Disney crowd levels when Diagon Alley opens?

nutsaboutdisneybelfast

Original Poster
Based on the previous Harry Potter opening in 2010 where the crowd levels in Disney any lower during the opening week of the Harry Potter Attraction in Universal. As the opening draws nearer I just want to be as prepared as possible in case it opens when we are in Orlando.

neoshinok

Uni
harry-potter-theme-park-line.jpg

Disney
P01-0003.JPG

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I can see that happening week-of, but, ultimately, it'll probably be beneficial for Disney. A majority of people that come for Uni will also give the Mouse some money.

mahnamahna101

In all honesty, the attendance this summer will pale next to 2015 since Kong is coming back, Diagon Alley will still have a rush factor

KidZone could open fall 2015 so Christmas might be insane... add in all of the future expansions and Universal will probably top DHS/AK in crowd levels while equaling or slightly edging out EPCOT. MK will probably be on top forever or at least until Universal's next park opens :D you know Comcast is going to make sure the 3rd gate has plenty of room for expansion this time around

dufflesmcgee

In all honesty, the attendance this summer will pale next to 2015 since Kong is coming back, Diagon Alley will still have a rush factor

KidZone could open fall 2015 so Christmas might be insane... add in all of the future expansions and Universal will probably top DHS/AK in crowd levels while equaling or slightly edging out EPCOT. MK will probably be on top forever or at least until Universal's next park opens :D you know Comcast is going to make sure the 3rd gate has plenty of room for expansion this time around

4th gate...

cheezbat

OrlandoInformer is saying the water park/theme park hybrid (3rd gate) and an unknown park (4th gate) will be open by 2020 in addition to all of the expansion pads at USF and IOA being filled
That's nothing more than fan speculation. The Waterpark WILL open before 2020, but most insiders are saying a 3rd full blown theme park won't happen in the next six years...it's still in the development stage.

mahnamahna101

That's nothing more than fan speculation. The Waterpark WILL open before 2020, but most insiders are saying a 3rd full blown theme park won't happen in the next six years...it's still in the development stage.

But the water park is rumored to be a theme park hybrid. Some flat rides, log flumes, river rapids, water coasters, etc... are supposed to be included along with the usual slides. And as shown with Kong being moved to 2015, Comcast can change their plans at any moment

71jason

Based on the previous Harry Potter opening in 2010 where the crowd levels in Disney any lower during the opening week of the Harry Potter Attraction in Universal. As the opening draws nearer I just want to be as prepared as possible in case it opens when we are in Orlando.

The effect will be fairly negligible ... things like which park you visit on which day will have a far greater effect on the the crowds at WDW. 20,000 people trying to cram into a single theme park land looks like a lot, but remember, everything else in IoA and Universal that day was a walk-on. Take out the people who would've been at Uni anyway, or the locals who came out, and spread the rest among four parks, not that many people missing from each Disney park, not enough to make a noticeable difference.

That said, looking more and more like June 18 is a lock for the opening (with softs going on weeks before that).

danpam1024

The effect will be fairly negligible ... things like which park you visit on which day will have a far greater effect on the the crowds at WDW. 20,000 people trying to cram into a single theme park land looks like a lot, but remember, everything else in IoA and Universal that day was a walk-on. Take out the people who would've been at Uni anyway, or the locals who came out, and spread the rest among four parks, not that many people missing from each Disney park, not enough to make a noticeable difference.

That said, looking more and more like June 18 is a lock for the opening (with softs going on weeks before that).
Good news! We arrive on the 22- so I guess we will plan to spend a lot of time at HRH or IOA- crowds that big are NO FUN! Maybe we can swing by mid day or early evening or actually take advantage of early access :)

SAV

Dammit...I'm leaving on the 18th and was hoping it would be done after so I don't have to deal with the crowds. It is cool that we'll be there when softs are going on, so maybe a chance at getting on without the mammoth crowds.

Will Kong will be more popular than Potter? I'm not trying to disagree with you. I'm just asking, do you think that will be the case? I was planning on a 2015 trip, that's why I'm asking. Thanks

BigTxEars

We were at IOA the year Potter open. Potter was silly crowded, as in anybody who walked into that mess and stayed needed their head examined IMO. But they did because the rest of IOA was basically all walk ons. We did Potter for maybe 10 mins and left that area.

We also did WDW that year. Not sure if the crowds there were effected, once you took out the 2,000,001 people in the Potter area Uni was fairly empty :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom