The "Skip It" List

MerMom1981

It starts at the airport as you're waiting for your return flight to depart. You're sharing your favorite moments, and someone says "Disney World was great, but next time, i'd do things a little differently..."

We're planning a visit next spring, but there's a few things we just gonna skip...

In General:
The Dining Plan - it just didn't end up being a value for us. It gave us too much of what we don't need (snacks and dessert... nobody needs dessert after every meal) and not enough of what we want (good food)

Counter Service restaurants - with very few exceptions, I found the QS options to be awful. Dried-out, bland food that was probably in a steam tray since the day before. The only good CS meal I had in my week at Disney was Cooke's of Dublin. It was fresh and yummy and it blew me away

Character Meet&Greets - I'm not saying none at all, but we don't need to devote so many hours of our week to them.

Magic Kingdom:
Mad Tea Party - momma just can't spin
Aladdin's Magic Carpets / Dumbo / Astro Orbiter - the kids will be tall enough for "big kid rides" so let's ride 'em
The Barnstormer - see above
It's a Small World - don't hate me! I just feel like "OK, I've seen it. I'm done now"

Epcot:
Mission Space - momma don't spin
I know Imagination makes most "skip it" lists, but I can't say. We didn't do it. Or Living with The Land, or Text Track, or Innovations...Those M&G's really eat up your day!

Hollywood Studios:
Disney Jr - the kids will be a bit old for that... At least I hope!

Animal Kingdom:
All of it. It's a beautiful park, but we have great zoo's at home, and I'd rather have two days at the other three parks.

So what do you skip? Am I making a horrible mistake?

Last edited:

Tomi-Rocket

In a minority here as we like the DP especially since it means all of our trip is paid for and we don't have to save a bunch of money simply to eat. (As in $250 for the Cali Grill.)

But I would NEVER skip a ride for a M&G. Nor would I ever skip AK unless we only had 3 day tickets. What a beautiful park it is, not to mention EE!

What do we skip? Kiddie rides, for sure. With two teenage boys no need for them. Which also meant skipping anything "princess", lol. TSM in HS our first couple of trips after it was open due to the insane long line. Astro Orbiter and Tomorrowland Speedway because they are dull. I'm starting to skip Kilamanjaro Safari because I don't care to get soaked to the bone and don't want to chance it. Muppets in 3D because seeing it once was enough. And finally L, M, A & the Indy stunt show because they haven't changed so I've become bored of them.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Hmm... seeing a lot of people saying they'd skip the backlot tour, and I had similar comments on one of my threads. Anyone care to share why they dislike that attraction so much? I'm trying to decide if it's worth our time in June or not.

As far as my list:

MK:
Dumbo
Astro Orbiter
Aladdin's Carpets
Barnstormer
SGE (unless there's just nothing else to do with that time)
Meet and greets, unless there is one with minimal wait and it's a character I really want a picture with ;)

Epcot:
Most of the shows at WS (not avoiding them, but not planning my day around them either)
Ellen is a last priority, since we're doing Epcot in two half days instead of a whole day... not devoting 35-45 minutes to it if there's something else we'd rather do

HS:
American Idol
Disney Jr
I would LOVE to skip ToT, but I have a feeling DH won't let that happen

AK:
Pretty much anything other than the treks, safari, Dinosaur, or EE. Since we've never been before, we'll probably do Kali River Rapids and Primeval Whirl. Everything else looks like it's geared for little ones IMO.

Upvote 0

Mukta

Hmm... seeing a lot of people saying they'd skip the backlot tour, and I had similar comments on one of my threads. Anyone care to share why they dislike that attraction so much? I'm trying to decide if it's worth our time in June or not.

As far as my list:

MK:
Dumbo
Astro Orbiter
Aladdin's Carpets
Barnstormer
Meet and greets, unless there is one with minimal wait and it's a character I really want a picture with ;)

Epcot:
Most of the shows at WS (not avoiding them, but not planning my day around them either)
Ellen is a last priority, since we're doing Epcot in two half days instead of a whole day... not devoting 35-45 minutes to it if there's something else we'd rather do

HS:
American Idol
Disney Jr

AK:
Pretty much anything other than the treks, safari, Dinosaur, or EE. Since we've never been before, we'll probably do Kali River Rapids and Primeval Whirl. Everything else looks like it's geared for little ones IMO.

The shows at Epcot are my favorite thing. O Canada, Reflections of China, Off Kilter, Matsuriza etc.

At AK, I highly recommend festival of the lion king (if it is open during your trip) and/or Finding Nemo. The trails are also great. I love watching the gorillas, tigers etc.

Upvote 0

JohnD

MK: Stitch, Speedway (yet to go on it), Princess Fairytale Hall (I'm a 45 yo guy, so . . .), Astro Orbiter, Alladin Magic Carpets

AK: Everything in Dinoland except Dinosaur, Rafikki

Epcot: Energy, Imagination (both need a refurb -- badly)

HS: Jack Sparrow, Disney Jr., Idol

Upvote 0

SMS55

Dining plan. It's a lot of food, but it's also pricey. With food I want value because the food at Disney is over priced.

MK: I skip It's A Small World, Tomorrowland Speedway and Astro Orbitor. We don't skip Alladin because we arrive for rope drop and head to Adventureland first. There's hardly a wait.

EPCOT: Jorney Into Imagination

Hollywood Studios: Backlot Tour. It's not a backlot tour but a graveyard for old movie props.

Animal Kingdom: Nothing I absolutely will skip but if something has a really long line, I'll skip it.

There are others like Peter Pan that if the line is too long I'll skip.

Upvote 0
We always skip:
  • MK: Stitches Great Escape (Do I need to explain?)
  • EC: Ellens Ride and Nemo and Friends (You've done them once, do you need to do them again?)
  • HS: The backlot tour (ditto to the one before)
  • AK: It's a Bug's life (ditto)
Okay now ya'll can rip me apart...

Upvote 0

C.FERNIE

We have a couple of skips to be fair
MK
IASW (just seen it a lot, but this year we will be going on it for the first time in years as my GF has never been to WDW).
Stich just grhhh lol

Epcot
MS - will never get my GF on that even if I love it.
Purple dragon of death lol.

DHS
ToT - hated it as a kid there up straight after so never again!
Rock and Roll - don't think i can get my gf on it!
Hat at the centre - covering my gf's eyes in the hops she doesn't notice it lol
Lights Motors Action - seen it twice think thats enough!

AK
Think everything is safe here love the park!

Upvote 0

Disney Shib

I feel the same way about the dining plan. Skip it.

MK: Indy Cars, AstroOrbiter, Hall Of Presidents (zZzZ I dont even get anything "magical" out of these) lol
HS: Indiana Jones, Extreme Stunt Show (been there done that)
Epcot: Shows in Both China & Canada, Turtle Talk with Crush (snoozefest)
Animal Kingdom: It's A Bug's Life (been there done that)

Upvote 0

mcurtiss

next visit I would skip the DDP

I wouldln't skip anything if my DD wanted to go on it, but I certainly would have no issue skipping the speedway, HOP, Alladin's Carpets, Soarin, and Dinoland

Upvote 0

RMichael21

This is our family's skip list:

Magic Kingdom:
Stitch's Great Escape- Because it's the worst attraction ever.
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor- it eats up a lot of the day and I don't enjoy watching kids have ALL of the fun. :)
Mad Tea Party- Myself, Dad and my mother all suffer from minor motion sickness.
Hall of Presidents- SNOOZE FEST
Tomorrowland Speedway- I can ride that at home at a local amusement park or the local Six Flags
Enchanted Tales with Belle- You do it once, cross it off for a while.
Dumbo the flying Elephant- only reason we rode it on our last trip was because of the new double dumbo.
Aladdin's Magic Carpets- We don't have have small children in our family

Epcot:
(First let me say this, my family doesn't believe that Epcot is a full day park so we are usually there for 5ish hours). :banghead:
Journey into Imagination- Never get to it
Turtle Talk with Crush- Same reason as Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.
Maelstrom- Never get to it :(
Ellen's Energy Adventure- To outdated and long
The World Showcase movies- Never get to them

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
Disney Jr. Live on Stage- We don't have preschoolers in our family
The Backlot Tour- Never Get to it and it's not what it used to be
Muppet Vision 3D- Sadly, we never get to it
Indiana Jones Stunt Show- It's to long and we never get to it
Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show- The times never work out

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Finding Nemo: The Musical- The times never work out in our favor
Triceratops Spin- to similar to Dumbo and we don't have small children in our family

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We will skip:
MK - Fantasyland, Dole Whips
Epcot - Soarin and Space
HS - Tower of Terror and Indy attraction
AK - All we do in this park is the Safari and Dinosaur.

Upvote 0

RubyLee

As far as my list:

MK:
Dumbo
Astro Orbiter
Aladdin's Carpets
Barnstormer

Epcot:

HS:
American Idol
Disney Jr

AK:
I'd recommend backlot if you've never been just to experience it but unfortunately it doesn't hold up with more than one viewing (even on different trips) and the ride is a commitment at 45ish minutes. You can see some costumes & props (my favorite is one of the ships from Return of the Jedi) but overall there isn't a lot to see anymore. I still look for the replica of the Golden Girls house ever time & get sad...

Upvote 0

LucyK

I'd never skip a whole park, specially Animal Kingdom, but I'd understand it's a personal choice.

Things I don't care about and I'd rather skip it:

MK:

Peter Pan - did it once and don't plan on doing again, it's not a favorite.
Barnstormer - I refuse to wait 10 minutes for a 30s ride. If it's a walk on maybe, but otherwise, skip it.
Mad Tea Party - it's the one ride I've never done and don't plan on doing it. I do fine with speed, loopings and everything roller-coaster related but spinning rides are a no-no.
Stitch's - once and done.

EPCOT:
Captain EO - Just no. Never cared for Michael Jackson don't care about this ride.

DHS

LMA - never done it, never will.
Indiana Jones - Once and done.

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

I would skip:
MK-
Peter Pan (tried last visit, can't see why I'd ever do it again); CoP ; Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss Family Treehouse, Dumbo, Barnstormer (all of Storybook Circus actually); Enchanted Tales; M&G - but I could be persuaded to meet Anna and Elsa; Stitch's Great Escape; Mad Tea Party; Carousel; Tomorrowland Speedway, afternoon parades

Epcot-
Captain EO, Soarin', Ellen's Energy etc; most of Innoventions; All nation movies except Canada

DHS-
Star Tours, Indy, LMA show, anything Junior or kiddie related, TSMM, BatB show, Muppets 3D

AK-
Rafiki's Planet Watch, Dino-Rama area, Tough to be a Bug, and never seen Flights of Wonder but not likely to choose it

Upvote 0

Leo!

Here's mine:

MK:
- Stitch
- Tiki Room
- Peter Pan (I won't wait more than 20 minutes for that, and always the wait is more than 50)
- Country Bear (Did it once two trips ago and I think we'll skip it for a long time)

EPCOT:
- CAPIT'N EO (Ugly and bizarre, a waste of time, space, resources...) When disney is going to replace this?
- ELLEN (too long, maybe on rainy days)

DHS:
- American Idol
- Indiana Jones (I saw the show a lot of times and it's always the same)

MK:
- Skiping the whole park since 2010. There's no much to do there.

Upvote 0

DisneyGirl3820

I couldn't agree more with some of your selections, esp.the Dining Plan and character Meet & Greets.
I would also add:

Tiki Room
Captain EO
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
Stitch
Tom Sawyer Island
Carousel of Progress
Hall of Presidents

Last edited:
Upvote 0

acishere

My next trip will be a friends trip with all adults or my relative's kids will all have outgrown them. So the spinners (except maybe Astro Orbiter depending on the wait and timing) are on the skip list.

Also I never got the dining plan and don't see myself getting it in the near future.

For rest park by park:
MK
- Stitch: Didn't want to ride it last time. Wound up almost riding it twice.
- Monsters Inc: I just wasn't feeling it last time
- Hall of Presidents: I think I'll wait until the next president elect is added
- Small World: I got stuck on it once for about 30 minutes. I can never hear the song again.
- Speedway: I can drive. I don't have kids. There is no point right now.

Epcot
- The films in Norway, France, China, Canada
That's it really. Everything else I'll do in Epcot

DHS
- Backlot Tour: Pointless
- LMA: It was okay, I can move on
- American Idol: I'm sick of the TV show, why would I see a live reenactment?
- Legend of Jack Sparrow: Pointless

AK
- The bird show: Enjoyable, but I've seen it enough
- Kali will depend on when I have dinner reservations. If I don't have time to go back and change I'm going to skip it. I like it, but I hate being soggy the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LucyK

In a minority here as we like the DP especially since it means all of our trip is paid for and we don't have to save a bunch of money simply to eat. (As in $250 for the Cali Grill.)
Count me as another one that like the DDP for the ability to have all my meals already paid for when we arrive. Since we book our trip up to an year in advance and pay for it monthly the DDP makes a lot of sense to use because we're not spending all that money at once.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom