Worst hotel room view in all of Disney World?

Dave B

But they could slightly lower the price of those rooms, like when you go to a ball game and you purchase an obstructed view ticket you typically pay a little less than the seat next to you with a clear view, still in great area, just like this room

Tom P.

But they could slightly lower the price of those rooms, like when you go to a ball game and you purchase an obstructed view ticket you typically pay a little less than the seat next to you with a clear view, still in great area, just like this room
Standard view rooms are priced less than those with a particular view, such as a water view. Now I suppose you could argue that even among standard view rooms, one should pay less for a view like the OP had than just a plain view of the parking lot, but Disney definitely does charge less for rooms without good views.

Dave B

Standard view rooms are priced less than those with a particular view, such as a water view. Now I suppose you could argue that even among standard view rooms, one should pay less for a view like the OP had than just a plain view of the parking lot, but Disney definitely does charge less for rooms without good views.
Thank you, I appreciate that. I was aware but was thinking that they could discount that as well a little more

Movielover

Thank you, I appreciate that. I was aware but was thinking that they could discount that as well a little more
Why? You are still getting a good room with all the amenities of the resort. While I feel that all of WDW hotels are overpriced you still are paying for the services of the hotel.

Dave B

Why? You are still getting a good room with all the amenities of the resort. While I feel that all of WDW hotels are overpriced you still are paying for the services of the hotel.
Because you are not getting the same EXPERIENCE as the other rooms in that same location and you are not getting the same amenities. That balcony proves it

Last edited:

Tom P.

Because you are not getting the same EXPERIENCE as the other rooms in that same location and you are not getting the same amenities. That balcony proves it
So you think someone who is looking at rows of parked cars, as well as constant incoming and outgoing traffic, is getting a better experience than someone who is looking at a rooftop?

I'm sorry, but the very definition of a "standard view" room is that it overlooks a rooftop or a parking area. That is the category. You are not getting less of an experience. You are getting exactly what you selected and paid for.

Dave B

So you think someone who is looking at rows of parked cars, as well as constant incoming and outgoing traffic, is getting a better experience than someone who is looking at a rooftop?

I'm sorry, but the very definition of a "standard view" room is that it overlooks a rooftop or a parking area. That is the category. You are not getting less of an experience. You are getting exactly what you selected and paid for.
Don't get angry, just giving my opinion

Not quite a view issue, but I stayed in a $270 standard view room at Yacht Club at the end of January. I've stayed in the "cheap" rooms before at the deluxe resorts and had my expectations before I opened the door. I was on the 2nd floor and had a view of trees that provided about 80% privacy from the valet parking lot, so basically not bad at all!
What surprised me was that directly below my room was a large brick patio with patio furniture and potted plants. The room below me was the Captain's Deck Suite, the largest room at Yacht Club at 2,374 square feet of 2 bedroom apartment-style living.
It seemed odd to me that such a large, nice suite would be on the first floor beneath regular guest rooms and then have a view of the same trees/valet parking lot as me.

Dave B

Not quite a view issue, but I stayed in a $270 standard view room at Yacht Club at the end of January. I've stayed in the "cheap" rooms before at the deluxe resorts and had my expectations before I opened the door. I was on the 2nd floor and had a view of trees that provided about 80% privacy from the valet parking lot, so basically not bad at all!
What surprised me was that directly below my room was a large brick patio with patio furniture and potted plants. The room below me was the Captain's Deck Suite, the largest room at Yacht Club at 2,374 square feet of 2 bedroom apartment-style living.
It seemed odd to me that such a large, nice suite would be on the first floor beneath regular guest rooms and then have a view of the same trees/valet parking lot as me.
What year did you get that price for the Yacht Club? I haven't seen below $400/night in a while

What year did you get that price for the Yacht Club? I haven't seen below $400/night in a while

I arrived on Jan 27 and made the reservation on Jan 21. I had a reservation for one of the Flamingo Crossing hotels (I usually stay over there if it's just me or me and my wife, or I stay at one of the Marriott Vacation Club resorts if it's a family trip) and I was checking each day to see if any rooms were becoming available last minute. I didn't have any preference, just keeping an eye out for what was getting canceled last minute.

I had another trip down there last week where I was checking last minute cancellations and an AKL Savannah View room opened up for the entire week of Feb 10 at $347/night.

I've done this a few times over the last 2 years, getting a Marriott reservation so I have a guaranteed place to stay and then checking within a week of arrival to see what's available.

Dave B

That is awesome, I have seen AK for $300/night, just never seen Yacht Club that cheap, that is what most pay for PO or one of the moderates? Was this a DVC deal? or normal website?

Thx

england1

As you get off the Bus at AKL as you walk up to the hotel there are two rooms on the right ground floor, not only do you have people walking past all day and night, you get a bus every 10 mins and also there is a smoking area on the other side of the path

Kiwiduck

This was my standard view at Yacht Club, so I understand why people are a little disappointed to end up with a roof view when this is the sort of beautiful view that other people paying for a standard room get. You realise a bad view is a possibility but cant help but hope for better.
fullsizeoutput_46f.jpeg

Jon81uk

This was my standard view at Yacht Club, so I understand why people are a little disappointed to end up with a roof view when this is the sort of beautiful view that other people paying for a standard room get. You realise a bad view is a possibility but cant help but hope for better.
View attachment 450387

They should be selling that as garden or even lake view. Looks like the room is mis-classified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom