Disney crowd levels when Diagon Alley opens?

JT3000

Will Kong will be more popular than Potter? I'm not trying to disagree with you. I'm just asking, do you think that will be the case? I was planning on a 2015 trip, that's why I'm asking. Thanks

Not at all. While I like the idea of a Kong attraction, it's not something that's going to bring masses of people to the park. Especially since the movie will be over a decade old by the time anything opens.

mahnamahna101

Will Kong will be more popular than Potter? I'm not trying to disagree with you. I'm just asking, do you think that will be the case? I was planning on a 2015 trip, that's why I'm asking. Thanks

I'm not saying it will be more popular... but 2015 will be Diagon Alley's first full year while Kong is also opening that summer. The combination of the two will bring huge crowds.

I would say both parks will be past 8 million guests after 2015

djlaosc

The current rumor is the JP expansion has been shelved, and that Kong is being fast tracked for a Summer 2015 opening. Also the KidZone redo is supposed to start after Summer this year for a 2016 opening.

With the latest KidZone rumour, does it say what is sticking around? (hopefully E.T.)

mahnamahna101

Why must the Nuthouse Coaster stay?!? It's a bare bones kiddie coaster that pales next to its next door neighbor (Hippogriff). I'd prefer a family coaster go in its place

Disneyhead'71

Why must the Nuthouse Coaster stay?!? It's a bare bones kiddie coaster that pales next to its next door neighbor (Hippogriff). I'd prefer a family coaster go in its place
My guess is the Nut House Coaster gets rethemed, but the coaster stays. USF needs all the kids rides it can get. I just hope they come up with an immersive theme.

mahnamahna101

My guess is the Nut House Coaster gets rethemed, but the coaster stays. USF needs all the kids rides it can get. I just hope they come up with an immersive theme.
Agreed.. but I'd definitely say they could use an immersive one similar to SDMT. Also some sort of unique flat, an E ticket all ages dark ride, and perhaps a new water ride considering how lacking USF is in that department

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
ET, Animal Actors, and Woody's Nut House Coaster should be staying.
I think it may be time for Animal Actors to sh*t or get off the pot. It's not very good, in my book. It needs something more than house pets, a pig, and a monkey.
As for Nuthouse, I dunno if Uni would be keen on taking away the ONE mention of Woody Woodpecker in the parks. It's pretty much the only thing Uni owns and doesn't license.

mahnamahna101

I think it may be time for Animal Actors to sh*t or get off the pot. It's not very good, in my book. It needs something more than house pets, a pig, and a monkey.
As for Nuthouse, I dunno if Uni would be keen on taking away the ONE mention of Woody Woodpecker in the parks. It's pretty much the only thing Uni owns and doesn't license.

A Woody Woodpecker FAMILY coaster (38") with AAs, projections, actual sets similar to Big Thunder or coasters like that would be great! Zany and a lot of fun!

An off-the-shelf Roller-Skater (36") with no theming aside from the Woody Woodpecker figurine on the train and some random whistles in the queue... not so much

I'd prefer they remove Nuthouse Coaster, have Illumination make a Woody Woodpecker movie, and give him a full-fledged ride later on.

John

4th park.......hmmmm this is an interesting concept. My problem of course would be where? Now if space wasn't an issue ( is it even worth discussing?) what type or theme would you think they would go with? Me? You know the more I think about it I think something along the lines of an EPCOT type park might be worthy. Hear me out.....Uni is not about taking the number one spot from Disney and MK. What they do want to do is capture market share. The great thing Uni has going for them is that they can sit and watch what Disney is doing....see whats successful....and just do it better. There was a time when this wasn't possible. Now, not only are they doing it....they are doing it in many ways better. Uni is striving to do better.....to be excellent. There is a bar to reach.

Disney has set the bar and just simply has made a decision to not maintain that level of excellence....its a lot harder to stay on top once you have reached the peak. I think Uni could land a crushing blow with a EPCOT type park. The formula is actually quite simple.....Do Disney better then Disney.

StageFrenzy

Not at all. While I like the idea of a Kong attraction, it's not something that's going to bring masses of people to the park. Especially since the movie will be over a decade old by the time anything opens.

Age of IP or last movie DOES NOT MATTER when it comes to theme park rides! Popularity of rides all come down to the execution or lack thereof for attractions. Great attractions can be based on crappy IPs and crappy attractions can be based on crappy attractions. A popular IP can raise initial awareness and buzz, however once the ride is open IP doesn't matter.

mahnamahna101

Age of IP or last movie DOES NOT MATTER when it comes to theme park rides! Popularity of rides all come down to the execution or lack thereof for attractions. Great attractions can be based on crappy IPs and crappy attractions can be based on crappy attractions. A popular IP can raise initial awareness and buzz, however once the ride is open IP doesn't matter.

That's exactly why the Classic Monsters could get a dark ride and no one would complain about age. Frankenstein and Dracula are timeless. I'd even say Jaws could easily make its way into their water park, while BTTF could easily come back (might need a reboot to explain its existence :D)

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Splash Mountain are based on two obscure Disney films but they provide great attractions

StageFrenzy

That's exactly why the Classic Monsters could get a dark ride and no one would complain about age. Frankenstein and Dracula are timeless. I'd even say Jaws could easily make its way into their water park, while BTTF could easily come back (might need a reboot to explain its existence :D)

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Splash Mountain are based on two obscure Disney films but they provide great attractions

Exactly, but time traveling DeLorean needs no explanation.

JT3000

That's not what I was saying. It was a question of initial allure, not quality. Yes, an old IP can make for a good attraction, the sort of attraction that fosters repeat visitors, but it's not going to have the general public banging down the doors to ride it in the first place. People will need to form an opinion of it first. It's not like Potter in that sense. I say this as someone who would rather watch Kong than any Potter film. It does matter.

Last edited:

Captain Chaos

According to IMDB, there is a Woody Woodpecker movie in production, no date given for release, and no other information which I can see... So, who knows? Maybe.... Just maybe... :)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
According to IMDB, there is a Woody Woodpecker movie in production, no date given for release, and no other information which I can see... So, who knows? Maybe.... Just maybe... :)
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be made by Illumination. Years down the line, probably, but it's on their to-do list.

StageFrenzy

That's not what I was saying. It was a question of initial allure, not quality. Yes, an old IP can make for a good attraction, the sort of attraction that fosters repeat visitors, but it's not going to have the general public banging down the doors to ride it in the first place. People will need to form an opinion of it first. It's not like Potter in that sense. I say this as someone who would rather watch Kong than any Potter film. It does matter.

That is what marketing budgets are for. Expedition Everest was not an IP before the attraction. So Disney held giant marketing events and paid for billboards. People formed an opinion booked trips and came. As far as the giant ape goes, kong is still very much part of our cinematic history and people are still familiar with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom