News Test Track to be reimagined

wedenterprises

Love the new canopy. You can see the building again!

I'm shocked this is happening so soon (also a bit sad as it will be closed for my trip and it's one of my favourite rides) but I'm all for it.

I have a feeling this will be a fairly quick turnaround, in Disney standards. Scenery and an awning...nothing major to the ride track or vehicles, or exterior such as Tiana/Splash.

Maybe reopen Spring 2026?

James Alucobond

I am genuinely curious what the story is. Pulling back from WOM seems to indicate the whole “test track” element may be downplayed? They are keeping the name so I’m curious how they blend those two.
You could do a walk through the history of the automobile and the technological advancements that made it what it is today. The tests could be of technology past and present that they “add” to your vehicle throughout the ride, culminating in the final ride outside with a modern auto.

SplashJacket

I'm shocked this is happening so soon (also a bit sad as it will be closed for my trip and it's one of my favourite rides) but I'm all for it.

I have a feeling this will be a fairly quick turnaround, in Disney standards. Scenery and an awning...nothing major to the ride track or vehicles, or exterior such as Tiana/Splash.

Maybe reopen Spring 2026?
1.0 to 2.0 took 8 months from April to December 2012.

I strongly suspect a 2025 reopening.

WhyteAL

Wasn't the canopy made a bit after (my memory is a bit shot after so many years of drinking around the world)...and wasn't it made in order to keep the outside queue in some sort of shade? I love Epcot but during summer it's a rough park to do in the heat.

I know it takes away from the view but there should be some sort of shade helping the outside queue even if it's made lower in order to better display the building architecture. What I see in the picture doesn't seem to go out very far.

co10064

Premium Member
If they don't make any changes to the track itself (and I don't believe they will), it will be interesting to see what show scenes could be incorporated. For example, the straight-away/weather section seem to be very story specific right now.

TTA94

Removing the canopy is good news but otherwise it seems like nothing else is changing on the outside. I am one who also would like to seen the track somehow enclosed and it’s a bit surprising due to weather that they would not want to enclose it or cover it similar to Tron. IMO the back portion of the track is what really needs to be covered due to the parking lot and backstage views.

I have a feeling this redo will again keep the same track layout and they’ll add a bunch of boreing screens. However anything will be an improvement of whats there now, especially the chamber sections that they butchered from the original version.

In the Parks
No
I hope we get Bill McKim back, as well as the woman who tried to kill us:
1712334010500.png

James Alucobond

I don’t care if they enclose it, but I do hope they give a bit more consideration to the sightlines of the exterior portion this time. Just some strategically-placed visibility shields along the right side of the track at certain points would do wonders, and some sort of setpiece at the current location of the paved Test Track symbol the track loops around would help draw the eye away from the outside. Since there seem to be more natural elements inside, maybe just some sort of rockwork spire?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom