SPOILERS! Discussion/reaction thread for Loki streaming Marvel series on Disney+ - new episodes begin June 9th!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In spite of my love for Loki, I hope it's not either! But I'm not holding my breath for something unexpected either, simply based on how the last two series went. But we'll find out next week! :)

But so far, the most unexpected thing in this show was an alligator with horns. :D
They are still setting things up so its Kang. We may not see him in the last episode but its looking more like its him.

Remember that Feige likes to rip the MCU stories right from the pages of the comics. And in the comics Kang has always been part of the TVA stories.

So my bet is more that its Kang not Loki.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They are still setting things up so its Kang. We may not see him in the last episode but its looking more like its him.

Remember that Feige likes to rip the MCU stories right from the pages of the comics. And in the comics Kang has always been part of the TVA stories.

Mephisto was also always part of the origin of Wanda's twins....

;)

With WandaVision and tFatWS, the big bad in the end was not a character that wasn't already seen.

Not saying they won't introduce Kang in the last episode. But don't be surprised if it's a Loki. Or that Kang is a Loki.

After all, Sylvie is an amalgam of Sylvie, Lady Loki, and Enchantress.

And Agatha wasn't a mentor for Wanda, but a bad witch.

And Sharon isn't a good guy (unless she's a Skrull... or deep undercover running a black ops).

Comics story lines and characters have been known to be changed a lot in the MCU.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Mephisto was also always part of the origin of Wanda's twins....

;)

With WandaVision and tFatWS, the big bad in the end was not a character that wasn't already seen.

Not saying they won't introduce Kang in the last episode. But don't be surprised if it's a Loki. Or that Kang is a Loki.

After all, Sylvie is an amalgam of Sylvie, Lady Loki, and Enchantress.

And Agatha wasn't a mentor for Wanda, but a bad witch.

And Sharon isn't a good guy (unless she's a Skrull... or deep undercover running a black ops).

Comics story lines and characters have been known to be changed a lot in the MCU.
Don’t rule out Mephisto just because he wasn’t in WV. ;) Long game he could still be coming, same with Nightmare (who is still rumored to be part of DS2).

Anyways I won’t be surprised either way, Kang or Loki. To be honest though if it ends up being Loki it would just be boring and doesn’t move the story forward. At least with Kang it moves the story forward.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster

I'd be thrilled if it's someone unexpected - and Kang would be a fine choice. But since they haven't gone that route with the previous two shows, as I said, based on that, I'm expecting... the expected. lol

mf1972

fun episode. have to say grant steals the show, imo. but if i got a kick out of anything, it’s alligator loki. i hope next week isn’t a letdown, but we’ll see.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And so there it is, just like I said, it’s NOT a Loki after all….

It’s Kang as has been hinted the whole season leading into the other parts of Phase 4.

Phicinfan

And so there it is, just like I said, it’s NOT a Loki after all….

It’s Kang as has been hinted the whole season leading into the other parts of Phase 4.
This is a spoiler thread, you don't have to use spoiler tags

I loved this series, but the ending was a bit predictable. You knew Kang was coming, he was already confirmed for Antman and Wasp 2.
Add to that making him the one who remains was a nice twist.
I also find it funny that in the end, the only Loki variant to show growth or real change was.... our original Loki. In the end Sylvie stayed Sylvie.
I love they have committed to season 2, which I bet comes just before Antman and Wasp 2 as a lead in. I also assume you will see Kang somewhere either in Dr. Strange 2 or maybe Spiderman 3 - or both.

What I wonder now is, it seems our Loki variant is outside of the timeline, so how does he react to that freedom, and what to do with it?

mf1972

well that episode was trippy as hell. i think my wife got a little confused with all the timeline & multiple universes talk & gave me a headache explaining it all. assuming this spills over into upcoming movies, i’ll have a migraine when this is all said & done 😂

michmousefan

Great finale. The best of the three D+ series so far, for me. Relieved that there will be a 2nd season.

And if the show doesn't score multiple Emmy nods next year for Production Design (among other things), there is no Kang God.

Jedijax719

Interesting finale. I think the point was to
give a full rationale for the TVA, ableit delivered by someone who is annoyingly narcissistic and arrogant (by design) who almost invites himself being killed by a Loki
which ultimately causes
a major schism in the multiverse and gives us our hook for Phase 4.
. Well done. I just wonder how
they are going to incorporate having Kang in both the movies and Loki S2
but I suppose that since
there are multiple Kangs, they can have multiple Kang storylines
. Again, way to go! See this is the kind of connections that the SW universe needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom