News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

In the Parks
No
You know a piece is filled with Disney's fluff when they forget to exclude the lack of significant investment between 2006 - 2012 (I would say 2017, as New Fantasyland should have been a project much earlier after 20K removal) atWDW
They're also counting the already-completed Epcot overhaul as part of the $60B.

JMcMahonEsq

Including the Moana ride in Epcot :)
Hey make fun of the Moana water experience all you want. It was very well done. Doesn't require an ILL or G+, creates some great photo opportunities, and for younger kids is a great time sink playing with the water guitars and other interactive features. Guardians of the Galaxy it is not, but its still a pretty nice addition.

Gusey

Hey make fun of the Moana water experience all you want. It was very well done. Doesn't require an ILL or G+, creates some great photo opportunities, and for younger kids is a great time sink playing with the water guitars and other interactive features. Guardians of the Galaxy it is not, but its still a pretty nice addition.
I'm not making fun of Journey of Water, I'm glad it's in the park and adds something to that area. I was making fun of the article referring to it as a ride when it is a walkthrough attraction. From the article:
The World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and the renovation of EPCOT, with new rides around Ratatouille and Moana.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and the renovation of EPCOT, with new rides around Ratatouille and Moana.

It should have been, I would guess: "...with new rides around Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Note I used Segments purposefully;

View attachment 779326

Entertainment, even with its no good, very bad year, was still making money. Removing a 2.5B deficit from DTC in that segment will help dramatically, even if linear declines underneath. Assuming, you know, DTC doesn’t actually improve further. Like I think it will (Hulu, price hikes, subscriber gains, unrealized cost cutting, etc)

Not exactly “free flowing” like Niagara Falls there…

More like Shaboygan Falls

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not making fun of Journey of Water, I'm glad it's in the park and adds something to that area. I was making fun of the article referring to it as a ride when it is a walkthrough attraction. From the article:
With no demand

We walked through it with hardly anyone around…but that might have just been a slow day…

I think it was 12/31

BrianLo

Not exactly “free flowing” like Niagara Falls there…

More like Shaboygan Falls

As I said, I was talking about now, with the example of where we were last year. Last fiscal year Entertainment included a 2.5 billion deficit from D+. This year we're looking at 4+ billion, even if the Studios are another royal bust. Every segment is self-funding, every segment has plenty of money to screw things up with - the myth I was trying to dispel.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As I said, I was talking about now, with the example of where we were last year. Last fiscal year Entertainment included a 2.5 billion deficit from D+. This year we're looking at 4+ billion, even if the Studios are another royal bust. Every segment is self-funding, every segment has plenty of money to screw things up with - the myth I was trying to dispel.
Oh I don’t disagree…one of the big myths is “they can’t build new rides cause Willow bombed on D+…”

Not at all…two different things.

They can’t build rides because their 24 year old analysts would rather raise the price on upsell tickets for 40 year old rides rather than make the day to day tickets a better deal.

Priorities

Moth

Some press has gone out regarding the investment, mostly stuff we have heard before (it drills in over and over that almost all of the additions will be IP related), there are some tidbits on the IPs that are going to prioritized in it (Black Panther, Coco, Encanto and something Frozen related for California are mentioned and the possibility of collaborating with Epic Games on parks related projects are brought up). In addition, some behind the scenes stuff in regards to how they work with the movie/tv side to see if certain projects are theme parkable or not, how a recession will be disney's excuse to not invest and how theme parks are a growth buisness at the moment.
EPIC GAMES PRESENTS.... THE PLAY! PAVILION!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom