only 2 credit spot if not the only one where you can have dinner all day and not have to wait till 5-530. So it can just be booked whenever all day. The demand will go down when you're open 6 hours longer every day than all the other Sig spots. Who knows. I will try and see what they say when I am in Epcot.

sxeensweet

I am not disagreeing with you at all. I know they supposedly changed the meat as well. The reason I have about walk ups is because it's like the only 2 credit spot if not the only one where you can have dinner all day and not have to wait till 5-530. So it can just be booked whenever all day. The demand will go down when you're open 6 hours longer every day than all the other Sig spots. Who knows. I will try and see what they say when I am in Epcot.

Just was covering my bases because some who I will not name on here tend to just out right disagree on everything that is said for the fun of it!! I have noticed that over the years so I know most people to just ignore! Lol :)
Totally agree about them serving the menu that is at Dinner all day which does spread it out more. I was glad when they did that because I actually find it a tad easier/not totally easier to get a dinner ressie than before they made that change.
Keep us all updated after your trip! :)

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just was covering my bases because some who I will not name on here tend to just out right disagree on everything that is said for the fun of it!! I have noticed that over the years so I know most people to just ignore! Lol :)
Totally agree about them serving the menu that is at Dinner all day which does spread it out more. I was glad when they did that because I actually find it a tad easier/not totally easier to get a dinner ressie than before they made that change.
Keep us all updated after your trip! :)

Haha yeah I aint gonna sit on here and argue with anyone. I'll just let you know why I feel what I feel and that is that.

I'll for sure let you know about the walk ins and what the place looks like inside IF I hold my ADR there. I have Le Cellier and Narcoossee's like an hour apart. Can't make up my mind.

sxeensweet

Haha yeah I aint gonna sit on here and argue with anyone. I'll just let you know why I feel what I feel and that is that.

I'll for sure let you know about the walk ins and what the place looks like inside IF I hold my ADR there. I have Le Cellier and Narcoossee's like an hour apart. Can't make up my mind.
Yes I'm the same way. I just express what my personal experiences and thoughts are and some take it the wrong way unfortunately not often but it has happened.
To give me and DH's opinion with Narcoossees we personally have had no luck there at all and have not been back in years. I'm sure you probably have been before and could of had a wonderful experience as a lot do.
We may give it another shot in the next few years so I am definitely curious if you do decide to go there how it is currently as well. Decisions Decisions! Haha :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Big decisions...I'm kidding!

I'n sorry you've lost your love for Le Cellier, truly. I never enjoyed the original mushroom risotto, found it too heavy, and I have enjoyed the new preparations. To each his own, I suppose.

I believe that you and your beloved are dining at Cali Grill the same night as us girls cruisers (9/20), so I look forward to meeting you then and comparing notes!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Big decisions...I'm kidding!

I'n sorry you've lost your love for Le Cellier, truly. I never enjoyed the original mushroom risotto, found it too heavy, and I have enjoyed the new preparations. To each his own, I suppose.

I believe that you and your beloved are dining at Cali Grill the same night as us girls cruisers (9/20), so I look forward to meeting you then and comparing notes!

Haha yeah we are. I think you guys are an hour after us? Is it the 20th? Our ADR is for 7pm. If it's the 22nd then we are at 515pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom