Worst Attraction at WDW

Miss Rapunzel

alright I know people will be angry with me for this but I think living with the land at epcot is the worst. followed by the speed way and ellen's energy adventure

ZodIsGr8

One little spark... :)
image.jpg

mimitchi33

Journey Into YOUR Imagination (the 1999 version) There was a child at a place I worked at watching a ride video of that, and I thought to myself "How the heck do kids find this ride entertaining?". I prefer the 80's and modern versions.
Oh, many people who rode that ride wouldn't find that bad. This scene is much worse, my friend. I hope you don't plan on sleeping tonight:
IMG_1856-002.JPG

Last edited:
Journey Into Your Imagination and Journey Into Imagination With Figment! Dr. Nigel Channing and his Imagination Institute suck! Disney needs to bring back the original Journey Into Imagination. The Imaginative, beautiful, and creative one with Dreamfinder & Figment!

DisneyPrincess5

Journey Into Your Imagination and Journey Into Imagination With Figment! Dr. Nigel Channing and his Imagination Institute suck! Disney needs to bring back the original Journey Into Imagination. The Imaginative, beautiful, and creative one with Dreamfinder & Figment!
I never understood why they wouldn't do this due to its following, but would bring back the original Tiki Room?!? I recall that JIYI was axed due to a sponsorship issue I think. Maybe this plays into it.

mimitchi33

I never understood why they wouldn't do this due to its following, but would bring back the original Tiki Room?!? I recall that JIYI was axed due to a sponsorship issue I think. Maybe this plays into it.

The 1999 Journey Into Your Imagination was axed because people hated it. The original Journey Into Imagination was the one axed due to the sponsorship issues. Here's why:
"In 1997, Fujifilm, (Kodak's biggest rival at the time) came to Disney with an offer: make Journey into Imagination into a thrill ride that had nothing to do with imagination. Kodak's sponsorship contract was almost up, and Fujifilm knew that when the contract ran out, Disney would need someone to sponsor the building. Kodak, however, wished to stay with Disney and continue the contract. Kodak realized that in order to compete with Fujifilm, they too must come up with a new attraction to go into the building. Their proposal was to make Journey Into Imagination, already an E-Ticket attraction, into something more scientific. The ride would also be shorter and have cheaper special effects. At the time, Journey Into Imagination was the most expensive ride in Epcot to keep running, despite the fact that it got more visitors in a day than Epcot's flagship ride Spaceship Earth. The guests made it all worthwhile for Disney to keep it running, but Disney still wasn't satisfied with it. It was the most technologically advanced dark ride in history. A roller coaster would mean much more money to build and keep running, and they feared it wouldn't be nearly as popular as Journey Into Imagination. Therefore, by the end of 1997, Disney accepted Kodak's idea.

The new attraction opened in 1999, just in time for the Millennium Celebration. Fans went on the ride with eager hearts, but were dismayed to find that the Dreamfinder, a popular character from the previous ride, was gone. Furthermore, Figment, another popular character, only made cameo appearances until his short dialogue at the end of the ride. They felt that Disney tried too hard to make it like The Imagination Institute and the ride was just a lame tie-in with Honey, I Shrunk The Audience . Some fans became even more outraged when they saw the new downstairs Image Works which focused on visual imagination was really just an ad for Kodak.

Fans decided to take action and boycotted the new imagination ride and Kodak Film. This campaign proved better than the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride protest, mainly because of pressure from Kodak. By the end of 2001, Disney closed the ride and decided to replace it with something more kid-friendly, just in time for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration, bringing Figment back into a more prominent role."

Mr Toad

SGE for sure. Country Bears are in a dire need of an overhaul. It's just painful to see how out of date the animatronics are.

DinoInstitute

Sounds Dangerous at DHS was considered by some to be the worst attraction at WDW. The announced closing of Sounds Dangerous has got me thinking, what's the worst remaining WDW attraction?

My vote is for the Tomorrowland Speedway at MK. My reasons: pollution, noise, slow loading, 52 inch height requirement to drive.

The attraction's theming has nothing to do with Tomorrowland. What does a bunch of smelly, slow moving go-carts have to do with the future?

There are 3 or 4 go-cart places near my house that do a better job, which should be embarrassing for WDW.

There's got to be something better that Disney could put in it's place.
It smells like nostalgia!;)

My least favs...

Stitch

Yah know, I honestly think that if he is gone all of wdw problems will be solved. huh

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Nice! Look forward to seeing it in June with the kids!

Do not raise your expectations more than 5 percent though. The AAs do move much more fantastic and the audio is fixed, but the show was shortened and a couple songs were removed and some really odd looking costumes/wigs were put on the bears.

But... It still does have some charm, and I'm happy they at least noticed it. :)

PhilharMagician

Do not raise your expectations more than 5 percent though. The AAs do move much more fantastic and the audio is fixed, but the show was shortened and a couple songs were removed and some really odd looking costumes/wigs were put on the bears.

But... It still does have some charm, and I'm happy they at least noticed it. :)

What songs were removed?

Chef Mickey

I really miss the old Imagination, but I honestly don't think the new one is that bad...not even close. Not great, but if think it would go from just OK to pretty good if they could figure out a replacement for Nigel...

baloofigment14

My least favorite is probably the Seas with Nemo and Friends ride. Only went on it once, but was not too impressed. Will have to go on it again next trip and see if I change my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom