Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Reccomendations. There is a reason vaccinations are not required by law. Many cases could be made that they could be or should be from the same entity, but they are not for a reason.
Prohbition, same problem. Tobacco, same issue.
You're comparing apples to oranges. A GLOBAL HEALTH CRISIS isn't the same as those things. They should have gone further than "recommending", because some people aren't smart enough not to look into the barrel of a loaded gun.

ETA: Don't get me started on vaccines.

celluloid

You're comparing apples to oranges. A GLOBAL HEALTH CRISIS isn't the same as those things. They should have gone further than "recommending", because some people aren't smart enough not to look into the barrel of a loaded gun.

ETA: Don't get me started on vaccines.

You are right. It is a hard comparison. Drunk Driving and tobacco will kill more(and still does daily) than this virus ever will.

I won't get you started on vaccines, but if you have to go shopping for perishables every week, I can assist with some good tips to avoid unnecessary traveling and interaction with grocery store runs. Sincerely, my wife is a planner for shopping and I can offer some tips to reduce your trips and make groceries last longer.

celluloid

Drunk driving and tobacco aren't possibly going to overload hospitals and force doctors into choosing who gets to live and who gets to die.

What do you think are one of the reasons hospital beds are often full leading up to times like these? If you took away the cancer and issues caused by smoking and second hand smoke and alcohol poisioning as well as drunk driving accidents or stupid mistakes caused by bad judgment through drugs, guess what you would have? A lot more hospital beds and less stresss on hospitals.

21stamps

As you well know, the advice has rapidly shifted focus from large gatherings, to small gatherings, to all unnecessary social interactions. I have behaved in accordance with this advice at every step.

I know that there were staggered responses in different areas and different business categories...and different people who justified different forms of entertainment.

There’s a hot debate in Boca Raton over Lake Boca and the amount of boats that have been out., mainly the people on the boats.. there’s people videoing from their patios and balconies and emailing the mayor and governor, asking to put a Stay at Home Order on everyone.. there’s other people who were encouraging to go retail shopping in Mizner to support local retail stores during the day, while practicing appropriate social distancing. Both things were happening over the weekend, because people are at different stages at different times, as you were. That’s called - being human.

I don’t agree with loading up someone’s yacht with friends and partying right now, but at the end of the day, we have to expect that not every person is going to follow every recommendation. We just need the majority to follow it, and hope the others come along and change their minds too.

ImperfectPixie

What do you think are one of the reasons hospital beds are often full leading up to times like these? If you took away the cancer and issues caused by smoking and second hand smoke and alcohol poisioning as well as drunk driving accidents or stupid mistakes caused by bad judgment through drugs, guess what you would have? A lot more hospital beds and less stresss on hospitals.
You know what else would free up space in hospitals? People stopping using the ER as a primary care physician. People not shooting each other. Or stabbing each other. Or workers having safe working conditions. People not running red lights.

celluloid

You know what else would free up space in hospitals? People stopping using the ER as a primary care physician. People not shooting each other. Or stabbing each other. Or workers having safe working conditions. People not running red lights.

Yes, all things that cause more harm than the extremists judging others on preventing this. You know a lot of the news reporting people hospitalized over this illness are using it as a primary care as they would for other things. They are often released fairly quickly. Finally we agree.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Well. At least there's this:

Which makes you think: How in the heck did he catch it?

ToTBellHop

Poor man. Imagine having something invade your body without your permission.

Giss Neric

He's not really in prison as we all assume. He gets out whenever he can.

The Mom

Premium Member

The same way people who have been in nursing homes for years got it - someone brought it to him.

celluloid

He was around so many people in court rooms and transit before final sentencing while virus was here, he is older and due to his natural consequences very stressed and worn(he earned it of course) Not shocking his immune system was weak and caught it.

WDW862

Hopefully its very slow and extremely painful

ImperfectPixie

Yeah. Maybe. But I bet you that the Coronvirus would catch Chuck Norris.
5DA19BB2-61C4-4256-BE51-B65C016246FA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom