RnRc Retheme?

wazowski_216

Yeah, again my suggestion was a family friendly Omni Mover through Shuri's Lab and then a Flight of Passage type simulator around Wakanda. Lean into Shuri as the driver of the tech as well as the idea of opening up Wakanda to the world. I'd suggest that Wakanda be the first Marvel land in a Disney park that isn't self aware of the fact that it's in a Disney park. The singular IP based lands in DHS already fall into that category.

Another thought I had on the show was to re-purpose the Sunset Showcase / Cars theater into a history of Wakanda show. This would be really the only place where you'd see T'Challa, and likely the only part that would require lawyers.
1. I love your photo pic
2. this would work

SailorMercury

Demolish RnRC for Cars Land behind Sunset Boulevard. Good way to finally bring over one of the best DLR experiences while finally removing the animation building for a second entrance.

Marc Davis Fan

RnRC's actual ride experience was never up to Disney's standards of immersion for an e-ticket attraction. Flats painted with neon cartoon images? Really?

Despite being skeptical of the whole concept of "re-theming" attractions (for a number of reasons, but that's off-topic), this is the only attraction I would actually want re-themed. Even making it a cool "light show" like the version that existed in Paris would be a big improvement over the plywood cutouts.

Movielover

Demolish RnRC

demolish rnrc as well as entire northwest studios quadrant of park and redo it entirely.

giphy.gif

rle4lunch

Original Poster
RnRC's actual ride experience was never up to Disney's standards of immersion for an e-ticket attraction. Flats painted with neon cartoon images? Really?

Despite being skeptical of the whole concept of "re-theming" attractions (for a number of reasons, but that's off-topic), this is the only attraction I would actually want re-themed. Even making it a cool "light show" like the version that existed in Paris would be a big improvement over the plywood cutouts.

Indeed. I hate the neon painted plywood. It irks me that they went this cheap with the ride.

Hawkeye_2018

Not a fan of this attraction. Gave me a headache after I rode it.

That said, I would rather keep it as is and help eat up lines/capacity than be in construction for 5 years.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Not a fan of this attraction. Gave me a headache after I rode it.

That said, I would rather keep it as is and help eat up lines/capacity than be in construction for 5 years.

the problem with this ride (besides it being very cheaply designed, theme-wise), is that it's queue moves at an epically low pace. The single rider line is nearly always as long of a wait as the normal queue, and it clocks in at around a minute of ride time. The juice isn't worth the squeeze anymore for us to ride it when we visit.

And yes, my wife gets the headache you mention.

Purduevian

Since we are all just armchair Imagineering here... An updated Mickey's toontown with small A,B,C,D ticket rides bookended by MMRR and an updated Rock N Rollercoaster attraction.

Tear Down SW launch Bay. Give me a Minnie Mouse meet and greet like Toyko with a beauty salon connected like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. A Donald themed Aquatopia Boat ride, a Chip and Dale rescue rangers fantasyland style dark ride, Pluto and Pals Carousel, A dark ride themed to an old mickey short (maybe jack and the bean stalk? Retheme VotM theater to a Mickey and friends show (but not Disney Jr. Level).

Finally cap it off with "An Extremely Goofy Ride". Max and Goofy are heading out to see their old pal Power Line for his Concert. During the Preshow Max is trying to get Goofy to leave, but Goofy keeps delaying things with his antics. Finally the concert is all the way across town and we all need to get in Power Lines super stretch Limo to get there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom