Your favourite attraction in each park and the reason why

The Magical Genie 123

Fun thread!

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain

Wonderful theming, great ride, and it just screams Disney to me!

Epcot: Test Track

Not sure why I enjoy it so much. Just a great thrill ride in my opinion. Soarin is a close second though.

DHS: Tower of Terror

Best ride at the World hands down. The theming, the effects, the ride. It's all there! Such an amazing ride, and I always have to ride it at least 3-5 times a trip.

DAK: Expedition Everest

Very fun ride in my opinion. Even with that disco yeti, I still love it. Great backstory and a great roller coaster.

Honorable Mention: Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover

You might be looking at this and saying "Huh?" But I actually really enjoy this ride. Very relaxing, you get a grand circle tour of Tomorrowland, and it's just special to me, I really don't know why. When I ride this, I know I'm at Disney.

Great thread by the way!;)

hokie075

Magic Kingdom- Wishes; this is what I look forward to every trip. I just can't wait till it gets dark and the excitement I feel. Even as a 38 year old man. I still get a knot in my throat even thinking about it. Several times it has even brought a tear to my eye. It reminds me so much of my grandfather and our trips to Disney. My wife does not get it but anyone who experiences it the way I do would understand.

Animal Kingdom- Kilimanjaro Safari; this is my wife's favorite part of the whole kingdom so to see her happy makes it my favorite.

Hollywood Studios- Tower of Terror; Plain and simple it is awesome.

Blackburn23

Magic Kingdom -Pirates of the Caribbean - close call with jungle cruise but POTC is the best attraction for me. Classic scenes, great atmosphere from queue to exit, and one of the best audio tracks around!

EPCOT - Test Track - I am a racing guy so this one comes natural

Hollywood Studios - Rockin Roller Coaster - same as above I love speed and this one does it well!

Animal Kingdom - It's Tough to Be a Bug - Great show loaded with surprises. Great time

Kuzcotopia

MK: Spash Mountain. I can't add anything else that hasn't already been said, and amazing story that just makes me happy. Only thing I haven't heard about it yet is that moment in the que where you hit the air conditioning. Oh yeah!

Epcot: The Mitsukoshi store in the Japan pavillion. I loathe shopping anywhere in WDW, except that one place.

HS; Tower of Terror. Pick any category to rate an attraction, or make up your own. ToT will score a 10/10 on that catagory.

AK: Dinosaur. Bumpy and unnerving, lots of surprises, and a very fast paced storyline with a lot of urgency. Repeat rides don't add a lot to the experience, but still fun, immersive, and more scary than you would think going into it.

Last edited:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
MK - Tomorrowland Transit Authority... I've had a lot of good times on it, and the relaxing cruise around Tomorrowland is just the best!
EC - Spaceship Earth... duh! It's a classic, and it still has those traces of good ol' EPCOT Center! I could ride that thing all day every day.
HS - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror... another classic, the best ride in a really lame park, and the theming is hard to beat.
AK - Dinosaur... I'm not a Everest fan and Safaris don't do much for me, so Dinosaur is my fave in the place. It was my first experience with that ride system (I didn't ride IJA @ DL til '04), and it's a ton of fun.

HouCuseChickie

Magic Kingdom
It's a Small World - It's happy...and therefore, makes me happy. I love Mary Blair's art and influence on the ride, the attention to detail is so great that I find new little things every single time I go on, Alice Davis' work on the costumes was just top notch, and it's nostalgia with a timeless message. Yes, I agree that Disneyland has the superior version of this- after all, it is the original -but the WDW version still is richly detailed and shares the same sentiment.

Epcot
Living with the Land - While I miss the old song, I find the ride to be so relaxing yet incredibly interesting. I also like that it feels different during the day, during a big rainstorm, or at night.

Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest - While it's a shame that the Yeti hasn't been restored, the theming in the queue is some of the best at WDW. I also love how the ride itself puts you in certain vantage points to get neat views of the area around it...i.e. everything you can spot on the ground and in the distance.

Hollywood Studios
Star Tours - I write this, but it's probably the strongest feelings I have for any ride in this park. While I agree that the attention to detail in ToT is amazing, I hate free fall rides...even amazingly detailed free fall rides. Yes, I've been on it- so I do have a first hand opinion. So why Star Tours? I remember going to the park as MGM and being wowed by seeing the large Imperial AT-AT Walker. Even seeing R2D2 and C3PO was a big wow moment for me. My kids also adore this ride...we've ridden as many as 4x in a row for them. So, it's brought a lot of happiness to our trips.

Marc Gil

Magic Kingdom-
Pirates of the Caribbean-
I always loved Pirates since I was a toddler. It's one of the most recognizable attractions worldwide, and an iconic one at that. The attraction is beautifully detailed, the song is great. It has a simple story, but it's truly remarkable how they showcase it. To finish things off, it was Walt's last attraction he personally supervised!

Epcot-
Spaceship Earth-
Spaceship Earth without a doubt is one of Disney's best dark rides. It's a technological and architectural marvel. The animatronics are great, the overall atmosphere is hypnotic, it smells great, and most importantly (well not really), it's relaxing...

Disney's Hollywood Studios-
The Great Movie Ride & Hollywood Blvd-

I constantly hear that ToT is the best attraction on the property, but I have an extreme case of vertigo and a irrational fear of heights.... Fine, I'm just a BIG chicken. But since I haven't had the courage to experience it, I would have to say that The Great Movie Ride and Hollywood Blvd in General, is the best attraction at DHS. At the time, GMR was revolutionary, and in some ways, it still is today! I am a huge classic film buff, and I love seeing how they bring those classic scenes to life! The animatronics are extraordinary, especially the Wicked Witch, and the cowboy heist scene is incredible.

Animal Kingdom-
Kilamanjaro Safaris-

Kilamanjaro Safaris is one of the most elaborate attractions at WDW, and it truly is an amazing one! It's amazing how the Disney Imagineers transformed Florida swamp and forests into an African savannah. Kilamanjaro
Safaris is also great because you never get the same ride experience twice!

Csmith041177

This is really tough, but here goes:

Magic Kingdom- Splash Mountain. This was probably the toughest to pick for me. Haunted Mansion is one of my all time favorites, and Peter Pan and Pooh are sentimental for me. However, I feel like Splash Mountain is quentissential Disney. You have characters, a long ride experience with multiple cool things to see, a "thrill" at the end, and a good bang for your buck in terms of length of the attraction vs. length of time in line.

Epcot- Soarin. I know that some folks complain about the screen, and that the film needs to be updated. However, there is something about this ride that takes my breath away everytime. What I also like about it is that people of all ages can enjoy it (i.e., it is not just reserved for adults).

Animal Kindgom- Expedition Everest. I love, love, love the extremely detailed storyline and the very detailed queue. You are completely immersed from the minute you step in to the park because you can see the moutain in the distance. And the ride itself (Yeti problems aside), is awesome.

DS- Tower of Terror. I chose TOT for many of the same reasons I chose the above- very intricate storyline, amazing queue, awesome theming, and a breathtaking ride.

Love these rides! I am ready to post my 2nd favorites in each park now!

Nitrokoff

MK - Haunted Mansion - Huge horror fan. Love the atmos-fear. We were lucky enough 2 years ago to ride it as the last "group". It was just my wife and I and I must say it was very spooky. You get to hear all the creaks and moans. If you can get in there alone, it is very, very awesome.

EPCOT - Spaceship Earth. Good narration. Good story-telling overall. Always tear up when you see Earth just floating out there. Reminds me that we are so small in our universe.

AK - Dinosaur - I guess. Don't really visit here as much as the others. Dinosaur is pretty cool.

DHS - Star Tours - I'm just a huge Star Wars fan and can never get enough of this ride. Even though it does seem that I keep getting the same ride over and over. I many times can you really get Kashyyyk? 6 before I gave up and moved on the TSMM. :)

Mr Anderson

MK: Spash Mountain. I can't add anything else that hasn't already been said, and amazing story that just makes me happy. Only thing I haven't heard about it yet is that moment in the que where you hit the air conditioning. Oh yeah!

My wife and I were talking about that spot in the queue just the other day! We LOVE that spot! Do you stop underneath it every time you walk under it like I do?

PS Killer username. Love that movie. LLAMAFAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Tinkerbella16

It is so hard to just choose 1 ride in each park as I love so many!

MK- In each Land
Adventureland
- POTC
Tomorrowland- Space Mountain, CoP, People Mover
Frontierland- Splash Mountain
Liberty Square- Haunted Mansion of course!
Fantasyland- Philharmagic
New FL- Under the Sea

Epcot-
FW-
Soarin
WS- Norway and Mexico

DHS- ToT

AK- Everest

DancingPhoenix

I'm all about the story/themeing ;)

Magic Kingdom: Haunted Mansion. I love the amount of detail in the ride and how I can find new things each time I go on it. My favorite used to be BTMRR because oh my gosh rollercoaster, but as I've gotten older I appreciate the little pieces of the HM, and the many stories that go along with it and weave through it.

Epcot: Journey Into Imagination/Test Track. This one was hard for me because as a ride Imagination is very sad these days but I love Figment so much, and when you go into the actual imagination part of the ride is just so Disney! As far as actual ride though, Test Track wins for a mix of both versions (old and new). I loved the internal themeing of the old ride, like the hot and cold chambers but I like that you get to design your own car and see how it does in the tests on the new one. My boyfriend and I made the most ridiculous car last time we went that failed every test but was super fast which was fun!

Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror, and there is no question about it. This is my favorite ride of all time. The theme and queue and cast members and ride- all spectacular! I sometimes want to just sit inside that hotel lobby, and explore it beyond the roped queue. I stay as long as I can in the library so I can look at all the little details. I ride at least 5 times a trip because I can't get enough of the ride itself! It is the only ride I actually own merchandise from.

Animal Kingdom: Everest. This one is similar to ToT, the themeing is awesome and the ride itself is super fun. I would love to wander the museum part of the queue to read all the little things at my own leisure, but at the same time I want to get right on the ride. If the disco yeti was actually working properly the ride would be possibly tied with ToT for my all-time favorite but he is a big zit on an otherwise lovely attraction.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
AK - Finding Nemo the Musical. Very innovative and imaginative with excellent music and Broadway quality cast. We own the CD and still go at least once each trip.

HS - MuppetVision. Love it. Laugh out loud every time. I know the effects are not in great shape and I've seen it a thousand times, but still.

Epcot - Living with the Land. When it had a live host, this would win by a landslide (pun intended), now it just barely edges out Illuminations, Reflections of the Earth. In fact, when Illuminations is at its best for effects and LwtL is looking dusty, they would switch places.

MK - Honestly....I have no idea. I cannot choose something to be a favorite. I love the park itself. I could be in there all day without doing any attractions!

RubyLee

MK: Carousel of Progress...I'm probably in a minority but I absolutely love it-outdated future scene and all. It was a must do with my family growing up so the nostalgia always gets me!

HS: Tower of Terror....because it's awesome. :)

Epcot: Soarin...the concept is still one of the most unique to me & the CA landscapes are gorgeous.

AK: Everest. Exciting thrill ride with beautiful theming in the queue.

Wikkler

Magic Kingdom: Carousel of Progress, because I'm optimistic and am always enthralled by singing robots.
Epcot: Spaceship Earth, because I love history.
Hollywood Studios: Star Tours, because Yoda.
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, because it is smooth and wild but not too wild.

Wikkler

MK: Carousel of Progress...I'm probably in a minority but I absolutely love it-outdated future scene and all. It was a must do with my family growing up so the nostalgia always gets me!
the-very-best-of-the-futurama-fry-meme.jpg

Figaro928

Wow. Love this thread. As a mom of two young kiddies, I didn't get to ride many E-tickets on my last trip. So bare in mind my view points are a little kid-a-fied. Ok here's mine!

MK : Dumbo. I LOVE the new queue system. We stayed there easily double our given wait time. An air-conditioned place for the kids to release some energy?! YES PLEASE! Plus the actual ride is has the perfect mix of nostalgia and fun for us. To me, it really is the perfect Disney ride.

Epcot: SO hard to choose.. a three way tie between SSE, Living with the Land and Maelstrom. If I had to pick, I'd go with Maelstrom only because it was probably my DD3 favorite ride. She's still saying "disappear! Disappear!"

DHS: TSMM. My husband and I are super competitive and I totally won. anything that gets me bragging rights is OK in my book. Plus the queue was so cute & the entire ride is just so well thought out!

AK: meh....wasn't much here for my family so hard to pick even one. I guess the Festival of the Lion King. It was enjoyable and entertaining. But compared to the rides listed above...not even in the same realm of existence.;)

AllydoesDisney

Okay here we go.
Magic Kingdom-Splash Mountain-because its got a great story and its long enough, its not just one big drop and then that's it.

DHS-Tower of Terror-the story, the anticipation, the CMs, the thrill, it all adds up to a really fun and adrenaline pumping experience.

Epcot-Test Track-I actually like both the old and new versions. I think its just a lot of fun.

AK-Expedition Everest-I don't even know. I'm just in love with it. Its so much fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom