Trip Report UPDATE 11/2 "Anyone have change for $100?" It's all about the Bennys, baby! A Girls Cruise TR!

Hey everyone! Since we’ve been back from this trip for over 6 months now and I’ve taken another WDW trip and another cruise, I figured it was time to write this report! I’m not sure I have ever anticipated a trip to WDW more in my life than I anticipated this one! Was it because I was going to be going on my first Disney cruise (and first cruise EVER!!)? Is it because I would finally get to stay at my dream resort, the Polynesian? Was it because I was finally getting to meet all these awesome gals from WDWMagic in person for the first time? Well…. I’d like to think it was a combo of ALL of those things! :)

When I first read about the girls cruise, it was October 2011, almost a full 2 years before the cruise was planned. I did some creeping on the thread before I actually even thought about joining in. I was still sort of “new” to the boards and wasn’t sure I would “fit in” so to speak. The more I read about it, the more fun it sounded. I ran the idea past my mother and my sister to see if they would like to go and sure enough, they were in! We officially booked the first of January! We planned on staying 1 night pre-cruise and 3 nights post cruise so our trip would be Saturday Sept 7-Sunday Sept 15. We rented points for Bay Lake Tower after the cruise and had originally booked Wilderness Lodge for before the cruise. My sister and I decided to switch it up and change WL to the Polynesian because A – It’s my dream resort and B – We wanted to celebrate my Mom’s retirement. So we changed it without her knowing. We were originally going to hide the DME tags from her and tell her on DME since we knew that WL, Contemp, the Poly and GF all shared the same DME. We decided to tell her earlier though at her retirement party. She offered to pay us for her portion but we said no, it was our treat!

Anywho, though the cruise was still over a year and a half away when we booked, the time flew by. Over the course of that year and a half, we had many group chats and chatted in the cruise thread. As the cruise crept closer, I knew that I absolutely could not wait to meet this wonderful group of ladies! I knew it would be the BEST time! And was it ever!!

Saturday Sept 7, 2013 – It’s time! It’s time!!!

My alarm went off bright and early Saturday morning at 2:30am. I was already packed and ready to go so Mom picked us up at 3:30am and we were off! We were flying out of Manchester NH on Southwest. Even though Portland’s airport is literally a mile from our house, Manchester had a non-stop flight, with better flight times and was cheaper. So we made the hour and 20 minutes trek to NH. No biggie!

We arrive at MHT at 5am. We hauled our luggage out of the car (all 10 bags! Eek!!) and waited for the shuttle to the main terminal. The bus driver pulled up and opened the door. As we struggled to get our bags onto the bus, the driver just sat there. No offer to help us, nothing. I have flown out of MHT less than a year earlier and the driver then was super helpful. But not this guy!! Mom got in the bus and we handed all our bags up to her. It took us a few minutes to get everything on and all Mr. Bus Driver did was sit there. This trip was NOT off to a good start! That all changed though after we sat down and “Dude Looks Like a Lady” came on the radio. I immediately thought of Rock N Roller Coaster and the fun week that lay ahead of us and pushed Mr. Bus Driver to the back of my head. I immediately texted @plaz10 and told her. I knew she was awake and either at the airport or on her way and would totally understand my excitement for hearing this song! When we reached the terminal, we schlepped all our bags off and bid Mr. Bus Driver a snarky farewell.

We went into the terminal and the security line was pretty much non-existent. We grabbed some Dunks and waited for boarding.

The flight was uneventful and we landed 20 minutes early! Wooooo!! We arrived at DME, hopped on the bus and headed to WDW at 10:30 on the dot!

Typical DME selfie!!

We're heeeeereeeeee!!

We made a stop at WL first and a part of my heart was sad because we weren’t staying there. As we stopped at the Contemporary, I wondered if we should have just stuck with WL since we knew we liked it. What if we hated the Poly? What if Mom hated it? We knew she loved WL, maybe we shouldn’t have changed it! My mind was busy with these thoughts as we made our way from the Contemp to the Poly, but as we made that right turn, pulled up to the gate and I saw the sign reading Polynesian Resort, all my worries went away. I KNEW we had made the right choice!

We got off the bus and were greeted by the amazing waterfalls and lush greenery of the Poly’s entrance. A CM put lei’s on us and said “welcome home!”. Not going to lie, I teared up just a bit! Mom and Ashley both looked at me waiting for the waterworks but thankfully I had my sunglasses on (It’s kind of a running joke with us that I cry over everything so they always look to see if I’m crying over the smallest little thing! Meanies!!! Haha)

We were led into the lobby where we checked in. The CM was looking for our Magic Bands but I told him we got them already. We had wanted to request Tahiti but it was closed as the Poly was starting to begin it’s refurb! We thought we weren’t going to be able to swim in the volcano pool, but the closure of that was a couple days after we left, so we lucked out! We request Tuvalu instead and were given our request. When we had originally booked, we wanted a standard garden view but when I called, it wasn’t showing up anymore (it was online though) the CM told us she could give us a lagoon view though for just $14 more. Well, you don’t have to twist my arm for that! SOLD! And for only $14 more than a garden view.

We took the long way to Tuvalu so we could take in the grounds of the resort. So beautiful.

We were on the ground floor in Tuvalu room 1413. Mom and Ashley let me open the door and be the first one into the room. As I pushed open the door and walked in, taking in the newly refurbished beautiful room, I could feel the tears again. This time, I didn’t care. I burst into tears and said “I can’t believe we are actually staying here!” Some of you might think I am a little weird, crying because of a resort.. Even though it was only for one night, we were staying at the Polynesian! From my first visit in 2001, when I was just 18 and we saw the luau and I first fell in love with the resort, to the many subsequent trips to Kona Café and Ohana trip after trip, I hoped every time that we would someday be able to stay there! That someday we would be able to just walk back to our room after leaving the Grand Ceremonial House instead of going back to another room at another resort. The Polynesian is more than just a resort to me. It is paradise. It was a place I had my heart set on staying for so many years. A place that I would longingly look at from the monorail as we glided past on the Express beam. I would look down at people wandering the grounds, wondering which building they were staying in and thinking how lucky they were. And now we were the lucky ones! FINALLY!

I took some pictures of the room. I LOVED the size of it!

And I loved the bathroom. The only thing I didn’t like, and I believe @fractal mentioned this in his TR too, that the hook for the towel was on the other side of the wall, next to the toilet. Made it a little hard to reach the towel! Also I wasn’t a fan of the sink IN the bathroom, probably since we’re so used to the sink being outside the bathroom but it was only for one night so it wasn’t really an issue.

The closets were cool and we loved having the couch in the room. Ashley was the tough luck loser who had the couch that night while Mom and I each had the bed. Ahhhhh, lucky us! (I wouldn’t be laughing later on in the trip when I was climbing up and down from the pull down bed on the cruise though…. Meh.)

I had yet to look out at the view, so I pulled the curtains back and actually gasped when I saw the view. Slightly to the left was the wedding pavilion and the Grand Floridian. To the right was the boat dock and the Contemporary and straight ahead was Cinderella Castle. We couldn’t see TOO much of it but had Wishes been scheduled for that night, it would have been perfect. Unfortunately, it was Night of Joy and there were no fireworks. Booooo!! We had other plans anyway but had we not, it would have been awesome to watch Wishes from our patio! (Spoiler alert, we ended up NOT having plans later that night so it was very much a bummer that Wishes wasn’t happening!)

We were starving at that point and didn’t have plans until later that afternoon, so we changed into our swimsuits and headed to the GCH. It was time to try Captain Cook’s!!

There were a couple things I wanted to try but most importantly, I wanted to try the Poly chip! Jess ( @plaz10 ) and I had been discussing these beauties for a bit before the cruise. She was staying at Bay Lake Tower with Siobhan ( @Tiggerish ) that night but we made plans to meet up a bit later. I opted for the Aloha Pork Sandwich which came with Asian slaw on top and the Poly chips!

Ashley got the chicken sandwich and fries and I can’t remember what Mom got. The pork sandwich was delish!! And the Poly chips… Oh Mylanta! Were those delicious! I’m eating some Wasabi almonds right now but boy do I wish I were eating those chips instead! The chips were the first of MANY ridiculously good foods I was going to try over the course of the trip! Ashley like her chicken sandwich and Mom liked… whatever it was that she got!! Lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
After finishing up out lunch, we headed over to the beach to get some chairs and to swim in the volcano pool! As we were slathering on sunscreen, I wanted to take a picture with my phone…. Only I couldn’t find it! I looked all through our stuff as well as under and around the chairs. It was gone!! I think my heart literally stopped. I knew I had just had it over at the table. In a panic I ran over to the table, no one was sitting there but it wasn’t on the table or anywhere around it. I went back over to our chairs and my sister had whipped out her phone and we used the Find My iPhone app to see if we could locate it. It showed it was still somewhere at the Poly so that was good. Means someone hadn't run off with it yet! With our ear to the ground, Ashley set off the alarm so that my phone would beep. I’m sure we looked really ridiculous walking ever so slowly around the pool deck, back up to the seating area outside Captain Cook’s, crouching every now and then to see if we could hear the phone. As approached our table where we had eaten, still nothing. I was ready to cry!! Until I heard a faint beeping sound. My phone!! But where was it? We couldn’t see it anywhere. And then I turned around.. The trashcan! I ran over to the trash can and pushed open the flap and peered inside. I could hear my phone beeping inside the trashcan. I couldn’t see it and there was no way I was reaching In there to fish it out. I went inside Captain Cook’s and explained to the woman inside what had happened. She came out and opened the trashcan for me so I could retrieve my phone. I felt like a complete idiot, but I’m sure they’ve seen and heard worse.
With my phone in hand, we headed back over to the beach area where Mom was still sitting. We decided we would joke with her and tell her we couldn’t find it so I hid the phone in my bathing suit. When we got over to her, I put on a little fake mini-meltdown and told her it was lost. She called me a liar and said she saw me stuff it in my bathing suit. Dang! Almost got her! Lol

The pool wasn’t too crowded so Ashley and I decided to try out the slide. It was fun! The fact it is in pretty much complete darkness makes it that much cooler! We swam around and I got Mom to go down the slide once. Once was enough for her. I went down again alone. Then we decided to get a drink at the pool bar. What I wanted wasn’t on the menu anymore (Paradise Punch). Boooo!! :( I’m sure they could’ve made it but I went with a Mai Tai instead.

Either Mom or Ashley got a Banana Cabana (I don’t remember who) and someone got something else I don’t remember. They were all yummy though!

There were some trivia games going on at the pool and balloon tosses. I checked Facebook and Instagram and slowly but surely the rest of the WDWMagic were arriving in Florida or getting ready to start their journey. It was hard to believe that in under 24 hours we would all be together on the Disney Dream! The sun was shining and we were in Disney! You just can’t beat it! :)

We hung around the pool for a little while longer and headed back to the room around 2pm. We showered and got ready for our late afternoon plans. @plaz10 texted me to let me know she was on her way over to the Poly. We made plans to meet at Captain Cook’s. We had an ADR at Epcot at 4:30 so we left the room around 3 and headed to the GCH. I spotted Jess and we all hugged. Awww! It was super awesome to meet her in person after talking to her on here and via Facebook, text, for so long. We took a picture to send to @blackthidot and chatted a few minutes. Since she wanted her Poly chips and we had to get going, we said our see you real soons and headed back outside.

Obligatory picture in front of the waterfall! The waterfall that is being taken down :(

We decided to walk over to the TTA and catch the monorail there.

I didn’t realize how close the station was to the Poly. It as a beautiful walk. The Poly grounds are so gorgeous and it was very peaceful.

The monorail ride was nice and relaxing. It felt weird not rushing to the parks first thing when we arrived but it was nice. This trip was going to be a lot more relaxing than previous trips we’ve taken! We arrived at Epcot around 4pm. I had to take some pics of SSE!

We had half an hour before our ADR so we headed towards the Land. We had FPs set up already on our Magic Bands for Soarin, Test Track and priority seating for Illuminations. Dark clouds were moving in and no sooner than we got inside did it start pouring. Good thing we got there when we did!

Tiggerfanatic

OMG your phone story made me laugh, but not too hard because I did the exact same thing with mine a couple weeks ago! I thought I left it in the WalMart restroom. Thankfully, it was still in the house - I had laid it down in the middle of doing something else and forgot. Did get my heart pumping though.

Just loving this report and all your pictures. Keep 'em coming!

TheMouseFan

So glad you finally started this report!! I'm anxiously reading all of the new cruise reports that are popping up to get some pointers for our June trip! Can't wait to read more!

PartOfYourWorld

Isn't it so sad about the waterfall?? It currently my background on my laptop and when I saw Tiki man post a picture of it basically drained on facebook it made me so sad :(

The Poly grounds are gorgeous....you took some great pics!!!! Like you the Poly has a spot in my heart now...still doesn't beat the Boardwalk, but it's getting harder and harder to pick a favorite resort!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Hey D - looking forward to this. Youre bringing back a lot of good memories about the poly. I feel the exact same way about the place. I was always dying to stay there and we finally stayed there it was really overwhelming.....i mean i didnt cry or anything...are you saying i cried??? I didnt cry.

Seriously it was one of our best stays at the World. We were in tahiti long house and having the TTC in our backyard was freakin awesome.

Loved the phone story but Uhmm.. Did you explain how your phone ended up in the trash??

Anyway - great pics looking forward to the cruise part!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
OMG your phone story made me laugh, but not too hard because I did the exact same thing with mine a couple weeks ago! I thought I left it in the WalMart restroom. Thankfully, it was still in the house - I had laid it down in the middle of doing something else and forgot. Did get my heart pumping though.

Just loving this report and all your pictures. Keep 'em coming!

Isn't it the worst when you think you've lost your phone?! It's funny and sad at the same time because really it's only a little machine but honestly, if I lost my phone, I would have lost a LOT of important stuff (photos, emails, etc..)

So glad you finally started this report!! I'm anxiously reading all of the new cruise reports that are popping up to get some pointers for our June trip! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading! I bet you are getting excited for your trip! :) I just started editing the cruise photos so hopefully I"ll have those posted in the next day or two!!

Isn't it so sad about the waterfall?? It currently my background on my laptop and when I saw Tiki man post a picture of it basically drained on facebook it made me so sad :(

The Poly grounds are gorgeous....you took some great pics!!!! Like you the Poly has a spot in my heart now...still doesn't beat the Boardwalk, but it's getting harder and harder to pick a favorite resort!

The waterfall is my FAVORITE part of the Poly. It's what I remember most about my first visit there in 2001. We went for the luau for my cousins birthday. I remember thinking hor beautiful it was and how it fit perfectly. Hopefully they give the lobby something equally as nice!

The more deluxe resorts I stay at, the harder it is for me to pick a favorite as well! So far we've stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Poly, Boardwalk Villas and Bay Lake Tower. BLT is NOT a favorite at all but the other 3 are awesome. Honestly, after staying at the Poly, I think WL edges it out juuuuust a little! I think... Maybe... Ahhhhh, I don't know, I love them both! lol

Hey D - looking forward to this. Youre bringing back a lot of good memories about the poly. I feel the exact same way about the place. I was always dying to stay there and we finally stayed there it was really overwhelming.....i mean i didnt cry or anything...are you saying i cried??? I didnt cry.

Seriously it was one of our best stays at the World. We were in tahiti long house and having the TTC in our backyard was freakin awesome.

Loved the phone story but Uhmm.. Did you explain how your phone ended up in the trash??

Anyway - great pics looking forward to the cruise part!

Ohhhh just admit it! You cried!!! haha ;) We really wanted Tahiti but it was closed when we were there so Tuvalu it was! While I liked Tuvalu for the view, I think I would like a garden view better in maybe Samoa. That seems to be right smack dab in the midle of everything. Tuvalu we had to walk around the marina to get to everything which wasn't TOO bad but kind of a pain.

And my phone ended up in the trash (I think!) because it was on my tray when I threw my trash away!! I'm seriously surprised I haven't lost my phone more than that! I'm always forgetting where it is! As I was writing that part I thought to myself, I've actually never lost a phone completely. I've always found it *knock on wood!* I did break one once but that was my own faut cause I smashed it on the ground. Oops! haha

I love your Jason Aldean FENWAY t-shirt. My fiance and I were there too. And great pictures so far! Keep them coming.

Thanks!! My sister took me for my birthday! Our seats were 10 rows from the stage but they were in front of where the stage came down in the middle so we ended up being right in the front there. Jack Owen took a swig of my sisters beer and took a selfie with us! haha. It was a great show!

Thanks for reading! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Now, I want to take this opportunity to point out that my sister saw me editing these pictures from this trip and absolutely forbid me to post any of her in this trip report. I told her she was clearly nuts if she thought I wouldn't post them. I couldn't omit her! The reason is - after this trip, she dropped 30lbs and hates the way she looks in pictures from this trip. I have 2 more reports to post after this one so if you follow along, you will see her transformation! She looks great now, not that she didn't before, she just doesn't like the pictures from this trip.

Anywho... onward!!

It was about 4:10 and there were still FPs for Soarin left!! And they were valid beginning at 6:30pm. Yes please! I was surprised they had some left so late in the day! This would be a foreshadowing of things to come and how not crowded the parks were! We grabbed FPs and checked in at Garden Grille a few minutes early. We were seated within 5 minutes AND we were seated on the bottom level. SCORE!! We hadn’t been to GG in years (not since they had a character breakfast back in 2000!) so we were pretty excited to try dinner based on the good reviews we had heard. And it definitely lived up to our expectations.

Before we got our drinks, Pluto came over to say hi! Love this pup!!

Our waiter was really good, though I don't remember his name :( He brought us out the salad and rolls and butter. The butter was so good and the salad was fresh and delicious!

The next course was brought out and that consisted of turkey with a lemon caper sauce and stuffing, fish (tilapia) with a tomato compote, fresh vegetables, filet of beef and mashed potatoes. I took a little bit of everything. I had never had tilapia but I figured it was there in front of me, why not try it?! Ashley even tried it too. Here is proof!

After that we made her promise to try something new everyday on the cruise. She’s not a very adventurous eater. Then again, neither am I but I’ll try pretty much everything once.
A few minutes later, Dale came by!

We ate some more and our waiter brought out seconds of the turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes. All of the food was VERY good. The vegetables were fresh, the turkey was not dry and very flavorful. The stuffing was yummy, the tilapia was good (I think. Tasted good to me!) and the steak was cooked perfectly. It was juicy and not overdone. The mashed potatoes were amazing. Who doesn't love mashed potatoes though right?

The man himself came over after that. The one and only farmer Mickey! (I just realized the dark background makes the absolute WORST background for Mickey cause it looks like he has no ears! lol)

ml123_9

Enjoying the TR. Your photo's look great. I didn't realize GG had got better. The few times we've thought about trying it, the reviews were so-so. Can't wait to read about the cruise. Just one question though, is this TR going to take a year to complete? Thanks, look forward to the next update.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Enjoying the TR. Your photo's look great. I didn't realize GG had got better. The few times we've thought about trying it, the reviews were so-so. Can't wait to read about the cruise. Just one question though, is this TR going to take a year to complete? Thanks, look forward to the next update.

Thanks! Yes, GG was really good. The food wasn't ridiculously amazing or anything like that, but it was really yummy! And hopefully this won't take a year to compelete! I've already written most of it and edited a bunch of the photos. My internet at my house will be the determining factor in how long it takes since it wasn't letting me upload ANY photos to photobucket last night! :(

plaz10

Thanks! Yes, GG was really good. The food wasn't ridiculously amazing or anything like that, but it was really yummy! And hopefully this won't take a year to compelete! I've already written most of it and edited a bunch of the photos. My internet at my house will be the determining factor in how long it takes since it wasn't letting me upload ANY photos to photobucket last night! :(

I totally agree on GG. Bill picked it for one of his ADRs in 2012. We surprisingly really liked it! The food wasn't out of this world but it wasn't bad by any means - actually pretty good for a family style meal! And the character interaction was great and we both LOVE Living with the Land so that also helped. Very much enjoyed our GG experience!

Can't wait to read the rest!

Disneyfalcon

Yay! You started! :)

I love the anticipation and build up!! We all probably felt the same things!

Your "moment" walking into your room at the Poly was awesome. Totally awesome. And what a great view!

I really don't like the resorts with sinks in the bathrooms either. It makes it much harder to get ready at the same time!

You threw away your phone?!! Oh my goodness! I can totally see that happening though. I'm so glad you figured out how to find it!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I totally agree on GG. Bill picked it for one of his ADRs in 2012. We surprisingly really liked it! The food wasn't out of this world but it wasn't bad by any means - actually pretty good for a family style meal! And the character interaction was great and we both LOVE Living with the Land so that also helped. Very much enjoyed our GG experience!

Can't wait to read the rest!

You mean the restaurant Bill picked out from the list of choices you gave him? ;) haha I kid, I kid. I was pleasantly surprised as well! Not a must do every time for us, but we will definitely go again!

Yay! You started! :)

I love the anticipation and build up!! We all probably felt the same things!

Your "moment" walking into your room at the Poly was awesome. Totally awesome. And what a great view!

I really don't like the resorts with sinks in the bathrooms either. It makes it much harder to get ready at the same time!

You threw away your phone?!! Oh my goodness! I can totally see that happening though. I'm so glad you figured out how to find it!!

I think half of it was anticipation like "oh my gosh I can't wait to meet everyone!!!" and the other half was anticipation like "oh my gosh, what if they don't like me?! What if I don't like them?!" lol :)

I'm pretty sure I'm going have that same "moment" when I walk under the train station, into town square at Disneyland NEXT WEEK! Ahhhhh!!

Yeah, how awesome is the iPhone that they have that app on there?! It's so genius!

HouCuseChickie

What an awesome view from your room!!! All of this is really making me wish the Poly refurb was ending before our next trip. Your phone incident totally sounds like something I'd do. Can't wait to read more!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We still hadn't seen Chip, but he came by shortly. This is one of my most favorite Disney pictures ever! Love it!

Chip was telling Ashley he really likes the rolls and asked where his was.

My turn!!

Pluto came back to say bye!

No pics of dessert! Don't know why! It was a berry cake with vanilla bean ice cream and it was REALLY good! Overall, Garden Grill exceeded our expectations and we will definitely be back. Maybe not every trip, but definitely every other for sure!

After we settled up the check, we headed downstairs and rode Living with the Land. I opted not to take pics this time and just enjoy the ride. After that, we headed over to see everyone;s favorite lovable fellow Figment! While waiting in line, we were behind a woman who looked like she was ready for a night on the town. You can kind of see it in this picture, she had some sort of head accessory that was pretty large. In the second picture you can sort of see the high heeled shoes she was wearing. I was trying to be sneaky about the pics s the second one is blurry. How can those shoes be comfortable?! I digress though...

We headed back over to the Land pavilion to use both our Soarin' fastpasses. It was a beautiful night at Epcot.

After Soarin, we headed over and rode Spaceship Earth. It was glorious. We stopped at Mouse Gears to look around and see if there was anything new since May. We didn't buy anything though. It was time for our Test Track FP+, so we headed over that way. It was good. I don't mind the changes they made to it. It's still fun to me!

Our next FP was for Illuminations and it gave a return time of 8:25pm (I think) By the time we got there, they had already starting letting people in. For those who don't know where the priority seating is, it's at International Plaza, right next to the store across from where Duffy meets. I think this is a very odd place to have the priority seating because by the time we got there, the only spots left were behind big bushes. Ummmmm, no thanks! Had we known they were going to let people in early, we would have gotten there early. They need to be more strict with the return times, I think. I was pretty mad that we wasted a FP on that. We decided to stop over in Mexico because Ashley was looking for a wooden, painted chihuahua but they didn't have any. I think Mexico is my favorite pavilion. I love the marketplace inside. Morocco is a close second though! We decided to leave and head back to the resort since the place we normally sit (right across from the margarita stand in Mexico) was full of people waiting for Illuminations. We took the monorail to the TTC and walked back to the Poly. The resort was so pretty at night with all the tiki torches lit up.

We made a stop at Boutiki so I could get a Polynesian tumbler. This would be my tumbler for my drinks on the cruise! I also stopped at Captain Cook's and got a Dole Whip. Because you can't stay at the Poly and NOT get a Dole Whip! It would be SO un-Disney of me! :D

We got our stuff together for the morning and were in bed by 10:30. We had to get up early to meet everyone for breakfast! The only bad thing was Night of Joy was going on over at the Magic Kingdom and they were having performances by different bands and it was LOUD! I could hear the music clearly. We turned on the fan to help block out the noise, but then I got cold. Cold or loud music... I threw on a sweatshirt and drifted off to sleep, the one and only night I would stay at my dream resort this trip :)

Cesar R M

Now, I want to take this opportunity to point out that my sister saw me editing these pictures from this trip and absolutely forbid me to post any of her in this trip report. I told her she was clearly nuts if she thought I wouldn't post them. I couldn't omit her! The reason is - after this trip, she dropped 30lbs and hates the way she looks in pictures from this trip. I have 2 more reports to post after this one so if you follow along, you will see her transformation! She looks great now, not that she didn't before, she just doesn't like the pictures from this trip.

Anywho... onward!!

It was about 4:10 and there were still FPs for Soarin left!! And they were valid beginning at 6:30pm. Yes please! I was surprised they had some left so late in the day! This would be a foreshadowing of things to come and how not crowded the parks were! We grabbed FPs and checked in at Garden Grille a few minutes early. We were seated within 5 minutes AND we were seated on the bottom level. SCORE!! We hadn’t been to GG in years (not since they had a character breakfast back in 2000!) so we were pretty excited to try dinner based on the good reviews we had heard. And it definitely lived up to our expectations.

Before we got our drinks, Pluto came over to say hi! Love this pup!!

Our waiter was really good, though I don't remember his name :( He brought us out the salad and rolls and butter. The butter was so good and the salad was fresh and delicious!

The next course was brought out and that consisted of turkey with a lemon caper sauce and stuffing, fish (tilapia) with a tomato compote, fresh vegetables, filet of beef and mashed potatoes. I took a little bit of everything. I had never had tilapia but I figured it was there in front of me, why not try it?! Ashley even tried it too. Here is proof!

After that we made her promise to try something new everyday on the cruise. She’s not a very adventurous eater. Then again, neither am I but I’ll try pretty much everything once.
A few minutes later, Dale came by!

We ate some more and our waiter brought out seconds of the turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes. All of the food was VERY good. The vegetables were fresh, the turkey was not dry and very flavorful. The stuffing was yummy, the tilapia was good (I think. Tasted good to me!) and the steak was cooked perfectly. It was juicy and not overdone. The mashed potatoes were amazing. Who doesn't love mashed potatoes though right?

The man himself came over after that. The one and only farmer Mickey! (I just realized the dark background makes the absolute WORST background for Mickey cause it looks like he has no ears! lol)

oh lol, love that envious look at her food! XD
I do that too when I see something delicious! XD(before stealing some with a fork)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom