New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Brian

But not in the same vein as universals? They will just be doing the consultations and deciding if you qualify? Will they require documentation?
Only when necessary, as a sort of third-party consultant. The guests will consult with a specialized (Disney) team trained in handling these types of requests and overall helping guests with disabilities plan their visit. DAS may not always be the accommodation offered by this team, depending upon each guest's individual circumstances.

The accommodation may be things available in the park already, such as many queues which can accommodate mobility devices, special dietary needs at restaurants, etc. There will also be new options available to these CMs to accommodate guests who once qualified for DAS but no longer do under the new, more limited criteria.

No documentation will be requested.

Good change for the better. But it's going to be difficult for people not knowing about the pre-visit registration ahead of time. Operationally I think it makes the process much more difficult to people who actually need the service.
It will be a challenge, but nothing that can't be resolved with a little patience and a willingness to go through the process. Guests will not be denied DAS based on failing to register pre-arrival.

tissandtully

It’s not a solution because it pushes Disney toward breaking the law.

There’s a reason Epic Universe isn’t a virtual queue only park.
I do love VBs VQ but you gotta get there early if you wanna get line for anything other than the Aqua Coaster if you are planning on doing that. VQ still benefits planners and early arrivers.

Andrew25

It will be a challenge, but nothing that can't be resolved with a little patience and a willingness to go through the process. Guests will not be denied DAS based on failing to pre-register.
This is where the bulk of abuse will be cut. If you have a serious disability, along with proper documentation, I wouldn't be worried at all. Disney will accommodate you accordingly.

They just want to make the process a bit more than just showing up at guest services and requesting it. They want people to know this is a serious issue, not something that can be requested and approved at guest services under 10 minutes.

monothingie

I'm both Crunchy and Delicious!
Premium Member
Guests will not be denied DAS based on failing to register pre-arrival.
Good to hear, but then what's the point of the pre-registration then if they'll let you still do it in person day of? The announcement made it seem like you have to pre-register between 30 and 2 days before only.

tissandtully

BTW, It isn't just guests, but CM and CPers are significant abusers of DAS. Cases of a CM spending 8 hours working at Slinky Dog Dash on Monday, visiting the park on Tuesday, and then saying they need DAS to wait in line.
I used to trade hot dogs with the ride TMs at Hulk for front of line when I worked at IoA when it first opened lol, we all do dumb things.

MagicHappens1971

Good to hear, but then what's the point of the pre-registration then if they'll let you still do it in person day of? The announcement made it seem like you have to pre-register between 30 and 2 days before only.
It’s the delegation of moving who’s responsible for DAS registration. Instead of going to in park GR, you’ll have to then do the virtual chat. I just hope they make it mobile friendly for guests who will need to do it in the park. I would say the overwhelming majority of guests who NEED DAS probably already utilize pre-registration and this will have little to no effect for them

Comped

This is where the bulk of abuse will be cut. If you have a serious disability, along with proper documentation, I wouldn't be worried at all. Disney will accommodate you accordingly.

They just want to make the process a bit more than just showing up at guest services and requesting it. They want people to know this is a serious issue, not something that can be requested and approved at guest services under 10 minutes.
The way this is worded, even though I have documentation, it no longer seems like the system would allow me to have the same level of access I once did, because my disability is not autism related, and while I do possibly have something that could be classified as a developmental disability... It is physical rather than mental in nature, and I'm not sure if they will recognize that as valid under this new system, even though both the CDC and Wikipedia claim it is a developmental disability and should be allowed under that. Hell it's not even my primary disability...

Brian

Good to hear, but then what's the point of the pre-registration then if they'll let you still do it in person day of?
The advantage is that the process, which could take quite a while to complete if there's sufficient day-of demand, could be completed and all setup for you in advance of your arrival, so you can get right to doing what you want to do in the park. Disney is really pushing pre-arrival consults to ensure that all needs, not just DAS, are taken care of in advance.

The announcement made it seem like you have to pre-register between 30 and 2 days before only.
Pre-arrival registration under the current scheme is limited to between 30 and 2 days. Those wishing to register a day in advance or day of have to go to Guest Relations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom