Trip Report A New Hope, A New Day *COMPLETED*

That’s not a Star Wars reference.

Longtime readers of my trip reports know Star Wars isn’t my thing (although I immensely enjoy Rise of the Resistance.)

Fireworks are my thing. 💥 Like a moth to a flame, I am instinctively drawn to bursts of brilliant sparkles and colors in the sky. Just ask my family how quickly I’ve stopped whatever I’m doing to find the source of nighttime booms! I have serious fireworks FOMO.

Disney fireworks....especially Magic Kingdom fireworks....always flood me with nostalgia, happy memories and hope. After a long pandemic year, I know I am not alone in my yearning for hope of better days ahead.

Every step we take
Brings a new hope
A new day

The return of Disney fireworks, for me, is a sign that things are improving. Hooray!!

But there won’t be any pyro on my upcoming trip. And that’s ok. This vacation was booked with the assumption there would be no nighttime entertainment. (However when rumors began to suggest fireworks in July…..well let’s just say there might be another reservation in MDE for us.)

Who’s us?

877B7809-2BB7-4CEE-A5F3-9DB3FA569FE9.jpeg

Mother/daughter travel buddies, Tuvalu and Em. We last visited together in early April. We were there the day the mask mandate was dropped for stationary pictures.

Today the mask mandate for all those vaccinated has been suspended and we couldn’t be happier! We won’t have to be shrouded in a daft disguise again this summer! 😉

I am not planning to do a full live report but may post a daily update. I’ll fill in the details when our vacation is over.

T-minus 3 days.
June 19 - 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Will any other Magicians make an appearance? Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We never got to the Country Bears this trip. :( Brad doesn't like it, except to nap, so whenever I suggested it he always said maybe later which meant never.
programming not gonna happen GIF

At first glance, I thought it was an Annie Oakley impersonator. :hilarious: Dress, long curly hair, sun hat, her purse reminded me of a gun stock and the way she’s grabbing the strap looked like someone holding a gun barrel over their shoulder. I guess Annie Oakley is fitting for Frontierland though lol.
lisa simpson GIF

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 572222

You said cheesy brisket? Where's the cheese? Is it mixed in? I feel like the old Wendy's commercial of where's the beef, except where's the cheese?
Gibbs GIF by CBS

I admit to feeling angry when I opened the box…no cheese?!! And I knew there was no one to complain to, and no place to take it back (similar to my Finger Foods meal the other day.)

But once I stuck my fork in the meat I could see that whatever cheese was used had melted into the brisket. It wasn’t very cheesy though.

We had the cheesy brisket when we ate at the bar a week and a half ago, and I remember more cheese and definitely a larger serving of brisket and chips.
I felt ripped off (the portion size for the price.)

slipperalwaysfits

My brother was in town on business and we met at his cottage. Our plan had been to walk to dinner but with the uncertainty of more inclement weather we opted to drive.
How nice to be able to see your brother!
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what we could call @Tuvalu and Woody, but thing sounds good. Tuvaloody, maybe?
What about Woovalu?
The long trek back to our room….now for the 4th time this morning….did not help my mood. Poor Em was the victim of my tirade. She suggested we change for the pool and go relax.

Em is a wise woman.
Ohhhhh...I spy Em reading a new book...what was it? This teacher has gotten through 9 books this summer so far....here's hoping I hit double-digits on the plane to WDW!
We popped into Starbucks so Em could buy a mug. Starbucks gift cards are a very popular teacher gift and Em has more Starbucks $$ than she can possibly drink.
YES!!! I love all the free coffee the families gift us with! They are so generous to us!!
If you’re familiar with the saying, Man plans and God laughs, you’ll appreciate this post.
My mom says this ALL THE TIME. She is not a Disney person, however. We've learned to be flexible for our WDW Trips...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day Five, con’t

We waited until the rain let up before venturing out.

The elevators on our side of the Lodge remained inoperable so we boarded one on the DVC side.

Though the elevator was empty, the stench of BO lingered.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

“The O didn’t go with the B!” I cried to Em.

It was a long five floors down.

Our dinner ADR in Epcot was 90 minutes away and it would have been convenient to just climb aboard the next Epcot bus. But we had to go to MK first, thanks to the park pass that I “had” to have today.

0D77744A-96D7-45A7-8FDF-A6CD0CBDFB92.jpeg

We could have tapped in and then turned around to exit, but I felt guilty for making Brad go through the effort of securing us the park pass. The least we could do was go through the train tunnel and officially “enter”the park.

24CBFFF7-B162-4E28-8AE5-66AFDE9ACD62.jpeg

We did not have time to ride anything, but we could browse in the Emporium….which we did.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em came up with a creative way for us to “hop” to Epcot.

First we took a bus to a resort that she had never visited.

FA920152-1FF4-40AB-AD1E-30A22BE9C0F9.jpeg

If you don’t recognize the view, perhaps the next pictures will help.

5DFF5705-CB5B-4891-9CF4-3326C653107D.jpeg

A43D7C56-4A80-4161-ABD9-E229EFFDB091.jpeg

FC7A24A5-8C62-4565-ACAC-A2E9437D1C60.jpeg

After our quick tour of the Riviera, we boarded the Skyliner.

FFFCA37C-FCB1-4F6B-8A2E-E26FAE048D86.jpeg

A6229906-C903-4D7F-B93B-CF30EC0DC7C1.jpeg

We had our own cabin. After we were safely in the air, we did something naughty. We took off our masks.

8565FF8E-EE06-4F05-8C85-71F763FF578B.jpeg

Yes, I know I am a rule follower. And I kept my mask on when I rode the Skyliner before I was vaccinated. But today I was having a rebellious moment, so…..

Despite the toasty temperature (it was in the low 90s) our cabin was comfortably cool, thanks to the breeze blowing in through the vents. We did briefly stop twice on the journey and I would not want to be stuck longer than that (especially in the summer!)

I did not realize how “lifeless” this topiary display was until I saw our PP pictures.

399CF291-DD4C-458B-AE6E-902A2208A6DD.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I walked counter-clockwise from the IG to our dinner destination. World Showcase was much more crowded than it had been on Sunday.

288EE7B9-DB42-4753-B2FB-BC008195BDAE.jpeg

We waited a few minutes to be seated. Our table was a two-top next to a window.

97DD70C0-7663-4AC4-B7AE-6AC231CCF831.jpeg

With a good view of the dining room.

87AEEB5B-622A-4097-927F-0E8F5866E86A.jpeg

We were eating in Italy. Our server was from Wishaw, Scotland and spoke with a strong brogue. Our food runner was from Hawaii. There were no Italian water boys who always kept our glasses full.

It was a different experience without the cultural representatives.

Both of us were thirsty and drawn to the same drink on the menu.

A frozen strawberry limoncello.

8EB21981-2E1B-4E3F-8393-72EF68F79CB7.jpeg

Cheers!

897D4E8E-7654-470E-954E-BD95DCBA06AD.jpeg

Em and I debated ordering a large pizza. The two of us typically share an individual. We decided to GO BIG!

FE8C2358-61F5-4FCD-A487-278BCF63C261.jpeg

Notice the quantity of cheese? (We did not order extra.) Via Napoli pizzas tend to be skimpy on cheese. This pizza was a pleasant surprise.

“It’s because the cooks are all Americans now,” Em said. “They know how to make a cheesy pizza.”

The pie was delicious. We ate all but one slice.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Em and I walked counter-clockwise from the IG to our dinner destination. World Showcase was much more crowded than it had been on Sunday.

View attachment 572286

We waited a few minutes to be seated. Our table was a two-top next to a window.

View attachment 572287

With a good view of the dining room.

View attachment 572288

We were eating in Italy. Our server was from Wishaw, Scotland and spoke with a strong brogue. Our food runner was from Hawaii. There were no Italian water boys who always kept our glasses full.

It was a different experience without the cultural representatives.

Both of us were thirsty and drawn to the same drink on the menu.

A frozen strawberry limoncello.

View attachment 572289

Cheers!

View attachment 572290

Em and I debated ordering a large pizza. The two of us typically share an individual. We decided to GO BIG!

View attachment 572291

Notice the quantity of cheese? (We did not order extra.) Via Napoli pizzas tend to be skimpy on cheese. This pizza was a pleasant surprise.

“It’s because the cooks are all Americans now,” Em said. “They know how to make a cheesy pizza.”

The pie was delicious. We ate all but one slice.

That is a lot of cheese, maybe it made up for the cheese that was mostly missing from your brisket earlier.

slipperalwaysfits

Em and I walked counter-clockwise from the IG to our dinner destination. World Showcase was much more crowded than it had been on Sunday
So glad Em got to see the Rivera! Those mural/mosaics are very impressive!
A frozen strawberry limoncello
Putting it on my must try list! I've noticed Em seems to have a thing for frozen drinks....:inlove:
YAY for extra cheese! Fingers crossed our pizzas are just as cheesy here next week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom